• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I didn't know what hybrids were and I first got the game in 2013 lmao. I also didn't know that the Town Hall, and Train station could be different colors! I ALSO didn't know that the Museum could be on the left or right side of your Main Street. Mine has always been on the left so I thought that was always how it was. When I started resetting, I wouldn't keep the town if the museum was on the right for me. I could have a perfect map and villagers, but if the museum was on the right, I wouldn't keep it.

I also learned that whichever direction your train comes in when you first make a town, that's also the side where your museum is going to be. So if you come in from the left, your museum is on the left, and vice versa.

It took me way long to realize you can actually play the instruments, lol :D I also didn't know that the totem poles make noises.

I realized when Raskell started a really nice thread today about sharing Nooks Homes items with others, that I didn't even know you could go to another town and order home exteriors until a couple of weeks ago!

Had this game for years but I had no idea you could jump into the ocean from your dock or a cliff while wearing a wet suit until very recently...

Last edited:
Hah. When I first go the game in late 2014, I didn't understand the concept of perfect fruits. I found a perfect cherry and sold it. . .and literally over the next 2 years, I came across 0 perfect cherries on my trees. That's right 0. I was so maddd. Of course I didn't realise that it could grow a perfect cherry tree until a couple months later when I was reading a guide online. . .

Last edited:
I found out like two days ago if you hold down the L button while you walk, it makes you run lmao... I've been using it ever since

Found out the same as Spooky

Also learned how running kills grass as well. Guess I will need paths eventually!

I was messing around with the area around my town clock and

LQVyABU.png

Seems like this happens every hour? I never knew the clock did anything really so that's pretty cute.

I was asked to post this... Somehow, there were cases where I was able to hit the money rock 8 times without too much mashing of the A button. Sometimes it was when I saw I had health luck. But other times, I noticed that I did so after drinking coffee from the Roost. I've tested it several times, and I can confirm: you'll hit the rock much quicker after you drink your coffee - in-shop or take-out!

Definitely the fruit stacking, took me way too long to find out! Countless hours picking my fruit one by one and bringing them to re-tail... Also didn't know about patterned stumps for the longest time until I got one randomly and I was like, OH MY GOD A MAGIC TREE?!?! It also took me a while to figure out how to get hybrids to grow, and that wasn't until I found a guide tbh. I knew you needed the colors but I wouldn't leave any spaces so it took forever.

I didn't find out till yesterday that salmons are cuaght at the base of the waterfall at the beach, (and I've been playing this game for like 3-4 years now.) :I

Last edited:
Definitely the fruit stacking, took me way too long to find out! Countless hours picking my fruit one by one and bringing them to re-tail... Also didn't know about patterned stumps for the longest time until I got one randomly and I was like, OH MY GOD A MAGIC TREE?!?! It also took me a while to figure out how to get hybrids to grow, and that wasn't until I found a guide tbh. I knew you needed the colors but I wouldn't leave any spaces so it took forever.

That sounds like a form of torture :( Bet you were kicking yourself when you found out about the stacking, though :)

That sounds like a form of torture :( Bet you were kicking yourself when you found out about the stacking, though :)

I really was. When I first started out I planted tons of trees because I wanted to get money, so it would take me forever to collect it all and if a furniture or coins fell I'd have to leave them because I needed to put in all of my fruit to sell... every few trees having to come back... it was really torture. And I didn't know you could use letters as storage either, so I would only use the few spaces in my pocket and holy cow... hours of my life down the drain.

Last edited:
I really was. When I first started out I planted tons of trees because I wanted to get money, so it would take me forever to collect it all and if a furniture or coins fell I'd have to leave them because I needed to put in all of my fruit to sell... every few trees having to come back... it was really torture. And I didn't know you could use letters as storage either, so I would only use the few spaces in my pocket and holy cow... hours of my life down the drain.

OMG, The letter thing too? I'd spend an hour or 2collecting fruit with the knowledge of the tips. I feel so sorry for you :(

Never knew about the giant cloud season.
Never knew about the waterfall thing someone just mentioned as well.

Back