Things you didn't know about forever?

Saying a villager's name in the megaphone when they're right next to you scares them and makes them sad. Accidentally did this to Kitt yesterday.

I never knew that once you got a bite while fishing that you could hold down the button. Ever since Wild World I've done speed taps and its worked but now that I know I can just hold the button down, it's been a lot easier to fish

ma'am, i've got big news for you! you don't even need to hold down :') just tap A and you've caught it

- - - Post Merge - - -

Saying a villager's name in the megaphone when they're right next to you scares them and makes them sad. Accidentally did this to Kitt yesterday.

if you have high friendship with them, they don't get angry- they get all excited to see you! it's a good way to check frienship, if you're okay with maybe angering villagers with lower friendship levels :blush:

Flowers change just ever so slightly in color after being watered. Just noticed this with my red carnations - they had a more orange hue :eek:

This one seems like it should be sort of obvious, but I didn't know until recently that giving your villagers perfect fruit instead of regular fruit would raise your friendship level more.

Not something old but due to my long absence and finally update, I just realized Nook offer a new expansion: the secret storage!!! Which I only discover AFTER I sold off most of my collection which I thought of not keeping due to lack of storage space (DAMN!).

- - - Post Merge - - -

The fishing thing.
And (since ACNL is my first AC game) that cedars only grow in the north part of town. RIP 20x cedar saplings

I almost forgot about this and thought "why don't I plant cedar all over the town and build them as fence instead of normal sapling, last time? Now I remember my reason lol

i didnt know two things until this week - you can only have 12 bushes in a row and cedars only grow on the top half of town

Well, reading this thread I just learned that amiibos don't ping to move out.

A blessing and a curse. I have I think 3-4 amiibo move-ins. I wish there was an option to let them move out without replacing them with someone else who won't ever move.

Well, reading this thread I just learned that amiibos don't ping to move out.

A blessing and a curse. I have I think 3-4 amiibo move-ins. I wish there was an option to let them move out without replacing them with someone else who won't ever move.

hi! good-ish news! they CAN move out, it just takes longer than normal bc they are less likely to ping. i think nintendo just reasoned, "if they scanned in this villager, they must really want them" and made the mechanics so that the amiibo villager was less likely to want to move. i've had amiibo villagers ping to move out, so no worries about stagnancy! :blush:

hi! good-ish news! they CAN move out, it just takes longer than normal bc they are less likely to ping. i think nintendo just reasoned, "if they scanned in this villager, they must really want them" and made the mechanics so that the amiibo villager was less likely to want to move. i've had amiibo villagers ping to move out, so no worries about stagnancy! :blush:

ANOTHER NEW THING I LEARNED TODAY!!
Thank goodness. Don't get me wrong, I love who I chose to move in... but I don't need them forever, you know?

ANOTHER NEW THING I LEARNED TODAY!!
Thank goodness. Don't get me wrong, I love who I chose to move in... but I don't need them forever, you know?

i totally gotchu ;) i love the villagers i've scanned in, but i know there'll come a time when i want to change things up in town bc i've gotten too used to my villagers :')

I just noticed:
Villagers will clap when watching fireworks
If you end a multiplayer session, your character waves goodbye at the gate

i didn't even know i could talk to villagers until i was well into the game (about 300 hours.) i thought they were just there for no reason! i really feel stupid now haha :)

I never really noticed until I created a male side character, but apparently male and female characters have slightly different mouth shapes:

gDUEqqo.jpg

That when a villager pings you, they will return to their normal conversation if you don't answer them within a couple seconds. So much for watching them dance.

I didn't know you could shake trees while holding a fishing rod/net lol.

I didn't know you could jump off the cliff if you are wearing a wetsuit, mainly because I never owned one until recently because I was traumatised at how bad I was at deep sea diving.

Wait, wait, wait... you can??

- - - Post Merge - - -

OH MY GOSH YOU CAN

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm pretty sure that was added in the Welcome Ammibo update, you can now shake trees with anyone one-handed tool (i.e anything but the axe or shovel)

Just learned this from reading another thread, but I had no idea you could change the gyroids in club lol. I guess I never tried going on the stage (or past shrunk for that matter, because I only go down there to listen to his dumb jokes).

Part of the welcome amiibo update ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know a lot about this game, so I don't think there is anything I don't know :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Speaking of tarantulas, did they make anyone else jump when they first saw them? It actually startled me seeing it the first few times in Wild World. It was just this big black thing that lunged at you really quickly out of the blue. Not expecting it, I was knocked out the first time and my face was like O_O.

When I was new to the game, when I started it up and came out of my house, there was a scorpion crawling around me.....in my flowers.....I don't remember what I did, but i think I went into my house or reset.

I didn't know you could talk into the megaphone. I tought you needed to press A and go down with the circle pad and It'll call a random villager. I was sitting here and wondering why it didn't work. :(

I didn't know how to get the sepia and black and white filters on your tpc for the longest time

Back