• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo at E3 2017 discussion - June 13th to June 15th

I'm watching the Treehouse show for E3 2017, and they're revealing a brand-new 2D Metroid action platformer? AWESOME!
By the way, it's called Metroid: Samus Returns, which is, you guessed it, a remake of Metroid II: Return of Samus.

CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSIC MEEEEEEEEEEEEETROOOOOOOOOOOOOOID!!!

0Je-ucuyTzuQWj_VhhNG3w.png

OHHHHHH it's a remake of Metroid 2. I can't believe I'm going to buy a freaking 3DS game in 2017.

Last edited:
Well, it was ok, but not the best, at least for me. I will looking forward for Kirby, maybe Yoshi and
Metroid, that mysterious Pokemon game and definitely Super Mario Odyssey. These are the games
that interested me the most.

About Animal Crossing: I think many people would be just happy now if they said that they working
on a new game (kinda like they did with Pokemon). I guess no one expected that they presented us
a Animal Crossing, which coming out this year. And of course, if you are fan of a franchise you are
kinda disappointed when the last game is already 4 years old (ignore the Update) and there are no
new informations for new game.

Sure, there is still hope that later this year Nintendo will say something about a new AC.
I guess we will wait and see.

(Just my two cents. :p)

Super Mario Odyssey looked really, really cool. I loved the song they played for it and the gameplay looks really unique. Can't wait to play it. The Metroid game looks awesome too.

it's about time peach and mario got married
that's the thing i got excited about the most LMAO

I was mostly disappointed. I am not excited or interested in most games.

Super Mario Odyssey looks good. I probably won't get the Yoshi game, but it looks fun.

The only game I am truly excited for is the new Kirby game releasing soon. I am very surprised because usually Kirby games on home consoles release towards the end of their lifespan, but the new game is releasing next year. This game is also the closest we'll ever get to Kirby GCN, a game which I'm very sad was cancelled.

The new Kirby game saved this year's E3 for me. :)

Last edited:
Well, RIP Nintendo 3ds it seems...

Not surprised they wanted to kill it off so fast, but yeah I have like no interest in a Switch, so...

Well, RIP Nintendo 3ds it seems...

Not surprised they wanted to kill it off so fast, but yeah I have like no interest in a Switch, so...

They just announced a Metroid game for the 3DS.

They just announced a Metroid game for the 3DS.

Yeah, but literally everything bigger than that was Switch, switch.. oh wait Switch. Kinda fun how they've kept it alive and going through all these larger expensive ones like Wii U not lasting more than a few.

For the butthurt and distressed, you don't need an official Nintendo announcement to know a new AC is coming. There is going to be a new AC game. They just haven't announced it yet. I bet in a few months there will be an Animal Crossing Direct with info on the new game AND the mobile app.

For the butthurt and distressed, you don't need an official Nintendo announcement to know a new AC is coming. There is going to be a new AC game. They just haven't announced it yet. I bet in a few months there will be an Animal Crossing Direct with info on the new game AND the mobile app.

I'm gonna screenshot this post for the hell of it :p

That's how it is when you announce a new console. The 3DS is in its death throws now, they aren't going to announce any more major titles for it. The fact that Pokemon Gen 8 was announced today exclusively for the Switch should drill it into even the most hard-headed of holdouts.

3DS is out. Switch is in. It's the natural progression that has happened for generations now, it's nothing new.

Anyway, I would say this was a fairly good E3 for Nintendo. For me personally it wasn't particularly exciting aside from the announcement of a new Pokemon core RPG for Switch and, of course, Odyssey. But I totally thought this conference would be full of Splatoon 2/ARMS, Wii U ports, too much time spent of Amiibos, New Super Mario Bros. Switch, etc., etc.

Nintendo came out with a slew of new titles. Nothing much for me, but I'm happy for Metroid fans.

Very sad no new Animal Crossing. As it stands the only game we have any concrete information about that I want for the Switch is Super Mario Odyssey. I was really hoping there was something that would make me want the Switch because getting one solely for Odyssey is a little eh... But sadly that wasn't the case.

metroid and mario looked good but as someone who buys Nintendo consoles on day one I feel like its deja vu with the WiiU.

All these companies said they would support the switch but here E3 has come and gone and the only third party games that look any good are Mario and Rabbid, skyrim, and rocket league. I feel the switch is a bit underwhelming as a new console it has no youtube, internet browser, or party system and the app thing is a dumb idea if I have to chat through my phone im gonna use skype, discord or my phone lol.TBH tho I feel no one did really well at E3 this year.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised that a new AC game wasn't announced. It was not even a year since the amiibo update was released, was less than two years since the spin-offs came out (which only came out two years after ACNL came out). I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release one until 2021 or 2020. It did take 8 years for Nintendo to release a true Animal Crossing game after another true Animal Crossing game before (I didn't count City Folk as a true Animal Crossing game because it's only Wild World with a few touches).

But I haven't seen the E3. I just read the posts here. My question is, did they announce the GameCube Virtual Console games for the Switch? Or no?

I wouldn't be surprised that a new AC game wasn't announced. It was not even a year since the amiibo update was released, was less than two years since the spin-offs came out (which only came out two years after ACNL came out). I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release one until 2021 or 2020. It did take 8 years for Nintendo to release a true Animal Crossing game after another true Animal Crossing game before (I didn't count City Folk as a true Animal Crossing game because it's only Wild World with a few touches).

But I haven't seen the E3. I just read the posts here. My question is, did they announce the GameCube Virtual Console games for the Switch? Or no?

Nothing on VC yet.

Interested in a couple of the new games, BUT I'm so disappointed about AC. I thought for sure we would hear something today... so sure that I ordered a Switch and it's arriving Friday. I guess I could keep it for Mario Kart, Odyssey, Kirby... but it's still not the same for me. :(

I have a question.

Were you guys more disappointed in a lack of AC game announcement this year, or where you more disappointed with the announcement of amiibo Festival in 2015? I don't think the Switch will be as bad as the Wii U was. Heck, it's been on the market for 3 months now, not even a full year.

Yes, I did want a new Animal Crossing game, but I don't want one now. I would want to keep enjoying ACNL as it lasts.

Last edited:
I loved it :)! A new Kirby game , a Pokemon one and a Metroid one are the thing we all needed , and of course the amazing announcements of SMO , Xenoblade 2 were super nice :)! I honestly could have expected a Animal Crossing announcement (Yoshi and Super Mario Oddysey made me think at first they were going to be Animal Crossing related lol) , regardless , not dissapointed! :D

Back