I figured out what my town theme is, and i need some suggestions

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I inadvertently made my town theme around the color red: my house is red, my path is brick red, I have a lot of red flowers, I have red hibiscus bushes and my flag is red.

Any suggestions on what else I can do that has something to do with red?

Last edited:
I highly suggest you don't overdo it, maybe contrast the red with white, black and/or pink... basically with whatever color pleases your eyes, but I don't recommend overdoing it. Chair sculpture, brick bridge because it has red undertones, flower bed because red undertones, tower. Those are my red public works project suggestions. Maybe the totem pole because it has red on its wings. I would recommend spreading these public works projects out around town instead of clumping them together. Unless that's the style you're going for. And maybe you could do a water pump in a field of red roses or tulips. :)

Great color combinations:

- Red and orange - looks best in fall
- Red and white - cheerful, works in multiple seasons
- Red and black - bold, deep, classy - works in multiple seasons

I haven't seen a red town that isn't Christmas-y so it's exciting what you have planned!

- Red hibiscus is a must! Holly looks nice too especially in March when the red berries bloom

(And red is abundant in AC flowers - inexpensive yet pretty lol)

Make a firehouse with red as an alt maybe.
I'd add a bonfire and log bench. The character standee thing has red I believe. Oh stop light and firehydrant. Make it modern maybe.

Red villagers! Like Caroline, Cherry, Ketchup, Lucha, Octavian, Rasher, Apple (she's more pink but I think she'd fit the theme well!)

Thank you guys for the suggestions! I'm getting so inspired. Oh and I'm going to put red fruit trees (apples, cherries, and mangos)
Oh and I like the color combinations idea. How about red and yellow? (I like the red and black and red and white ideas too) and I could put yellow fruit like lemons and durians. Yeah, I don't want to overwhelm my town with one color. How boring amiright?

Never thought of getting red villagers. Hmm.....

A red, yellow, black and white town!

Last edited:
You might consider making your town a fall themed town, since the grass and trees will be reddish, and you can cover your beaches in red flowers, too. Mine are covered in orange pansies and gold roses, and I really like the way it looks. Orange pansies and red carnations look really good together, too. The brick bridge would probably be the best bridge pwp and you can build red/ orange pwps like the tower, lighthouse, wind turbine (has red stripes on it) and zen bench.

Maybe you could go with red villagers? I would choose some different species and don't place the villager's houses right to next other to let it look more natural.

Thank you guys for the suggestions! I'm getting so inspired. Oh and I'm going to put red fruit trees (apples, cherries, and mangos)
Oh and I like the color combinations idea. How about red and yellow? (I like the red and black and red and white ideas too) and I could put yellow fruit like lemons and durians. Yeah, I don't want to overwhelm my town with one color. How boring amiright?

Never thought of getting red villagers. Hmm.....

A red, yellow, black and white town!

Don't forget lychees! They look amazing in the fall :)

Great ideas, my only provisio is that the game has a lot of different shades of red - and some of them don't go well together (well I don't think they do).
Red lilies don't go well with red roses - totally different shade of red.
So I would check that aspect with everything you are going to add flower, tree & PWP wise.
Villagers - don't think it matters there, any you can get.

I have one town with red, black, orange and purple roses - that looks very rich and breaks up the red a bit.

Last edited:
I think black roses would work well with red roses as they have sort of a reddish tint to them! For PWPs you could use some natural/brown looking ones as there aren't too many red PWPs and they'd go contrast nicely if you decide to decorate with red flowers. You could use the flower bed, and that sort of brown gate thing? i'm not sure what it's called but you can put flowers in it too and the log bench? also the brick bridge because it has a reddish tint to it!

Back