• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have they stopped making the Welcome Amiibo cards?

I see them all the time at Toys R Us

The Toys R Us near me never has them. If you're still trading cards, I'd recommend buying a few packs to trade. A lot of people are willing to trade 2:1 for the WA because they are unavailable in a lot of areas.

I've been trading cards like Merengue, Stitches, Julian, Beau, Chrissy and Lolly to complete my WA collection.

I see the HHD cards series 1-4 but for the Welcome Amiibo packs specifically (for the RV site) I was told by someone on ACNL Sugar (sugarcoatedkiss on Twitch)'s stream chat that they Welcome Amiibo packs were discontinued. I used to get them at Toys R Us, Target, & Game Stop but haven't seen them for months & now I find myself buying them individually on ebay but some of them go for upwards of $25 a card.

Well, thanks everyone for the suggestions, they are very apprectiated. I'm just really hoping it's an artificial shortage thing and they'll be released again like some people have said or else I'll have to try my luck at finding singles I want online somewhere.

It's an artificial shortage thing I think. You just gotta know where to look. Near me, I can't find them anywhere except in Fry's Electronics, where they have all four series available.

I've looked online, in any store that supposedly carries them, and never been able to buy a pack. Which makes me sad, because I really wanted the Ketchup card, at the bare minimum. I really would've liked to try to collect all 50.

I didn't realise how hard these cards were to come by now, the Sanrio cards were sold in my country and I got a good deal on all 50 of the welcome Amiibo cards. Were you after Ketchup as a villager? It might take a while but I could move them into my cycle town for you to adopt if you like (free of course).

Last edited:
I usually find them at my local Gamestop, but they stopped selling them at the one closest to me. ; - ; They still sell them at other gamestops though. Check on Gamestop's website and see if there are any near you :) They're about $6 each where I'm from.

I want the Sanrio ones, but they only sell those on eBay. Thankfully I don't need them because people on here sell Sanrio sets so there's no need to buy them unless you want a Sanrio character in your town.

Last edited:
I have not seen any RV Welcome Amiibo packs since December.

A few Best Buys around here always have a box of Series 1 :) but none of the other Series ;)

I went to a Toys R Us and bought a pack of the series ones and one had Sally's, yay! :D

But unfortunately I didn't see any Welcome amiibo ones :(, maybe the GameStop that's not far from my house has them. Claude's card :(

Last edited:
I've see Series 1-4 at Target and Toys R Us where I live but extremely rarely. A couple of months ago, Target was selling Welcome amiibo cards and I completely regret not getting them. Nowadays, no where seems to be selling them. All my local Gamestops told me they haven't seen Animal Crossing cards in months and that their distributor only has a certain amount to sell at each store, hence why it's so difficult to find them now. My Toys R Us said they only get Series 1-4. Best Buy only has the AC amiibo figures the last few times I've checked.

amiibo searching has been annoying as well. I know my boyfriend's been trying to get certain amiibo but hardly any store stocks them. We may have to go online but it's a reseller paradise right now. D:

I'll def try Fry's sometime, I didn't even think to look there.

Seriously, why did Nintendo intend the Welcome amiibo cards to be limited time?

I didn't realise how hard these cards were to come by now, the Sanrio cards were sold in my country and I got a good deal on all 50 of the welcome Amiibo cards. Were you after Ketchup as a villager? It might take a while but I could move them into my cycle town for you to adopt if you like (free of course).

Thank you so much for the offer, but I have no open spaces in my town right now and nobody appears to want to move, lol. So I don't want to inconvience you with having to wait on me to get an open spot. I really appreciate it though :)

EB Games and JB Hi Fi have them.
Online at least. ^_^

I can't find series 1 on the EB Games website anymore, didn't even think of JB Hi-fi as an option.
Ordered some of series 1, honestly so glad to see your comment!!

I believe they were made last november, so they've been out of circulation for a while? It's ridiculous how expensive they are!! A single pack of 2 Sanrio cards is worth like $50 according to Ebay and I'm like bye 👋🏻

- - - Post Merge - - -

As for the villager cards, the only store I found them in was toys r us. They don't have RV's they're just the ones that let you ask the villager to move in. So they might still be making those? But not the RV ones. They weren't there both times I went to that store.

I can't find series 1 on the EB Games website anymore, didn't even think of JB Hi-fi as an option.
Ordered some of series 1, honestly so glad to see your comment!!

That's awesome.
Glad it helped. ^_^

I got my WA cards online from Cubox (Australia) but I've never come across any in person at stores. I've only seen JB sell series 2 cards in store haha, had to order the other series online from them.

Thank you so much for the offer, but I have no open spaces in my town right now and nobody appears to want to move, lol. So I don't want to inconvience you with having to wait on me to get an open spot. I really appreciate it though :)

Well let me know if you change your mind, I haven't used the cards to do this but I've read it's easy to move villagers into boxes with cards so it wouldn't be an inconvenience :).

Once and only once had I seen them at Target. I bought two packs. I haven't seen them or regular AC amiibo cards since then.

Really? Ugh. I live in the EU (Which for once means; 3 cards instead of 6.) and because of money problems, I've only bought two packs.. (WA cards.) And since I live in DK they never had them in my local Gamestop store.. The only place I could buy them, doesn't have them anymore..

Back