• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anybody still actively play wild world?

New Leaf was my first AC game, and I was sooo curious to see what the older games are like, so I got Wild World for my birthday last week. It was really unsettling at first - abysmal graphics, which of course I was expecting but I didn't know it was going to be this horrible - but after I got the hang of it, I can say I'm really enjoying it. It's too bad I won't be able to change my hair since I can't unlock Shampoodle without online play, but I've just been covering the ugly hairstyle with hats lol. It's a much more difficult game all around than New Leaf but it's refreshing.

Tl;dr Wild World is pretty great.

I got that game back on my 9th birthday, on 11/03/2008. I wifi'd non-stop through people on Animal Crossing Community and animalcrossingwildworld.com (which is now defunct). I hold so many good and bad memories through the game, whether it be having someone to always play being an immediate good, or being a forbidden seeder/bricker as the immediate bad. The DS was the only thing I had besides a PS2 up until my 12th birthday in 2011, where I got a PS3 and practically stopped playing. During that time, I found I didn't even pay attention to Wild World at all. I was on Flipnote Hatena on the DSi and the PS3 all of the time. When I heard about the Wi-Fi shut down, it was a truly depressing and sad time for me. I got back into it for the last couple weeks or so and re-united with some of my old friends. Played it until its dying day. The game is held as a huge value to me, and is one of the biggest parts of my childhood, and I'll never forget it and the people I played with.
Here is a video of me just goofing around with friends during the Summertime of 2011. I'm the ninja, "Raiden". Truly amazing days.

I have Wild World. I have Goldie, but I'm probably sure she moved out (I haven't checked WW in a month or so)

i have 3 weed infested copies. if i ever win the lottery i'll spend my life playing it again..

I try to visit my old Wild World town at least couple of times in a month.
Feels bad that I've abandoned it but it's an old game and there isn't much for me to do in it anymore.
I love the nostalgia and all the old villagers.. bottle mail and long discussions with Resetti.
That game will always be in my heart.

I have wild world on my ds but I haven't booted it up in.. awhile. I'm quite scared to see what happened to my town honestly. I haven't touched it in around 3 years now, and because of this thread, I'm contemplating going on it again. T__T

I have wild world on my ds but I haven't booted it up in.. awhile. I'm quite scared to see what happened to my town honestly. I haven't touched it in around 3 years now, and because of this thread, I'm contemplating going on it again. T__T

Weeds everywhere. It's possible a villager has moved out (unless they have to start packing first?), but not a great deal will have changed.

I play it actively on and off- sometimes I play every day, and sometimes not for months ^^; Dotty just moved in :)

Weeds everywhere. It's possible a villager has moved out (unless they have to start packing first?), but not a great deal will have changed.

FIRST, I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT YOUR PICTURE OMG. i've been staring at it for over 3 minutes now.
And second, the weeds everywhere thing is making me not want to boot it up even more. I really can't deal. :(

the weeds everywhere thing is making me not want to boot it up even more. I really can't deal. :(

It'll likely take about half an hour to clear up. Kinda tedious and not worth doing if you're going to leave it for another three years as they'll just regrow.

It'll likely take about half an hour to clear up. Kinda tedious and not worth doing if you're going to leave it for another three years as they'll just regrow.

That's exactly why I haven't touched it! I turned it on today but I couldn't bring myself to actually play it so.. I guess it's going to stay dead for a bit longer till I find the time and motivation to do it.

I don't think I could get myself to play Wild World if I tried; I turned it on one day and the whole town was covered in weeds, it just made me think about being a kid and begging my siblings to visit my town to help me weed. Also, it seemed to be really glitchy and slow, and the graphics were awful. I think if I didn't have New Leaf I might be able to deal with it, but now that I've got better graphics and game play there's not really a point.

I'm quite new on this site, although I've acknowledged it's existence for a while though. Wild World has been a source of many memories and nostalgia for me and I've recently gotten back into the game, and I'm curious if anyone still plays as it feels quite lonely I guess? I also own a copy of New Leaf, but It's nice to get back into the older releases sometimes.

HEYY i'm italian. i'm new on this forum, would you come to my village? My FD is 5029-4778-3095

Back