• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

To people with multiple towns.

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
Is it true that I really have to fork out another $60 (AUD) just for the privilege of a second town? I've seen a couple of players here with like 4 towns. Did you actually pay for 4 copies?

I'm so tempted to have another town, but (if the above is true) I don't want to submit to Nintendo's greed. I don't know what would be worse out of this or the Badge Arcade. :/

My husbands game is a physical copy while mine is digital. Would using his cartridge in another DS show a blank memory or will his town show up on it regardless of the DS used?

If my guess is right, I'll wait at least until AC:NL is on sale. Can't believe it's still the same price as when it was released 5 years ago.

Is acnl that expensive in Australia?? In the us a second copy costs about $15 new. Even less used

Have you considered buying it online? I did so and paid 80 brazilian reais, and the release price was 150. It's crazy that it would cost the same after 4 years.

Is acnl that expensive in Australia?? In the us a second copy costs about $15 new. Even less used

Well I've only checked the estore, but yeah it's always been $60. I'm guessing our game stores are no better either.

I actually ended up with four copies of ACNL but I did a LOOOT of giveaways, cycling, etc, back in the day, and also got my copies used off eBay so I didn't pay full price for them. Then Powersaves came out, which allows you to have multiple towns on one cartridge assuming you save each town regularly.

I have 3 towns. I am in the US. I got them all over several months last year at $20 each I think.

Last edited:

well, australian dollars are worth more than american ones. $60 aud is $44.30 usd, i think. it's still pretty expensive though.

I actually ended up with four copies of ACNL but I did a LOOOT of giveaways, cycling, etc, back in the day, and also got my copies used off eBay so I didn't pay full price for them. Then Powersaves came out, which allows you to have multiple towns on one cartridge assuming you save each town regularly.

What is powersave exactly? Never heard of it.

what is Powersaves? Thanks.

Powersaves is a device you can use, it's almost like a card reader you plug into your computer via USB, and it has a slot you stick your cartridge into. It allows you to save the game/town on the cartridge to your PC, and allows you to put saves from your PC onto the cartridge. So you can, in effect, save one town to your PC, then load the cartridge, delete first town, and make a second and play that one. You just have to make sure you save the most recent copy of each town to your PC as you play, and especially when you switch between towns / load a new town onto the cartridge, so you don't lose your progress anywhere. But otherwise it lets you copy and load saves as much as you want. It also lets you spawn items into your character's inventory, I think a few at a time.

datel_action_replayy_powersaves_1_xl.jpg

Yeah power save I'm pretty sure counts as hacking and we're not allowed to discuss how to hack on here...

- - - Post Merge - - -

well, australian dollars are worth more than american ones. $60 aud is $44.30 usd, i think. it's still pretty expensive though.

Still, that's almost 3 times what it costs in the us

I am so sorry to hear of the current AUS prices.

Is New Leaf a "Nintendo Selects" title there? They are considered "classics" here in NA and offer a lower price than the original release retail price.

I have multiple towns from taking advantage of a deal 2 summers ago where they had sales on games. With summer and E3 coming perhaps there will be a sale in your area.

Here in the US most deals start on Sunday. Perhaps AUS is the same.

Also - any used game stores near you? Used copies on eBay?

Wishing you multiple towns at bargain prices!

Well I've only checked the estore, but yeah it's always been $60. I'm guessing our game stores are no better either.

If you've only checked the estore that might be why you're seeing that price, Nintendo never seems to mark down the cost of digital games. The physical version has slowly dropped here -- it was $25 for a while and now that it's a Nintendo Select it's usually $15 brand new.

I know that Aus versions of things can be tough though. I would try used, or look online -- can you play games from any other country or is Aus stuck in it's own region?

If you've only checked the estore that might be why you're seeing that price, Nintendo never seems to mark down the cost of digital games. The physical version has slowly dropped here -- it was $25 for a while and now that it's a Nintendo Select it's usually $15 brand new.

I know that Aus versions of things can be tough though. I would try used, or look online -- can you play games from any other country or is Aus stuck in it's own region?

I did end up checking our stores and eBay - the best I can find is $45 AUD even for used copies. That's fairer, but still in my opinion not worth it simply for the purpose of unlocking another save file. I'll wait on a sale I think, as others have.

Yeah, games in Australia are notoriously overpriced. I mean it's debated a little bit but coming from the U.K. they've always seemed overpriced to me. It's not uncommon for my husband to be looking at $100+ AUD for a single game on PS4. He too always prefers to wait on sales. In the physical stores, it's even worse. EB Games are infamously scandalous.

I don't know why they haven't lowered the price by now. The game has been out for almost 4 years. In America, it is lowered down to like 15 dollars. I wouldn't buy another copy if I had to pay another 60 dollars for it.

Back