• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I just found out today that as long as at least one of your 4 characters isn't a member of club tortimer, the papers will always be sold at the island gift shop. The only way of opening the slot for another island item is making everyone a member, then the papers will stop appearing in the shop.

I just found out today that as long as at least one of your 4 characters isn't a member of club tortimer, the papers will always be sold at the island gift shop. The only way of opening the slot for another island item is making everyone a member, then the papers will stop appearing in the shop.

Yikezas, that's why it's always there! I just assumed the third slot was only available when on Club Tortimer or something.

I've been reading this thread and I feel like an addicted. I knew everything said here.

For the longest time I had no clue that if you spoke to a villager from another town that was in boxes ready to move you could ask them to move to your town until I joined the bell tree forums haha I can't believe I didn't figure it out earlier!!

It took me at least a year to figure out that when you interact with the piggy bank, you deposit 1 bell each time! XD
Also I literally just found out by accident that when you walk you can run using L or R instead of pressing B! :0

Last night I just noticed the throne has two weird faces and bodies on the sides

Took me forever to realize 3 things: 1 You can place items on bridges, 2 You can place items on the slope down to the beach, 3 Bamboo shoots can stack like fruits...hate my life XD

For some reason, it took me like a full month to figure out how to stack fruit. I would always get frustrated with how little I could carry at a time but then I realized I was just an idiot

I only just recently found out you can jump off the cliff into the ocean if you have your wetsuit on.

I only just recently found out you can jump off the cliff into the ocean if you have your wetsuit on.

I've had this game since release and I didn't know that! I'll have to try it c:

I just learned while making shirts for my villagers that, when you're editing the color you're using, you can tap another and instantly go there. For years I thought you had to exit the menu and open it again...

What are some things about AC:NL that took you years to discover? For example, I only just realized the colour palette can be customised when making a design. Like, each colour within the palette can be picked yourself. I assumed the same limitation as Wild World was in place all these years!

Also, for the longest time I thought, like a dolt, that bamboo was a PWP. Don't ask why.

I didn't know what hybrids were until like... 3 or 4 months ago? Haha. And, I've been playing this game for years.

I saw a gif of someone jumping off the cliff in a wetsuit on tumblr yesterday and I was like "what sorcery is this???"

Last edited:
It took me at least a year to figure out that when you interact with the piggy bank, you deposit 1 bell each time! XD
Also I literally just found out by accident that when you walk you can run using L or R instead of pressing B! :0

I didn't know either of these before your post! Can you get the bells out of the piggy bank again?

I only just learned a few days ago that you can get a tan in this game. I thought you could pick skin colour somehow at the start or based on your Mii

That you can wish upon a star in the game by pressing a when you see one.

Back