What was one of your worst school field trip experiences?

Torterraxe

Spoopy
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So about two days ago, I went to a camp. It was an overnight trip. And oh boy, let me tell you - it was terrible. The activities and the quality of the cabins and food was worth the money. But what completely spoiled it all was when I learned that I had been placed in a cabin and group that lacked all of my friends. I had been placed alone with people I wasn't comfortable with.

Basically, when I got to school I was told that I wouldn't be in a cabin with them. I couldn't handle that. We had an assembly that morning for the school's chorus group (which I'm in) and before we performed I was sitting on the bleachers, crying. We hadn't even gotten to the buses and I already wanted to go home.

The good news is that during dinner after we had been at camp for a while, one of the teachers noticed me crying and brought me outside to talk and I got to switch cabins. I was still anxious and I was still shaking for quite a while afterwards. Somehow I still didn't enjoy the camp even after I had switched but at least I was a bit more comfortable than before.

I don't understand why they wouldn't put you in a cabin with your friends. Some people have anxiety, you know. Apparently I was the first person to have a breakdown in the five years the school had been going to this camp because of cabin placement.

Last edited:
Mine was back in preschool. We had taken a walk to a local park and a smelly kid named Alex vomited after riding the merry-go-round. It was that day when I realized I was severely emetophobic and I avoided him like the plague from that point forward. -_-

OH! There was actually a second instance of this when I went on a field trip during summer camp. We went to an amusement park and I had the pleasure of watching a child vomit while riding the scrambler. His poor mother tried to quell the projectile stream by placing her hand in front of his mouth, which caused the liquid to project back onto the kid, his younger brother, and her. It literally looked like they were covered in ectoplasm and I legitimately fainted. Woke up in a medical building where the on-site nurse was telling our camp counselor that she was "pretty sure I had heat exhaustion". I tried to explain to them that I was okay and that the reason I had fainted was due to the kid throwing up, and they looked at me like I was nuts.

Good times.

I went on a school trip for a week, very single meal involves tomatoes. I hate tomatoes, they make me sick. Didn't eat for an entire week. Also on that trip I had to only kayak that had no peddle and it capsized in the lake with me in it, leaving me all alone in the bus shivering while everyone else was having fun.

School sure was fun!

This one field trip/camp out back in middle school I got a huge stomach virus afterwards. I also didn't shower during the trip because I was too nervous taking a shower around other people, even if they were dudes. I didn't sleep well a lot of the trip and got one of my toys taken away because these kids kept messing with it :(.

My school system didn't allow field trips because they "distracted from academic interests"

I can not think of any specific instances. It's been so long, now. Lol. I remember high school marching band trips to play for away football games sometimes being a pain in the butt. I mean, goofing off in the stands with my friends was fun, as was performing on the field, but being stuck in those stuffy uniforms and typically not being able to eat what I'm served made it miserable. I got migraines a lot.

My school used to do this thing where freshman and sophomore would go to this mountain full of mud and hike it while the seniors drove by and threw mud at you, and you ate hotdogs and stuff..... awful sounding I know but people got excited for this. I only wanted to go so that I could say I went but it was awful. I'm vegetarian so I starved all day, I didn't wear sensible shoes, so the bottom of my feet ached every step I took, and then later on in the day I couldn't even walk every bone in my body was sore. And to top it all off I got stung by wasps! I was walking next to a hive and a car drove by and honked and a swarm attacked me. Good timessss. I knew better to go next year as a sophomore so I skipped school and played Animal Crossing all day with a friend instead, it was the day HHD came out, actually.

When we went to the zoo. There were two kids who started messing around and when we went up to feed the animals one of those two punched the animal. I felt bad for the animal...

Back