Have they stopped making the Welcome Amiibo cards?

I've seen packs at my local target on two occasions, but that was nearly 6 months ago now... I'm just going to try and get villager trades done here. I'm just lucky that my new file had Merengue as a starter villager.

I went out to look for some today. I live in the Netherlands, and I couldn't find any online either. I visited all three game shops in my city, and none of them had them in stock.
In the first one, they still had two Sanrio-packs for 6,50 euro each so I picked one of those up, but they couldn't find or order any other Amiibo cards at all (any series). The second one didn't have anything either. They didn't have it in stock, nor any of their other locations or in their distribution center.
The third, and last, one I got to had quite a bunch of cards of the 1-4 series, but none of the WA. He checked his system and could find 3 packs of WA cards in all of Holland. So I reserved those and they're coming my way. :) When I asked him if they would get more, he said he had no idea. Distributing these packs had been vague and unclear from the beginning, he said, with Nintendo themselves not knowing when or how many more there would come. Should he get some more, it would just be lucky and I shouldn't expect it. When he ran out of stock of the first four series, it would go the same way as now with the fifth (they wouldn't know what to expect).

I bought some at GameStop during Christmas season and just stopped in there for the first time since yesterday, to ask if they had any more and didn't. :( I hope they make more!!

I've never seen them in a shop. I have a feeling that they were just a limited run to promote the update last November.

And that's your lot!

If Nintendo was smart, they would make more cards--they are missing out on a ton of interested buyers by leaving the money-grubbing ebay sellers to bushwhack people for 20-60 bucks a package or even a card for that matter. I would definitely be interested in purchasing packs but for that price? I can't justify that kind of waste!

I've been looking but they haven't had any for a while (I also don't have the reader and thats not there either so its been hard) And I really wanted to collect them too!

I have almost a full set in extras. I was thinking of trading them here but I have some medical bills that aren't cheap so idk

I got a full box that completed the set when the Welcome Amiibo Cards got released. It had a full set with 10 repeat cards.
The store ordered them for me. That's the only place that had them but they stopped selling them.

A lot of stores went to online only because the cards weren't selling during the summer of 2016 and people were stealing them. The cards and figures were taking up a lot of shelf space when few customers were buying them last summer.

Nintendo should have released the update earlier when they knew customers had slowed down on buying them for the Happy Home Designer game. That's a lot of money to pay for Series 1 to 4.

Since the stores are tired of carrying them I wish Nintendo could sell them thru the Eshop as a code. Yes you wouldn't get the card for the collection but you would be able to use them to invite a villager to your town or buy items.

I got a full box that completed the set when the Welcome Amiibo Cards got released. It had a full set with 10 repeat cards.
The store ordered them for me. That's the only place that had them but they stopped selling them.

A lot of stores went to online only because the cards weren't selling during the summer of 2016 and people were stealing them. The cards and figures were taking up a lot of shelf space when few customers were buying them last summer.

Nintendo should have released the update earlier when they knew customers had slowed down on buying them for the Happy Home Designer game. That's a lot of money to pay for Series 1 to 4.

Since the stores are tired of carrying them I wish Nintendo could sell them thru the Eshop as a code. Yes you wouldn't get the card for the collection but you would be able to use them to invite a villager to your town or buy items.

Lucky you got the box! I just got as many packs as I could around release day and finished the set with trading on here. I think that's the way to get it completed at this point.

Everywhere in my area they are out of stock.
I've been buying out my local Toys R Us for months slowly, but they have steadily ran out of each variety, then haven't restocked afterwords.
I think they are not in print anymore. :/

Apparently they were discontinued? Don't quote me on it or anything, jsut something that I saw somewhere.

All I know for sure is that it's annoying to get the regualr amiibo cards because people always buy them out the minute they stock lol

i just got an amiibo reader last week, and i was so disappointed when i went to every game store in town and they had absolutely nothing. i went online, and instead of buying packs i bought individual cards of my dream villagers. on ebay most individual cards go for $1-$5. of course some are insanely overpriced, like julian's card was selling for around $30. also, some people on the forums are willing to sell their cards if you post in the amiibo trading threads. you'd have to mail an envelope with money to them or buy an amazon egift card or something like that, but it's well worth it i think. it's better than buying a pack and not knowing what you're going to get for such an expensive inflation rate. as for sanrio, i'm fresh out of luck as well, but there are nice people who let you visit their town for the RV's/sell the items for tbt.

Honestly, sucks. I'm having a hard time even finding series 1-4 cards anywhere but online. And RV cards are getting to be like $20 each. I seriously hopes Nintendo releases all of them again, the demand is high!

Back