• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have they stopped making the Welcome Amiibo cards?

Bulbadragon

🌸☔🌈
Pear 🍐
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Wallopoid
Purple Bat Potion
Ghostly Preserves
I can't find them anywhere online. All the retailers have been out of stock forever and the only place the official website lists you can buy them now is Amazon. On Amazon it's just a 3rd party seller now who had the price at $30 a pack and the only other place they're on is eBay for a similar or even more outrageous price. I'm in the US so not sure if this is different for other countries but if they really have only stopped making them after being out for a few months I'll be really disappointed because they were always out of stock and unobtainable when they were new, and now they're no longer carried anywhere that I can find.

Has anybody else found a place to buy them or does anybody know anything about this?

(Sorry if this in the wrong section/has been posted about before)

Last edited:
I wanted those at first but I realized how expensive it would be to get them since they didn't get released in North America so I gave up on those a long time ago lol.

I have NEVER seen a single Welcome Amiibo pack where I live. My husband was out of town for work a couple weeks ago and found some packs and got 'em for me. I have no idea why they're so impossible to find, though.

I've looked online, in any store that supposedly carries them, and never been able to buy a pack. Which makes me sad, because I really wanted the Ketchup card, at the bare minimum. I really would've liked to try to collect all 50.

Honestly, since they've been out I haven't seen them anywhere except online on the official nintendo website or ebay. I feel like that's where most people on the forums have acquired them or have traded with others for them. I honestly don't think they're out in stores and if they are, it's probably limited supply. I think your best bet is waiting it out until the demand for them goes down on eBay or other online sources, and then try buying them then. Good luck! :)

I bought quite a lot of them on amazon when they were still $6 a pack. I find it really weird how nintendo seems to be phasing out the ac amiibos even though they were just released.
It's not just the ac ones either. I cannot for the life of me find any non-botw zelda amiibos for a decent price.

Unfortunately the demand for amiibos in the US is just so big I don't think Nintendo can keep up with production. Furthermore, I read somewhere that the Welcome Amiibo series were intended to be limited supply only (correct me if I'm wrong). The best chance is actually finding them abroad. If you (or family/friends) ever travel abroad, you can ask them to help you look for them. That's how I got the Sanrio pack for the normal price.

If not, it might be better for you just to buy a Ketchup card off ebay.

Yeah, the stores around where I live and online seem to just be sold out.

Typical Nintendo can't keep stock on their items.

Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo. Always running out of everything they've got.

Pretty soon they'll have Xbox and Playstation items in the Nintendo section.

I bought the whole stock of 10 packages at Media Market where I live. They never restocked them. Luckily I managed to purchase the rest of the cards on ebay...

Well, I'm going to NYC this summer so I'm hoping that just maybe they'll have some at the one big official Nintendo store there, because that seems like my best bet at getting affordable ones in my country. It's disappointing they made something so cool to go with the game now that it's so much more popular and it's not even in stock. I hope it wasn't a limited supply and it's just that the demand for them was just really unexpected so now they're trying to get caught up. Even though that doesn't seem like it :/

I hate how amiibo cards have become such a rarity that every seller is turning into a scalper. I have managed to collect all but two of the cards I want, but that was through stalking eBay every day and asking for them as presents. Some, like Marshal, Ankha, and Merengue, were bought at $2 each before the update. After that, I bought Diana for $5 and the Sanrio set for $34. I wanted Fauna for the longest time but was discouraged that the cheapest price I saw her for was $12. Luckily, my parents got her for me for my birthday. It makes me sad to see cards like Julian (who by some miracle I got in a random pack) going for $50. The seller gets no money and the customer gets no product. It makes no sense.

At least the regular amiibo card packs are still in stores and sold for regular prices online. If I never find the Welcome Amiibo ones, I can at least get some more of the original cards and have villagers I like more that way.

I wanted those at first but I realized how expensive it would be to get them since they didn't get released in North America so I gave up on those a long time ago lol.

I got 6 Sanrio cards for $30.00. Honestly, Idk if that's considered expensive, but on Amazon each of those individual cards of the 6 pack as like 15-20 each - so to me, it was a great price.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I found some good sanrio prices for you, though ketchup and only a few others are out of stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Welcome-Amiibo-series-Amiibo-Card-/182382462100?var=&hash=item2a76d78494:m:mc_cDp-hLIh7i6aB5GJ9dPg

I got 6 Sanrio cards for $30.00. Honestly, Idk if that's considered expensive, but on Amazon each of those individual cards of the 6 pack as like 15-20 each - so to me, it was a great price.

I say it's expensive because I'm a cheap person and that's almost enough to buy a new 3DS game, so it just doesn't seem worth it to me to pay that much when I could buy a new game instead. And I only wanted them for the cuteness and for Etoile, not because they would be my favorite villagers or I desperately wanted the items to complete my town.

After that, I bought Diana for $5 and the Sanrio set for $34.

That's the exact same price I got it for (sanrio). Were you using ebay?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I say it's expensive because I'm a cheap person and that's almost enough to buy a new 3DS game, so it just doesn't seem worth it to me to pay that much when I could buy a new game instead. And I only wanted them for the cuteness and for Etoile, not because they would be my favorite villagers or I desperately wanted the items to complete my town.

I found welcome amiibo sanrio that were like $4.00 on ebay for you :) Sorry if that doesn't help :(

A few months ago I bought 10 packs at Game Stop for $6 each. Out of those 60 cards, 40 were unique and 20 were duplicates. I was able to get the 10 cards I was missing from a single seller on EBay for $25. Luckily I didn't need any of the really popular cards that are more expensive. So my total investment was $85. Then I sold my 20 duplicates on EBay for a big markup, after sellers fees I got $87.50 for the 20 dupes. So actually I got all 50 cards for free plus an extra couple bucks. Not bad!

If I had waited a little longer, I probably could have gotten twice as much for the cards, but an average of about $4.50 a card seems fair to me. $15 or $20 for a card like Dobie or Ketchup is absurd. And I had dupes of both of them!

Last edited:
Back