• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Windows vs Mac vs Linux

Which one do YOU prefer?

• Total voters

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
I'm currently using Ubuntu right now (my mom let me dual boot her Dell Latitude with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 17.04), although I actually haven't had much experience with Linux, even though I used it some back in 2010 and 2011 as my dad is a software engineer and uses it heavily. I primarily used Windows at that time though (which was the only operating system I had used before 2010) although I did also start using Macs some because my teacher got one that she let me use on occasion during that school year. Eventually, in 2014, when I started my freshman year of high school, I was provided one, but I had to return it to my school about a week and half ago because the contract with Apple was only set to last three years, although I will be getting another MacBook Air next month. Anyways, of the three, what's your personal preference? I honestly don't have one, as I'll use any of the three, but Windows 10 has been really slow on this laptop as of late (and, no, the dual boot had nothing to do with this, as it was already slow before this, although this laptop originally ran Windows 7) and Ubuntu seems to have better performance.

I can't vote for the poll because I like them for different things. I have a Mac laptop for everyday life and school assignments and a gaming laptop (Asus) that has loads of memory, is great for gaming, great with graphic design, and other techy stuff.

I can't vote for the poll because I like them for different things. I have a Mac laptop for everyday life and school assignments and a gaming laptop (Asus) that has loads of memory, is great for gaming, great with graphic design, and other techy stuff.

Yeah, I'm not voting either for that reason, although I won't lie, Windows has let me down recently.

Idk if my gaming laptop brand is windows XD I don't like "normal" windows laptops though, hence my on-the-go Mac laptop

Last edited:
Windows. I hate anything Apple related and have really no idea about Linux.

Windows is much better than the other two. :)

Currently running Ubuntu MATE 16.04 x64. There are so many things I can't stand about Windows such as the huge price tag, constant weekly forced updates that take an age to install, poor performance, unreliability, high malware risk, lower percentage of available software being open source and Windows 10 sending identifiable information to Microsoft that can't be disabled.

windows. easy to work with, you can use it for other things than daily life and internet stuff, not extra expensive because of an apple logo and im used to it. macs are imo not as much of a computer like computers running windows are. ive only had one mac computer and it was a laptop so maybe it is a bit unfair to compare it to my windows running computer but imo it felt like a computer made for surfing the internet :/

linux has always seemed sketchy to me for some reason. i like windows

I hate Apple as a company so definitely won't ever vote Mac. I use Windows but I don't really like Microsoft either so I dunno. Been considering Linux but getting programs to work with it can be annoying.

I use Windows/Ubuntu on my PC right now, and I use Redhat at work.

I use Ubuntu now since Windows on my laptop crashed and failed to boot up again.

If computer gaming was more supported for it, I would probably have a Mac. I used to love Windows until 8 came around. Being the one with more tech experience in my house, I have always had to fix one thing or another that Windows Updates have broken on my mom's computer. At this point, I am almost considering building a Hackintosh or downgrading to 7...

Back