I lost some good sleep last night over this sad story

I saw this on facebook today and I made me really sad, I hope she gets a loving family that has the time to spend with her. When I get an at home job I am going to get so many animals. I can't stand sad animals and I'll probably end up fostering animals to save them from kill shelters until they find homes.

That is really sad. While I hope the people who originally adopted her had good intentions, unfortunately since she was returned after only a year I have to assume that, because she had gone viral on the internet, the people who adopted her were more looking for their 5 minutes of fame rather than actually wanting to give her a good home.

That is really sad. While I hope the people who originally adopted her had good intentions, unfortunately since she was returned after only a year I have to assume that, because she had gone viral on the internet, the people who adopted her were more looking for their 5 minutes of fame rather than actually wanting to give her a good home.

Definitely, I kind of hope they get put on blast because of it. I would never get an animal for that reason, you have to take an animal with the intention of taking care of it for it's life, or yours depending on the circumstances.

I am really proud to say, my only pet I have from a shelter is from a no kill one! Sadly that shelter has been closed down... It is really heartbreaking. Every time I look through the pictures of all the other sweet cats that left a mark on me I wonder if they're still alive or not... I hope this dog finds her forever home. It will break my heart to see her euthanized over something as simple as picking a different home could have prevented.

- - - Post Merge - - -

maybe it wasn't a well behaved inside dog? maybe they couldn't handle a high maintenance dog? but that's the road you go down when you go for shelter animals. not all of them are going to be trained, since a majority were abused they should have kept in mind that it might not be a perfect fit. they did say perfect fit for a home is on a farm

I my gosh. We adopted a dog like this. She's very timid, she had her tail cut off, and her given name, Pia, stands "pain in the a**". She looks/acts so much like that dog. She's been adopted and taken back so many times before we had her. She was bullied by all the dogs at the shelter, like they would all attack her and stuff. We took her back because the dog we already had attacked her too and she tried to run away. We had to call the shelter to help us find her. But my mom got really depressed and HAD to get her back within a week. She still is afraid of everyone and hides in a corner and cowers a most of the time, but she is really goofy, fun, and loving to the people she trusts. I love her. My dad is kind of a jerk to her, but I love her... my mom loves her... everybody who visits loves her even though she won't come up to them

- - - Post Merge - - -

She needed to be potty trained and stuff. She knew how, she was just too afraid to let us know she had to go for a while. It's not the easiest thing to raise an abused dog for sure.

Last edited:

Definitely, I kind of hope they get put on blast because of it. I would never get an animal for that reason, you have to take an animal with the intention of taking care of it for it's life, or yours depending on the circumstances.

that's a pretty big assumption and condemning them without knowing absolutely anything about their reasoning is pretty crazy. of all the applications i assume they gave her to one that they felt best suited her needs. really, do you not think the dog dubbed "saddest in the world" might be a bit difficult to care for? even regular dogs take a lot of patience. maybe they just bit off more than they could chew.

but anyways, seems she's already found another human: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4499880/Saddest-dog-world-finds-loving-new-family.html

Do not adopt animals at all if you're going to take them back because they are unresponsive to you.

If you want a dog that's going to instantly love you and wanna be with you all the time and not ever be an inconvenience to you, then don't get a pet at all ever.

I have been surrounded by animals my entire life, of all different kinds, and you can't give up on them ever. Obviously it's a different matter if they're extremely aggressive, but if you give them up because you get tired of them or they aren't what you expected them to be, do not get a pet at all.

that's a pretty big assumption and condemning them without knowing absolutely anything about their reasoning is pretty crazy. of all the applications i assume they gave her to one that they felt best suited her needs. really, do you not think the dog dubbed "saddest in the world" might be a bit difficult to care for? even regular dogs take a lot of patience. maybe they just bit off more than they could chew.

but anyways, seems she's already found another human: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4499880/Saddest-dog-world-finds-loving-new-family.html

They shouldn't have adopted her in the first place if they weren't willing to put in the work. Which just makes me assume it was for bragging rights.

Do not adopt animals at all if you're going to take them back because they are unresponsive to you.

If you want a dog that's going to instantly love you and wanna be with you all the time and not ever be an inconvenience to you, then don't get a pet at all ever.

I have been surrounded by animals my entire life, of all different kinds, and you can't give up on them ever. Obviously it's a different matter if they're extremely aggressive, but if you give them up because you get tired of them or they aren't what you expected them to be, do not get a pet at all.

Yeah, people that get pets just to have them as lap dogs or a personal petting zoo disgust me. Animals wants, needs and feelings too and if you can't understand or respect that you should just get a stuffed animal. :U

Back