• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anybody still actively play wild world?

Igot the game for Christmas... Four years ago. I played it for three months. I somehow lost my Blue 3DS, but I still had the game. 3 months ago, had my Bro's Old 3DS (the same model as my old one) and I had the game. so I was like, might as well get back into it!
(also, my signature is expired, resetted my town. My town name is now Fairview ;3)

Yeah, every day. New leaf is impressive but it's like they were so focused on graphics etc. that they forgot to fill it w charm.

I started playing again since 2 weeks to experience the nostalgia rooted in those warm nights on vacation in france. I looked for a "community" to maybe play with someone online, hit me up if you are interested.

I don?t play it anymore. I don?t think anyone would get the same joy out of it. New Leaf has so many new features, and you don?t need a special third party server to play with people online! Wild World seems stale.

I didn't end up play WW for that long back in the day. I felt bored by it.

Since I love New Leaf, I decided today to start a town in Wild World to try giving it more of a shot. The game definitely has its charms. I'll be playing it for at least a few days/weeks/etc until I get bored with it.

However, it definitely has not aged well in comparison to New Leaf.

WW Cons:
- WiFi no longer works (obviously) and all of the downsides related to that
- Graphics are a huge downgrade
- Your character moves a lot slower and clunkier
- I really find myself missing New Leaf functions that aren't present, like stacking fruit, holding a tool while shaking trees, sneaking, and the tool shortcuts
- Less character, town, and house customization
- Having only 3 villagers in your town on the first day makes things feel so empty and lonely

WW Pros:
- The stargazing/constellation thing with Celeste. I think it's so cute, even though it's unnecessary
- Being able to see the sky better in general
- Blathers having more interesting things to say
- The villagers themselves seem to have more personality, even if some of them are incredibly rude
- The villagers will give you more jobs to do

I just cleaned it up a few days ago, and the villager writing for me more than makes up for the lost functionality. It's nice to not have every conversation be doing something or buying something from them, and for villagers to have more interaction and drama (seriously, the distance they need to start conversations is much more lax). It's the only game where I feel like writing letters and really get into roleplaying the town : )

Yeah, if there's anything I miss from WW it's the villager interactions. They feel like actual friends and not just children that you do errands for. Talking to villagers in New Leaf is like doing work, and the point of Animal Crossing is to escape the workload of the day! You're right about WW villagers being more dramatic and interactive.. they're a lot more sassy too

Back