Things you didn't know about forever?

It took me awhile to realize that town halls could be different at the start of the game. Some of them are very subtle like the plant and exterior to me. I knew the train station could but not the town hall

Today I learned that you can't drop furniture you refurbished with a custom design. I was planning on using the same design on a poster stand in two houses and customized both using the same character, but I wasn't able to drop either. Ended up having to make a qr code of the design and copying it to the second character. So much for saving space!

Also, the piranha in the museum follows you around and tries to bite you! I was looking at the tanks when I heard a sound, almost like a ~mysterious ticking noise~. Took me a second to realize what was going on - the piranha kept bashing its face against the glass trying to get to me!

I didn't know the blue frog was actually a diving beetle...so I kept trying to fish it out.
Only recently did I learn it was not a frog at all.

I didn't know that you could jump off of the pier when you have a wetsuit on. Discovered it accidentally

Also, the piranha in the museum follows you around and tries to bite you! I was looking at the tanks when I heard a sound, almost like a ~mysterious ticking noise~. Took me a second to realize what was going on - the piranha kept bashing its face against the glass trying to get to me!

I didn't even know about the piranha that's soo cute lol
I'm going to go check it !

Today I learned that you can't drop furniture you refurbished with a custom design. I was planning on using the same design on a poster stand in two houses and customized both using the same character, but I wasn't able to drop either. Ended up having to make a qr code of the design and copying it to the second character. So much for saving space

Oh man I ran into this exact same problem! I had customized a bunch of different mugs to look like they were glass mugs meant for a tavern. When I went to drop them for another villager to pick up, boy was I in for a surprise...

Then I had to go back to Cyrus and get each one reset back to their original default, drop them, and then customize them with the other villager with special designs. But then low and behold, I realize I wasn't friends with Sable on this villager...

I just want a tavern mug, is that too much to ask for!? lol...

Didn't know Shrunk accepts baskets of fruit since the update! And now you can put items on top of the exotic chest, I don't think you could do that before

Also, funny story- so my sister and I got the game three years ago (it was our first animal crossing game ever), and so during the first few months my sister wouldn't walk around town with "a lot of money" on her character because she had this fear that her villagers might "rob her" xD xD xD
Knowing the game now it sounds ridiculous but we looked it up back then to make sure no one would mug us at night lmao

Another thing I learned today: Gracie's sale items always appear at the end of every season. I was expecting the sales to be like the spotlight items at the Nookling's store w/ the bird chirping at the notice board to randomly announce one particular item. I thought they were super hard to get! But they're not really.

Apparently the music gets quieter when the camera shifts to the sky, as if the game thinks you might not be playing and doesn't want to bother you. Thought this was cute.

I didn't know that you can't display streetpass ice cream in your home :( It just shows up as a brown paper bag.

I just saw a tarantula today, and was scared out of my mind! I've never seen one before and I was so spooked when it came scurrying from behind one of my villager's houses and attacked me. (。╯3╰。)

okay *technically* i've known about this since day 1, but i always forget about it:

in the town map i can just press the lil orange arrow on the right to show a list of the villagers & click on their name instead of tapping all of the houses individually to find out where they live whenever i forget. lmao

That fruit trees, even when they don't have fruit on them, are darker than non fruit trees.

I didn't know a lot of cool things people mentioned on here!
I particularly like the one where you dig a hole in front of an object you can sit on and fall into the hole when you land on it like a pitfall. Having fun laughing to myself while I do this over and over :p (the fact that the music stops makes this even funnier for me lol)

Last edited:
I didn't know a lot of cool things people mentioned on here!
I particularly like the one where you dig a hole in front of an object you can sit on and fall into the hole when you land on it like a pitfall. Having fun laughing to myself while I do this over and over :p (the fact that the music stops makes this even funnier for me lol)

Wait, you can?? I want to try that now!!

I never knew that your characters can have different emotions. Asked my friend how she could make her character laugh and make other cute faces.

I recently learned that fruit trees are darker than normal trees, and that the colour of wigs change to match your natural hair colour, whatever it may be.

I never knew that your characters can have different emotions. Asked my friend how she could make her character laugh and make other cute faces.

You get emotions from Dr. Shrunk who runs Club LOL if you bring him a snack every day

Last edited:
Back