• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL: The Nightmare of Aika - A fanfic

Mayor Yosuke

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Story status: COMPLETE.
NOA from fb2.jpg

Summary: Four humans --Yu, Mel, Taki, and Cecelia-- follow a lead to the last rumored location of tarantula antidote in the beautiful, distant town of Hana Valley. But when their train is forced to stop on a stormy night at Aika Village, they find their journey will be filled with heart-wrenching terrors, truths, and secrets that should stay hidden.

Animal Crossing: The Nightmare of Aika. <---click me. Story status: COMPLETE.

This will tie in with my Dr. Shrunk theory, and the Villager theory. Go ahead and click the links if you want to spoil yourself and know more.

----------------------
Excerpt from Mel's POV from Chapter 1: The Train.
He continued. "According to all the stories, trains don't stop [at Aika village] unless they're dropping off a human. And that human,” Taki held the three of us in the steel of his dark blue gaze, “can never leave.”

I wiped the condensation off the glass with the sleeve of my blue shirt. Lightning exposed the harsh silhouette of an old train station slightly behind us. It held a cracked, weathered sign bearing characters in a language I couldn't read. “That's why they want us to stay inside,” I muttered.

Yu moved to the other seat and cleared his own area of the window to see, peered into the darkness until the lightning could aid him, then slowly returned his attention to his companions. He may not be able to feel fear, but he could recognize a dangerous situation when he was in one, and that sign was in a language he could read. “You said trains don't stop there...but I think we just did.”

----------
Thank you for taking the time to read it. I appreciate you. ^_^ I hope you're enjoying my story and the characters.

Here's the full chapter list so far, so you can easily find your way back.
Part 1: The Train
Part 2: The Invaders
Part 3: The Keeper of Aika
Part 4: The Joker Mask
Part 5: Our Lost Word
Part 6: Behind the Fog
Part 7: Go Ask Alice
Part 8: The Best Laid Plans
Part 9: Green Releases What's Trapped
Part 10: The Ocean Deep
Part 11: Alice's Hatter
Part 12: Lifeline
Part 13: A Silk Rose Garden
Part 14: The Nightmare of Aika
Part 15: Emerson's Revenge
Part 16: Return to Zero
Part 17: The Thread Between Us
Part 18: The Price of Knowledge
Epilogue: A New Leaf
Taki Mel Cecelia kenshin bad drawing begininng.jpg
To the creator of Aika Village: I bow to you in humble thanks. Credit for the village stays with you. Thank you for allowing fans the freedom of interpretation for the meaning behind your town. My sincerest and deepest thanks. If you find this, I hope you can enjoy this adventure. Thank you.
Aika Village dream code (as of 11/24/2017) - 2D00-002A-49A0

If you want to visit my town, I've saved it in early Nov. during a rainy 8am morning. I love the rain, and 8am is my favorite music next to 11pm. (Dream code: 5D00-0065-E2B6 )

Attachments

• Taki Mel Cecelia kenshin bad drawing.jpg
    Taki Mel Cecelia kenshin bad drawing.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Chapter 3 is up. "The Keeper of Aika." <---*whispers: click it*

Summary: The four unluckiest humans in the world meet the wolf in charge of the village. Things become tense, and that leads to an escape into the heart of Aika Village.

Last edited:
OK, guys!! AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION TIME!

Want to have your character, or a tidbit about your town mentioned in the ACNL story "The Nightmare of Aika?" Post in the comments with your character's name/the thing you want mentioned and a reason (can be short or long), and I'll choose a winner on Saturday morning. The one that gets the most likes (or the one I like the most, if no one votes that way) wins! I'll contact the winner via PM to get more details so they'll be happy, and I'll post the URL to their website in the chapter notes. :D

(main characters are already in play, so this would be a cameo.)

Aaaaannnnnd..... Go!

Chapter 5 is up! "Our Lost Word." <--click me.

