• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How long has it been since you played New Leaf?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
Okay, I know I'm not the only one who has gone a lengthy period of time without playing Animal Crossing. It's like one of those things where you're super addicted to it for like 3 months then you go 3 months without even thinking about playing it. Well I'm definitely stepping over that line right now.

According to my activity log, I last played New Leaf on March 20th, which was 52 days ago. Wow, I hope my town hasn't been destroyed yet lol. I haven't played it recently mostly because I've been so caught up with schoolwork. Luckily my last day of school is May 17th, so after that I will have more time to play. I haven't played it partly for the simple fact that I... well... I got kind of burnt out on it.

I'm sure a lot of you have played New Leaf in the last 2 days, but I'm wondering how long others (like myself) have gone without playing. Wondering if their villager are worried yet...:rolleyes:

I've gone a full 1.3 years without playing. XD

I went without playing for a year before I started back up about a month ago

Probably a year at some point, but I usually play it whenever I can.

Last edited:
About the beginning of February of this year. I've just been super busy thanks to IRL things, like moving. I hope to get back into the game soon. There's still tons of post-update items I need.

It's been a few months. But I remember the day I stopped playing so I'll change the date back before I load my save.

It's been a few months. But I remember the day I stopped playing so I'll change the date back before I load my save.

That's what I usually do. I stopped playing March 20th, so I'll just set it back to that date and TT to work my way up to the current date.

I think I took a break for almost a year. I moved to a different country, got a new job and had personal stuff to deal with as well so I didn't have much time to play. Plus, I'm very careful about the date because I don't want any of my villagers to move out so that was also a big part of why I stopped playing. I didn't want any accidents. I recently got back into it because my life is a bit more settled and I finished Pokemon Moon. I'm trying to play as much as possible before I get busy again. This coming weekend will be the last weekend I stay home for a long time.

Probably 2-3 years? The 3DS I last played it on needs a new battery and I can't check the date anymore... I lost mood due to knowing how much I need to clean up the town (I left items everywhere) plus my mail storage got full. Also, I really didn't like spending each day checking if anyone was trying to move out. I stopped playing on a day that I told someone to not move, so at least I know I'm not going to lose anyone when I finally get the mood back to play. (Surprisingly, the update didn't bring my mood back)
Since then, I've played Happy Home Designer (Getting to see every villager and not having to worry about move outs is great for me) and City Folk. (I told myself not to get upset if anyone moves out in this game) I got City Folk last fall, which is pretty late. I'm already seeing myself taking a break from it too...

It's been a few weeks or so for me :)

But since HHD came out I've been playing that a lot more.

idk? maybe after november 2016 i stopped playing . damn sun and moon lol

Last edited:
I last played it yesterday but I can often go months without playing the game. I probably went a year or not far off at one point too before the welcome amiibo update.

November/December of last year? That was after a long hiatus since like 2013 lol.

I started when it was first released. I've taken lots of breaks, but the longest has only been a couple of weeks. Last I played was yesterday.

I haven't played ACNL in over 30 minutes.

But I did take long breaks from it before. Happy Home Designer and Pokemon Sun & Moon took my attention away from it.

Back