• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo at E3 2017 discussion - June 13th to June 15th

And we're already seeing a number of salty Animal Crossing fans complaining that the series is absent on the presentation. Stop revolving your life around one franchise and try out more games! Who knows you might end up enjoying them.

Why? I love Animal Crossing more than any other Nintendo game. I've loved Pokemon for an even longer time, and I still love it because they release new content every other year or so. You can't ignore a franchise as big as AC. They need to keep it alive.

Holy crap guys they are going to announce AC eventually, chill out. It was a great direct and they announced a ton of awesome games

I've never been completely disappointed in any of Nintendo's E3, but this one just didn't do it for me. It was either games we already knew about or just ones that didn't hit it out of the park (Besides a new Metroid game). I feel like when they meant a "Big E3", they meant it for the aesthetics and all those special effects and not the actual games. Overall I was kind of disappointed. I'm glad they showcased a bit more of the Zelda DLC, Mario, Fire Emblem Warriors, and revealed a long-overdue Metroid game, but I was hoping for more new popular games to be shown.

Last edited:
The actual presentation's over and all of the Switch games are revealed. Let's see what we got...

- Metroid Prime 4
- A new multiplayer 2D Kirby platformer slated for 2018
- A new co-op 2D/3D Yoshi game heading for 2018
- Game Freak developing a core Pok?mon game that would be released in the next year or so
- Rocket League coming to Nintendo Switch
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launching this holidays
- Super Mario Odyssey releases on October 27th 2017

And we're already seeing a number of salty Animal Crossing fans complaining that the series is absent on the presentation. Stop revolving your life around one franchise and try out more games! Who knows you might end up enjoying them.

Get off this forum then buddy. This is for animal crosisng threads, and you better expect some disappointment when no knew game has been released for 4 years. You act like we all only play animal crossimg, and that's not true at all.

I was patient before about getting a Switch but now that I've seen the Kirby trailer, I am impatient. D:

Well, there's still AC mobile. Maybe they'll talk more about that tomorrow.

no micro transactions pls

Last edited:
Why? I love Animal Crossing more than any other Nintendo game. I've loved Pokemon for an even longer time, and I still love it because they release new content every other year or so. You can't ignore a franchise as big as AC. They need to keep it alive.

They just gave their fans a New Leaf update that was pretty big, HHD and the... 'game' that shall not be named. Maybe they have a new one in the works but is spending time to make it great. We still have the app too. People need to relax and enjoy other games or things while they wait instead of freaking out. I get it's frustrating but I think it would be better to wait instead of them throwing out some rushed garbage.

But hey, that's just me.

I mean 4 years is plenty of time to figure out a new AC game Nintendo continues to not listen to their fans, 3 sucky E3's in a row I'm done a thing these bull**** lame excuses for a game announcement

Get off this forum then buddy. This is for animal crosisng threads, and you better expect some disappointment when no knew game has been released for 4 years. You act like we all only play animal crossimg, and that's not true at all.

I think you're forgetting about HHD and the cursed amiibo festival. Sure they're spinoffs but it's Nintendo trying to give the franchise some love. Y'all should be patient and be glad Nintendo is spending time on a new game and app instead of releasing rushed trash. It'll come eventually. It's not like they're gonna ditch the series.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean 4 years is plenty of time to figure out a new AC game Nintendo continues to not listen to their fans, 3 sucky E3's in a row I'm done a thing these bull**** lame excuses for a game announcement

Their E3s have been pretty trashy lately. Which is why I'm mindblown that people get these high hopes for stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, there's still AC mobile. Maybe they'll talk more about that tomorrow.

no micro transactions pls

Im looking forward to seeing the mobile version. I don't even have a clue about what the game will even be. I'm interested to know!

Nintendo absolutely took the show for me. Everything was fantastic.

Salty AC fans though, wait for the Direct that's focused on the mobile game later this year. You'll get your announcement there.

Edit:
Oh my god, some of you are acting like children.

Last edited:
Yes, the mobile game intrests me because I don't know what it exactly is yet. I just hope it doesn't become micro transaction-ridden like some of Nintendos other mobile games.

I think you're forgetting about HHD and the cursed amiibo festival. Sure they're spinoffs but it's Nintendo trying to give the franchise some love. Y'all should be patient and be glad Nintendo is spending time on a new game and app instead of releasing rushed trash. It'll come eventually. It's not like they're gonna ditch the series.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Their E3s have been pretty trashy lately. Which is why I'm mindblown that people get these high hopes for stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Im looking forward to seeing the mobile version. I don't even have a clue about what the game will even be. I'm interested to know!

All I wanted to hear is them tell us a new game is coming, that's all I wanted to hear. That guy calling us salty ac fans is just low class.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nintendo absolutely took the show for me. Everything was fantastic.

Salty AC fans though, wait for the Direct that's focused on the mobile game later this year. You'll get your announcement there.

Edit:
Oh my god, some of you are acting like children.

*See my previous posts.

I don't appreciate people calling us salty AC fans because we have waited a long time for a new game, even an announcement would be good...

You know what, I'd better stop posting here before things get really heated. *backs away slowly*

Shame we didn't hear anything about a new Animal Crossing, but Metroid Prime 4 coming to the Switch is awesome news! There had been rumors saying it would be announced at E3 but didn't dare believe it actually would.

And Super Mario Odyssey - I'm calling it right now; GOTY.

I'll admit I'm a little disappointed about no Animal Crossing too, but I'm not at all that upset by it. There's no doubt in my mind it's in development, it's just a matter of time, and a matter of when they're going to reveal it. With that said, everyone has a right to be upset about a new game not being revealed, and I ask that you be respectful of everyone - no name calling, and remember to mindful of each other, Nintendo included.

People need to stop being so upset and salty about Animal Crossing not being announced. Yes its a big franchise. Yes I am LITERALLY on an Animal Crossing site and YES I AM SLIGHTLY UPSET TOO, but New Leaf got a huge update last November, far larger than any game I known of.

Think of the bigger picture, There are so many games that just got announced. Look forward to those! :)

I remember when they announced New Leaf for the first time and they pushed it back it for a couple years. I hated the wait but I new something was coming. That's what I dislike about this. This is their time to atleast talk 10 second about it, that they have ideas or at least think about it. And they didn't. Nintendo dissapointed me.

I was kind of expecting some sort of announcement about an ac game cuz it has been 4 years since nl, and the cycle between each ac game is 4-5 years

but idk why some people are getting so hot and bothered. people were just going on and on about not getting an announcement for a Pok?mon game when Nintendo had their direct a little while ago, guess what? there's a proper Pok?mon in the works for switch. patience is key

People need to stop being so upset and salty about Animal Crossing not being announced. Yes its a big franchise. Yes I am LITERALLY on an Animal Crossing site and YES I AM SLIGHTLY UPSET TOO, but New Leaf got a huge update last November, far larger than any game I known of.

Think of the bigger picture, There are so many games that just got announced. Look forward to those! :)

Exactly. Animal Crossing is one of those franchises that they will bust out when the sales start to dip a bit, and thus far that is not the case with the Switch.

I can 100% assure you all that the reason they aren't talking about Animal Crossing right now is because of the Mobile game. When they're ready to talk about that, they'll dish out news on Animal Crossing Switch.

Back