• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Buying amiibos online

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tips to buying amiibo cards online? I am thinking about getting some but haven't decided yet.

I have only had EREADER cards that I no longer have... they cost 1$ a pack when I bought them

whats a good price to pay??? I see different prices in the store and online...

It depends if you want to buy a random pack or the individual cards. Most random packs with 6 cards cost about $5 or $6 each from what I've seen. For individual cards, prices are ridiculous. You can get an unpopular villager for pretty cheap, but when it comes to the villagers everyone wants, every seller is a scalper. I paid $5 on eBay for just my Diana card, and that's actually considered a good deal. I've seen Julian with a $50 price tag and Lolly with a $20 price tag. It's insane. I managed to scoop up Marshal, Merengue, and Ankha's cards for $2 each before the update hit. Their prices have skyrocketed. Be careful if you want to buy individual cards!

I see some for 1 dollar each, which is really good! Then I see the "cuter" characters and those are going for 5-30 each! Wow.....

I buy mine on Toys R Us. I think their prices are fair and I get free shipping mostly so it's a good place for me, I've bought Amiibos there as well with no problems.

I'd say off the Nintendo store. Although sometimes its cheaper through other retailers.

In second hand stores like CEX they overcharge a crazy amount for some, however they can sell others really cheaply. Un-boxed of course. I brought a digby amiibo figure from there, for ?2.50 good condition no damage.

(This was in-store by the way. Online they'd charge for the postage and packaging)

Last edited:
Would recommend online stores like Etsy to buy the cards. I feel a good price is $1-$8 per card.

If you're are looking for Sanrio Cards, that's a Good Place to buy them. (etsy)

Last edited:
I buy off ebay, and got all the frogs I wanted at about 2 dollars each, except henry, who was 4 whole bucks. Worth it for me ^^

I've actually manage to find cards at toys-are-us at retail alone with a generous selection of amiibo ( which I then bought a nice Splatoon 1 inkling )

For cards that seems to be a bit luck but yeah they are region free so if you don't mind JP ones they shouldn't be too bad unless you need WA/Sanrio ones... but it seems you got stores there. Think there might be Japanese store still selling regular ones though.

As for amiibos amiami is good and not too expensive :3

Last edited:
Back