Summary: Mel and Taki run into trouble at the police station when a broken human reveals a dangerous lost human word among the truth of her crimes, and the feared peace-keeper of Aika Village emerges from the shadows.
(I also promised my readers tentacles. NO, not like that.)

Warning: This chapter contains descriptions that might disturb some viewers. Please proceed knowing your imagination may take it to a much darker place. (This is a horror story, after all.)

Last edited:
Character name change update:

By popular vote, Charles' name was changed to "Taki." Thank you everyone for voting. :D

note:
"Taki Kaname" is the main character in an original novel I'm currently writing where he's the protag who can see yokai and has a tiny fox demon named Tama as a pet. It's cute.)

He gets some character development in the next chapter, and a little about his life is revealed through a creepy crawly means.

Last edited:
CHAPTER 6: Behind the Fog <---click me

Summary: Mel and Taki remain trapped in the house-turned-cage. Their moment of respite breaks into a creepy crawly terror that awakens a memory hidden away within Taki's mind.

((I hope you're enjoying it so far. It took me an entire weekend (daybreak - midnight Sat & Sun.) to write this. I was so mentally exhausted, but I know it's worth it if you're entertained. Thank you to all my readers. :) I really appreciate you. You guys are the best. :D ))

I just read that Dr Shrunk theory and dang that's deep lmao

Glad you liked it. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Chapter 7 is up! "Go Ask Alice" And here on AO3 for those who prefer that format. :)

Summary: A maze of bookshelves, a predator in the darkness, and a cryptic note left by "Alice" hiding something from her "Hatter." Taki is no longer alone in remembering. The house of horrors draws out more questions surrounding the mysteries of Aika Village.

Last edited:
CHAPTER 8: The Best Laid Plans <-----you made it this far.

Summary: Yu faces Joker Mask as a distraction so his friends can rescue Cecelia, but finds he walked into a carefully planned trap set years before they'd arrived.

((Thank you for liking this story, and for reading it. I hope you guys are entertained, and wondering what's going to happen next.))

Last edited:
Animal Crossing ACNL: The Nightmare of Aika.
Chapter 10: The Ocean Deep.

Summary: Taki finds a body beneath the waves, but comes too close to joining it.
--------

Excerpt from Taki’s POV:

The water exploded around me. All sounds of the storm muffled beneath the surface and plunged me into a cocoon of oscillating silence. I'd hit hard enough that the impact ripped at my nerves. The cold speared through my clothes, skin, muscles, straight to my bones. I managed to hold in my breath long enough to breach the waves.

A cacophony of sound slammed into my ears. I gasped and flailed for my life, sucking in greedy gulps of air. The sharp crests crashed over my head, forcing salty water into my mouth. I coughed. “Help!” My palms slapped the surface as if I could climb out. Lightning strobed over me, igniting the ocean in hues of cadaver purple. My legs kicked, but my entire body lost all coordination, like the parts of me had forgotten how to speak to each other. “Help!”

Last edited:
It took 2 1/2 weeks of wracking my brain, reworking, tossing it out, and writing again to finally finish the next chapter.
Chapter 11: Alice's Hatter

Summary: Emerson answers questions, but won't take 'no' for an answer. Mother nature intervenes.

Last edited:
Chapter 12: Lifeline

Chapter 12 took a while to write. Here it is. Chapter 12: Lifeline

Summary: Mel and Yu are caught in the maelstrom of wild emotions. Taki and Cecelia use a gift humans don't think twice about to save the sanity of their friends.

*excerpt from Chapter 12*
?He's after me and not you.? She gripped the doll tightly.

?Cecelia,? Mel gasped. ?You can't.?

?If I do, then you guys can get out of here and go to Hana Valley. Yu and Mel need Dr. Shrunk. Nobody here needs me.? She lowered her arms, but kept a firm grip on the limp doll.

?That's a lie.? I gestured to Yu. ?You're the only one keeping him on his feet. Take what you told me and apply it to yourself.?

