• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

Oh there's plenty.

The one that makes me angry is that I created the Reset Center without actually knowing what it was. Like I remember Mr. Resetti from Wild World, and I knew he was in this game, but by the time I realized you had the option of avoiding him in this game by never building the reset center, it was too late. I already created the reset center. I absolutely hate Mr. Resetti.

I've played since NLs release but still have never bought the reset centre. I'm always tempted because it would be a new interior I've never seen before but on the flip side Resetti is annoyance as fudge. Then again, I so rarely quit without saving by habit so maybe I should just do it.

Ditto!
Nintendo need to fix several things.

PWP should ALL be able to be demolished. (Wish I hadn't built the reset centre either!)

Amiibo's should ping to move!

Half a year and only my 3 NON Amiibo's ping to move. In the same order too.

I am thinking about deleting the town and not playing again because of this.
I never knew I'd be stuck with 7 Amiibo's - FOREVER! O_O

It is up to you to be honest, but it is just so annoying to deal with his lectures especially since most of the time when I lose the game its because the cartridge accidentally popped out, so having to deal with progress being lost and with Mr. Resetti is annoying. If you do decide to get it and you close without saving, always click the "My batteries died" option, or else he will keep lecturing you on and on.

it took me a while to figure out flowers could be planted on beaches. i remember one time my friend and i got back from the island and she went to her beach and planted a flower and i was shocked

Last edited:
Ditto!
Nintendo need to fix several things.

PWP should ALL be able to be demolished. (Wish I hadn't built the reset centre either!)

Amiibo's should ping to move!

Half a year and only my 3 NON Amiibo's ping to move. In the same order too.

I am thinking about deleting the town and not playing again because of this.
I never knew I'd be stuck with 7 Amiibo's - FOREVER! O_O

I'm sorry! :(

I didn't know you could dance in Club LOL at night. I randomly pressed the D-pad and my character started dancing. Sometimes I go and have a boogie with Shep.

;)

It's not exactly an "unknown feature" per se, but I've never realized how beneficial the Stalk Market is until recently.

When I started playing ACNL, I never bought turnips. It was partially because I TT'd in my old town, but my primary reasoning was that it was too much of a hassle. It wasn't until I watched someone's ACNL playthrough recently when I learned that it isn't very hard to do; it just takes some patience. And apparently it's one of the best ways to make Bells!

So yeah, I'm definitely going to try the Stalk Market out when I start my new town! (I'll have to kick my TT'ing habits first, though...)

Last edited:
This is really embarrassing but it took me like a full month to realize you can have multiple fossils assessed at once. I just now figured this out like 10 minutes ago and hurried to this thread. Good lord.

it took me ages to discover that you can refurbish items by using any ore, not just gold. i don't think there's any for silver though?

it took me ages to discover that you can refurbish items by using any ore, not just gold. i don't think there's any for silver though?

The Modern set can be refurbished with silver!

Does the Zen clock have the same soldier?

A man with a fan pops out of it :)

ab8e8a2c-09b8-4601-8a5f-fcb2f4520e5d.jpg
Picture is from an very old town I don't have anymore.

Speaking of clocks, The modern clock glows this rainbow-neon like color in the middle..it really surprised me when I first seen it.

Last edited:
I didn't know that once you caught the fish, you didn't have to keep pressing A. For years, even before New Leaf, whenever I would catch a fish I would repeatedly hold down on the A button because I thought you would lose your fish if you let go.

Yeah me too, except I thought that once you got a fish you had to mash A in order to reel it in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I always forget how far tarantulas and scorpions can jump. I think I have them cornered by the edge of the small pond, then they jump over the corner and hit me.

It also took me a while to realize you can use the Shrunk emotions in the water while wearing a wetsuit. They look silly like when you try them on a bench.

They can jump?! I never knew this until now actually

I think I saw a tumblr post where if you build a new characters house on a pwp it demolishes it for free. Haven't tested it but if it works, then yeah.

Last edited:
In HHD, I had no idea that you could save in the middle of a project. Since everything on that game takes a very long time I would be stressed because I wanted to finish the project but I also wanted to do it later... Yet I never tried to save it during one until my sister pointed it out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I saw a tumblr post where if you build a new characters house on a pwp it demolishes it for free. Haven't tested it but if it works, then yeah.

This does work for the minor pwps. I'm not sure about the larger ones, though.

Mine was not knowing about the filters when taking a picture in the booth.

Whattttt. There is filters? Okay so. I couldn't think of anything, but guess this has to be it lol. Because I had no idea. Had the game since release too.

A few weeks ago I learned that while villagers need 2 spaces between one another with their homes, they only have to be 1 space away from the cliff by the beach.

In my newest town, I also had a villager spawn their house one space away from a rock.

it took me a while to figure out flowers could be planted on beaches. i remember one time my friend and i got back from the island and she went to her beach and planted a flower and i was shocked
You can plant flowers on the beach? I never knew this! I thought you could only plant banana and coconut trees.
Well, now I have a new place to plant my flowers.

I knew that you could place flowers on beaches like you would on grass, but I didn't know that hybrids were able to grow on beaches up until a few days ago.

Back