Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So Ankha just referred to Mira as a he/him. I'm kind of annoyed that this mistake exists :( I get very frustrated with typos and errors, etc in games/books. Does this bother anyone else? Every time I run into a mistake when reading something, it really just puts me off.

It's not a typo. It's a common trait among certain villagers to refer to Uchis as he/him attributing to their tomboyish nature. Mira used to get that a lot in my older town. :p

Yes, it definitely annoys me, too. I see spelling errors frequently. I think spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc, errors should be very rare in literature. Someone didn't do their job of proofreading properly. And the people who hired him/her should have been more discerning! Hire someone who knows how to spell, for crying out loud!

No, I'm not being sarcastic here, I really mean it. I've often thought I should have been a proofreader. But then I think what a boring, tedious job THAT must be. You wouldn't even know what you were reading if you had to pay attention to the punctuation!

Good proofreaders should get paid a lot for the knowledge and skills they have, but they probably don't. My brain is worth at least as much as a psychiatrist or a lawyer makes, you know?

That's all I have to say about that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's not a typo. It's a common trait among certain villagers to refer to Uchis as he/him attributing to their tomboyish nature. Mira used to get that a lot in my older town. :p

Well, that's even worse! That means some of our villagers are demeaning females who don't dress in frills and talk in high voices and mince around and giggle! Good grief!

Last edited:

What a very odd reason... I still really don't like it! Mistakes are even worse when they're on purpose.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, it definitely annoys me, too. I see spelling errors frequently. I think spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc, errors should be very rare in literature. Someone didn't do their job of proofreading properly. And the people who hired him/her should have been more discerning! Hire someone who knows how to spell, for crying out loud!

No, I'm not being sarcastic here, I really mean it. I've often thought I should have been a proofreader. But then I think what a boring, tedious job THAT must be. You wouldn't even know what you were reading if you had to pay attention to the punctuation!

Good proofreaders should get paid a lot for the knowledge and skills they have, but they probably don't. My brain is worth at least as much as a psychiatrist or a lawyer makes, you know?

That's all I have to say about that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, that's even worse! That means some of our villagers are demeaning females who don't dress in frills and talk in high voices and mince around and giggle! Good grief!

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed at these kinds of things. I feel as though literature gets ruined for me once I happen upon a mistake. It's the same with text or speech in games. Even in movies if they mispronounce a word.. The final product should be properly edited/proofread before publication.

Yeah I get annoyed too with it. Probably has to do with the fact that I am writer and grammar mistakes and misspellings irritate me in books and games. That whole calling Mira a he just because she is a tomboy is annoying too. Yes she may be a tomboy but she still is a girl regardless. That is implying that girls have to be "feminine" to be called a "she"

That's actually kind of sexist imo...being a tomboy does not make you a man or necessarily mean you want to be called a man. Unless the person actually wants to be called a male, then we shouldn't be calling hers--> hims.

Last edited:
While I do notice this, it doesn't bother me as much a a single character being referred to as they or them.

Last edited:
I mean it literally does not affect me in any way at all, so I don't pay attention to it.

Honestly spelling annoys me more than anything when it comes to grammar, but I don't mind typos here and there as long as they're funny or something you can make a joke out of. With games like ACNL, I pretty much know their dialogue by heart, so that typo doesn't faze me as much as it used to. Infact I think it could've been intentional, since Nintendo did take their sweet time localizing the game. It's usually just something I look past and don't dwell on too much especially in books, as i'm more focused on finishing the book for what it is, rather than looking at the errors that it has.

Honestly spelling annoys me more than anything when it comes to grammar, but I don't mind typos here and there as long as they're funny or something you can make a joke out of. With games like ACNL, I pretty much know their dialogue by heart, so that typo doesn't faze me as much as it used to. Infact I think it could've been intentional, since Nintendo did take their sweet time localizing the game. It's usually just something I look past and don't dwell on too much especially in books, as i'm more focused on finishing the book for what it is, rather than looking at the errors that it has.

That's a good attitude to have, and, of course, this is just a fun place to rant a little about our pet peeves, right?

Back