• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What about Kangaroos?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Apple 🍎
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey there!
I was thinking the other day about Kangaroos in ACNL. Let's be honest, is like have two Villagers considering the little Baby coming along with he (except for the Male ones).

Anyway, do you like Kangaroos in AC?

I think Carrie is probably my favorite kangaroo, design wise. However, I will never let her in my town because she shares my MIL's name. :p Rooney looks good too, but there are way too many cuter cranky types.

i LOVE kangaroos!!!! my first friend in acnl was a kangaroo named marcie. i've had 3 kangaroos in my town (marcie, rooney and sylvia) and i've loved them all!!!

Yes, I do like the kangaroos. Mathilda is one of my favorites. I haven't had her in New Leaf, but she was a good friend in my Wild World town before she moved out. Astrid is nice too. I have always liked her. Really, all the kangaroos look cool to me, except for maybe Sylvia but she isn't the worst.

I mostly just like the male ones. I don't really like the female ones because the joeys freak me out

The joeys freak me out since they look exactly the same as their mom. If they looked unique and even had their own expressions/personality, I would have been fine with them. However, since they just mimic everything mommy does, I just dislike them. But I think Walt is really cool :)

I only like Rooney... the Female Kangaroos are weird and their Joey makes it even weirder. :/

Rooney is the only one I like. Walt is alright, but the eyebrow eyes are kind of weird. I don't like the female kangaroos because their joeys having the same emotions of them really weird me out. If I had to pick a least favorite kangaroo it would definitely be Mathilda. I don't know, she just seems really odd.

I just had Kitt move into my town. Love her. Remember first seeing her at a friends town in Wild World. It was love at first sight. :)

I've had female kangaroos in acww, accf & now in acnl - I don't like them much, I think cos of the baby (which always mimics its mothers expression).
Have Kitt in one town and Sylvia (uchi) in another. Sylvia I will push out with a card, but it will have to be another uchi, so I have an uchi in the town. (want for PWP requests).
They have never been very friendly, maybe cos I've never warmed to them at all.

Male kangaroos - no idea , never seen, shrug, maybe.

Kangeroos are alright, I have a negative reaction to them like most whenever they have one move into their town. I think they're interesting. Only two of them have designs that i'm actually fond of but I don't hate the character models at all. I think it's rather cute that they have a mini-me although a lot of people call it creepy, I just think it's really cool technically having two villagers for the price of one. I have Marcie in my town, and i'm in no hurry to move her out even though she'll be going eventually (since i'm deleting my town but waiting for the tree to grow first.)

I love the kangaroos. They're awesome. Walt is my favorite.

Lots of users don't like the babies of Female Kangaroos.

Last edited:
I think they're adorable! I actually learned that a baby kangaroo is called "joey" thanks to animal crossing x)
Never met one in the game, but on Happy Home Designer I made homes for a few female kangaroos and I love that they're motherly~ also, the babys are so small and cute! :)

i don't like them and i don't like how their babies are identical to them. it's weird

I really like Walt. He's probably my favorite of the kangaroos, and he's one of the originals still left in my town. He's cranky, he's nice to talk to, and I like his design.

Back