Have they stopped making the Welcome Amiibo cards?

I have the same issue where I live too. I always look for them when I go to any store but I only actually found them once and that was in December. I still have a great collection though because I have been able to buy the series 1-4 packs and have been trading those cards for the WA. It's actually quite fun and I enjoy going to my mailbox now. Better than having to spend $10 for each card! What I do wonder though, is once they stop making all of these, will they be in more demand? My husband is all about making money and says I should sell my cards (jokingly) but they are just fun to me to have so I couldn't sell them. Sometimes I think about it though, if I sold each individual one that I have I could probably make like over $500. I wonder if they will be worth more once they stop making the cards completely!

Wow I thought this was only the case in Australia. So they're rare in the US too? I have to buy single cards from eBay sellers because I've never seen them stocked in our stores. At least that way you get exactly who you want I guess. Some sellers are scandalous with their prices though.

Yeah they are rare. I managed to get a pack from Gamestop last month but it was the last pack that store had for New Leaf. The rest they had was all for Happy Home Designer.

picked up the last pack from gamestop a few days ago.
they seem pretty rare because that's the only one i've seen around here. :(

I never saw a WA Pack here in Mexico. That's why i'm looking for Louie.

Wow I thought this was only the case in Australia. So they're rare in the US too? I have to buy single cards from eBay sellers because I've never seen them stocked in our stores. At least that way you get exactly who you want I guess. Some sellers are scandalous with their prices though.

EB Games and JB Hi Fi have them.
Online at least. ^_^

I'm not sure if it has been brought up, but Nintendo is very notorious for artificially creating shortages of some of their products as a means of driving up demand for them. This happened with the initial release of the Smash Bros Amiibo line, and they seem to be doing it for Welcome Amiibo cards (and Zelda BotW amiibos in my area, at least). Unfortunately for us collectors, this allows scalpers to drive the price up from $6 for a pack of 6 cards to $6 per card (ergo, increasing demand as prices rise). Considering the cards were just released 5 months ago, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a second release sometime later this year after the scalpers have had their fun.

EB Games and JB Hi Fi have them.
Online at least. ^_^

Not where I live, I've checked them both. We live in a very touristy suburb with a lot of visitors from Asia though, so maybe they are nicking them haha. On the Australia thread (on the Train Station sub forum) everyone was saying the same thing though, that they haven't seen any since at least Christmas.

Last edited:
EB has the AC figures like Isabelle and Reese, but not the cards or most other figures. I've had my eyes peeled for Shiek which they didn't even have in their random box of second hand figures.

I'm in the UK: Can't get welcome amiibo cards (series 5) or san rio cards here in the UK - well you can if you are willing to pay a lot of money.
Single cards are available on ebay. Figures, most more or less available, but some now really expensive.

The last time I was able to buy welcome amiibo packs was in Feb this year - on Amazon, direct from them, limited to 2 packs per person and they came from France (tho I didn't know that would be so when I bought).
Europe only has 3 cards per pack in the Welcome amiibo packs. Very frustrating.
Why we got such a good deal with the san rio cards - I'm totally amazed, a one and only occurrence.

I'm guessing but it looks like the welcome amiibo cards won't be reprinted - frustrating - why does Nintendo leave us like this so many times. Get if you are quick/lucky, don't have or pay 2ndary sellers scalper prices.

I'm in the UK: Can't get welcome amiibo cards (series 5) or san rio cards here in the UK - well you can if you are willing to pay a lot of money.
Single cards are available on ebay. Figures, most more or less available, but some now really expensive.

The last time I was able to buy welcome amiibo packs was in Feb this year - on Amazon, direct from them, limited to 2 packs per person and they came from France (tho I didn't know that would be so when I bought).
Europe only has 3 cards per pack in the Welcome amiibo packs. Very frustrating.
Why we got such a good deal with the san rio cards - I'm totally amazed, a one and only occurrence.

I'm guessing but it looks like the welcome amiibo cards won't be reprinted - frustrating - why does Nintendo leave us like this so many times. Get if you are quick/lucky, don't have or pay 2ndary sellers scalper prices.

Nintendo found an even easier way to rake in money with their Badge Arcade. They don't even have to make anything physical for that. :rolleyes:

I'm in the UK and I've only seen them on the Nintendo UK Store twice - once for preorder, and once more after that. They seem to consistently be out of stock, which is kinda frustrating because I still have quite a few of them I'd have liked to collect, but I don't really want to be paying around ?5 for a single card. Game never seem to have them in stock either, and the only time I've seen them on Amazon, they've been really expensive for a single pack and they were only available to Prime members - I don't have Amazon Prime.

I'm in the UK and I've only seen them on the Nintendo UK Store twice - once for preorder, and once more after that. They seem to consistently be out of stock, which is kinda frustrating because I still have quite a few of them I'd have liked to collect, but I don't really want to be paying around ?5 for a single card. Game never seem to have them in stock either, and the only time I've seen them on Amazon, they've been really expensive for a single pack and they were only available to Prime members - I don't have Amazon Prime.

The 2 packs I bought from Amazon UK in Feb (@?3.49 per pack) - were not only for Prime members (I'm not on Prime either) - guess I was lucky, but at the time Amazon was usually reserving them for Prime members.

Since then - nothing at the RRP, so as opening poster wonders, I wonder if this is the end.

Its what made me look at ebay - you could (still can I think, I only bought last week) get single cards for around ?3 to ?3.50 but decided to chose a seller where feedback mentioned good packing, price higher - around ?5, (all on free postage) & they came thru correctly packaged & mint condition. I curtailed it to five really really wanted cards. I know expensive. But I factored in buying packs blind meant I might never get these 5.

I'm curious about this as well. I plan on making a trip to Japan in the summer and want to pick up a few packs while I'm there. Hopefully they have them in stock when I go. I'm guessing the Sanrio promotional cards are out of print now?

I've yet to see them on sale anywhere. I only really wanted the dogs, wolves and bears so ended up buying a few from eBay at ?3 each.

The next time Nintendo releases amiibo cards I am going to buy a ton before they all disappear! ;)

Back