I HATE the approval rating, but ideas on town names?

I hate the rating thing too lol. How about Bloom for a town name?

Maybe Blossom for the town name. It really fits the theme for the flowers. As for the aproval rating, it really does get annoying when you first start, but usually don't reccomend doing it all in one day. The reason for that is I think Nintendo made it to where you can only do so much villager favors in one day until they just stop asking for favors. After you change the town tune once, you don't get anymore approval points. Same goes for, changing the town flag, and writing something on the bulletin board. So if you just pace it out, then you'll get the 100% aproval rating in no time!

It usually takes 2 days minimum for the approval rating to reach 100%. with several towns I've usually done it in 2 days, but it can take 3 - you get points just for being on a new day, so if you are around 80% at the end of the 2nd day you can get it very easily on the 3rd day.
As said, I would pace it out and not bother with it after you have done what you can for the day. The game is a slow starter.

Names for towns? Well I tend to pick places or something that has good memories for me - so my town names are very personal to me.
If I knew what theme I wanted up front, then I would try for a name that fitted the theme - eg a forest town or one based on a particular fruit (look at the variety names for that fruit).
You can google for a random town name generator - they sometimes come up with good ones (there are some for animal crossing specifically).

Character names - follows on from the town name - or I call them after the cats and dogs I've known & loved.

I know what you mean, it took me 4 days tops to get the approval rating for my most recent town. To answer your question on town names though, here are a few that you might like:

Timber
Petal
Mushroom
Solstice

That's all I could think of at the moment, but I may think of some later. :)

Last edited:
Back