?But...but I don't want you guys to get hurt anymore.?

Yu releafed the ax, returned it to his pocket, and shuffled across the dirt to stand over the small girl. He'd picked up something subtle from her ?a sense of loneliness the rest of us heard, but he felt. Without wasting a beat, he pulled her into a hug.

She fought back. ?Let me go, Yu! Let me do this!?

?No.? His reply rang with absolute law as he held on. ?I don't understand what's going on with you, or why you can't let go of that doll, but you're fighting a battle we can't see. You're suffering. And I'm not going to leave you alone to fend for yourself. Because of you, I can think straight. It's true that I do need you, but more than that, you're my friend. Friends don't abandon each other. I don't care if you are Aika, Alice, or Cecelia. I am not leaving this town without you.?
-------------------------------------

And just because I want your life to be easy, here are links to every chapter so far!

((comments are love. <3 ))

Part 1: The Train
Part 2: The Invaders
Part 3: The Keeper of Aika
Part 4: The Joker Mask
Part 5: Our Lost Word
Part 6: Behind the Fog
Part 7: Go Ask Alice
Part 8: The Best Laid Plans
Part 9: Green Releases What's Trapped
Part 10: The Ocean Deep
Part 11: Alice's Hatter
Part 12: Lifeline
Part 13: TBD

Last edited:
Shameless ask:
Could I please ask someone to review this? It's been up --technically--since August 2016, but up on Deviantart since spring, and no one's commented on it yet. I have 2 people who favorited it. If you're one of those two people, I LOVE YOU!!!!! ^_^
I put this down for a few months to write all the Pokemon GO stuff, "Spark's Video," and all the other pieces on FF net, AO3, and Wattpad, but I never forgot about this. It had too much potential to be a good story.

I still appreciate you so much, my readers. thank you for loving this story in your own way. It feels good knowing I'm creating something people enjoy.

Last edited:
If you're still keeping up with this story, then thank you! You're amazing, and fantastic. :)

Chapter 13 went up on Sunday, but I took on a second job, and totally forgot to update here. Sorry!

Chapter 13: A Silk Rose Garden

Summary: They reach the end of the private beach only to find it's the end of their line. At the end of that line is a garden box holding the buried memories of a girl who drowned. Aika returns.

Last edited:
Oh, my gosh, I am so behind!!
Well, I'll update you all at once. :) Please find the links below for Chapters 14, 15, 16, AND 17. :)

Chapter 14: The Nightmare of Aika -- Summary: Aika reveals her story

Chapter 15: Emerson's Revenge -- Summary: They're not out of the woods yet. Emerson twists the truth in an act of revenge.

Chapter 16: Return to Zero -- Summary: The battle for their lives reaches a breaking point. Nothing is more dangerous than a man with nothing left to lose.

Chapter 17: The Thread Between Us -- Summary: Hana Valley offers its peace to the weary survivors, but recovery will take time. Mel finds out she's been linked to Taki, and Taki learns the consequences of locking the thread as severely as he did.

We're coming up on the end of this adventure, guys.
Chapter 18: The Price of Knowledge

Summary: Taki severs his link to Mel so she can undergo Reset treatment. He then confronts Dr. Shrunk about the mysterious blue potion, but is not prepared for the answers that follow.

Last edited:
Well, guys here it is. We've reached THE FINAL CHAPTER. It's time to say "The End" to the adventure of Taki, Mel, Cecelia, and Kenshin.

Epilogue: A New Leaf

Thank you for joining me on this journey. It's been an amazing year bringing this tale to life. I hope you've enjoyed it, and that it brought you into 1 interpretation of Aika Village and the Animal Crossing world.

Here's Chapter 1: The Train if you want to start this tale all over again.

Thanks to the knowledge you have now, you'll see things the second time through that you missed on the first.
Remember to comment, like, and as always, keep writing. :) Byeee!

Last edited:
Back