7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
I'm sure that many of you here have heard about the worldwide cyber attacks that have been recently taking place, and that have affected numerous things, particularly the NHS in the UK. It only targets Windows.
What are your thoughts on this? Microsoft apparently updated most of its software against this in March, but attacks are still nevertheless taking place, particularly as not all software has been updated. What measures have you taken against this?

I'm actually really disgusted by how it has affected the NHS.

ITV News stated a couple of hours ago that the "unknown perpetrators" said they wanted them to "pay up" if they wanted any of their data back. If they failed to, it would all be deleted.

Disgusting. Why would anyone target hospitals?

ITV News stated a couple of hours ago that the "unknown perpetrators" said they wanted them to "pay up" if they wanted any of their data back. If they failed to, it would all be deleted.

Because their greedy, slimy, disgusting cretins. That's why.

I am absolutely disgusted by these people, they need to be identified asap and punished accordingly.

God, I hate people so god damn much.

Last edited:

My sister needed emergency medical care yesterday (wasn't aware myself till much later because I was at work) and ended up undergoing a serious emergency operation.

My parents struggled getting in touch with the hospital due to the attacks and struggled to get her there themselves, when she eventually got there and they discovered it was 'serious' it took them longer to get in touch with another hospital and transfer her (again, because of that) because they lacked the facilities in that one, by the time she got there it had apparently taken so long due to the attacks slowing the whole process down that it had gotten 'much worse', to put it lightly.

She's "fine" now (as in 'not dead') , but you've got to be a twisted **** to target hospitals. The person(s) behind it need throwing in a hole to rot. I don't want my taxes funding 'fancy cells' or food for a creature capable of that.

On a lighter note, before they knew how serious the situation was, my grandad told my sister the cardboard disposable potties at hospitals were hats.

Last edited:
This is going to be the new weapon of choice for not only criminals (as that's been happening for a while now) but also political conflict. We're getting to a point where so many things are connected to the Internet of Things that almost everyone is vulnerable, and attackers can do harm in much more dangerous ways than they were able to before. Instead of stealing physical copies of confidential information, why not just hack your way into the company or organization's databases and steal it from there? Not only is it not physically risky, but cybersecurity is still something that is very immature in its inception, making digital documents much more vulnerable than physical ones are and possibly ever will be.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to get used to these. It's only going to get worse from here.

Last edited:
ah the world in 2017. well we cant do anything anymore without getting hacked or our private information leaked revealed or tampered with.

for money. of ****ing course

This type of stuff is why I never put private information online. People can hack into even the best secured company's servers. It sucks people have to be like this though. So sucks. :c

Or use what you feel what is online. People suck but you can still be yourself. I'm drunk but you can use once what you ever was what you was was, if ya gety me if you get whatcha once whatcha getcha.

Did you guys hear how they did it? Someone (or a group of people) somehow managed to steal some kind of superb hacking device from the NSA and used that.

I fail to understand how anyone could exactly steal it, but whatever.

Why would anyone target hospitals?

They didn't. It affected systems worldwide. The NHS just have poor security, but only 1/5 hospitals were affected.

Note that there is one occurrence of visual profanity in this video. Oh no. Don't ban me pl0x.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and to keep in line with rule 1d II, that video simply demonstrates the ransomware and does not provide a download link etc. Since the failsafe domain has been reigstered, it won't even spread anymore.

There will always be people out to attack any security flaw, online or IRL doesn't matter.
It's a constant tug of war where better security is implemented, then they find a way around it, and the cycle continues, it will never end.
And it have always been like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back