Nintendo at E3 2017 discussion - June 13th to June 15th

I was disappointed with the amiibo festival announcement, but I figured they were just skipping that console and would definitely launch it on the next. That's what makes this time even worse. Don't get me wrong... life goes on, but now I need to decide if I want the console or I want to wait.

Animal Crossing switch will be announced, but Nintendo might still be on the works of the game and wasn't finished with it when E3 arrived. So the next direct or two it will.

Anyway, the only games i'm hyped for are Kirby, Yoshi and Super Mario Odyssey.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I still don't believe that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC wasn't announced. But I gotta remember the original announcement came out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Animal Crossing switch will be announced, but Nintendo might still be on the works of the game and wasn't finished with it when E3 arrived. So the next direct or two it will.

Anyway, the only games i'm hyped for are Kirby, Yoshi and Super Mario Odyssey.

Those games look pretty good. Might be enough for me to keep the switch in hopes of future AC announcement.

Those games look pretty good. Might be enough for me to keep the switch in hopes of future AC announcement.
I still don't have a switch. But i'll be getting it soon for MK8D. And fingers cross for a MK8D DLC pack (Or two) after I get the switch.

Two Metroid games, I can't believe the rumours were actually true. My heart is RACING after that, I'm so, so happy. I loved the original Metroid II for what it was, and I'm so excited to play a complete reimagining of it. Loving the new Aeion abilities, looks like a very interesting direction for the game to go in. And Prime 4? Oh god, I feel so ecstatic. This is the E3 I was hoping for for so long now.

And I know it's not Nintendo related but seeing Monster Hunter World coming to PC got me really hyped too! I can't breathe, jesus.

I have a question.

Were you guys more disappointed in a lack of AC game announcement this year, or where you more disappointed with the announcement of amiibo Festival in 2015? I don't think the Switch will be as bad as the Wii U was. Heck, it's been on the market for 3 months now, not even a full year.

I never cared about Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, I never even glanced at it, to be honest.

I'm disappointed because Animal Crossing New Leaf is a 2012/2013 title. It's time for a new game.

Downloadable Content

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never cared about Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, I never even glanced at it, to be honest.

I'm disappointed because Animal Crossing New Leaf is a 2012/2013 title. It's time for a new game.
It'll most likely be announced this year and released the next.

I'm actually very glad the 3DS is gonna be around. I personally think Nintendo has released way too many versions of the DS that it was difficult to keep up with. The 3DS isn't going anywhere with Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Metroid: Samus Returns, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and a bunch of third party games on the way.

I'm pretty content with Nintendo's presentation for E3. Metroid getting 2 games is huge and I'm excited for Pokemon's new Switch game. I'm certain they're working on Animal Crossing for the Switch so I predict we'll get our own direct later this year. I'm curious about the mobile game; I have a feeling we'll probably hear about it later this year as well. I still think it's a bit too soon for a new AC game after the big update and 2 spin off games. We just gotta be patient. :)

I was pretty excited with what all was announced today. The new Yoshi game looks cute, but it also looks like I could easily get bored with it :/ the new Kirby, Super Mario Odyssey, a new Pok?mon on console, Rocket League, and the Breath of the Wild DLC all looked really great and now I want a switch more than ever :( luckily I'll be able to get the BOTW DLC since I have it on Wii U!

I was sad at no Animal Crossing announcement, but I remember they announced a new Animal Crossing game in 2011 and it didn't come out until 2013, and that wait was killer. If they aren't ready to announce it, I'm fine with it. Cause there's no way they aren't working on a new AC title when they're bringing back Pok?mon to home console.

I was pretty excited with what all was announced today. The new Yoshi game looks cute, but it also looks like I could easily get bored with it :/

Oh right, I almost forgot about the Yoshi game. It looks really adorable! the style kinda reminds me of Wooly World and Paper Mario. I'm a little surprised we're getting a new Yoshi game so soon. I'm not too convinced on the song used for it so far, I wanna hear some catchy af Yoshi tunes.

I'd like to see the 3DS / DS family around for a long time, i think it's the best handheld system ever. even though the Switch is portable, its not the same as the DS, the Switch is far bulkier and i think the primary benefit of the Switch's portability to me is that you can set up anywhere you want and have multiple people sitting around a couch, bed, or table playing the same console together. But for one player, i think the 3DS is more convenient, plus it fits in your pocket.

i was Lmao at the scenes in the Direct of tough guys gathering in urban underground settings to face off in Fifa Switch, gmab...:rolleyes:

also, how does one get Reggie's job? seems pretty easy...

the

I wasn't all that impressed with the presentation yesterday. Kirby and Metroid are the only things that remotely interested me.

The amount of salt in some of these posts is kind of amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Animal Crossing. I have brand new games that I still need to play because Animal Crossing New Leaf keeps dragging me back into it despite me knowing that I could be playing something else. That being said, disregarding the Spotlight in the way some people have just because one franchise happened to not show up is just a bit baffling to me.

Nintendo is not alone in making a 'port machine', as some call it. Many new console launches rely on old titles to tide people over while developing quality content throughout the year (one would hope it's quality, anyway). The Switch also presents a very unique opportunity for console games that would be great on the go but you wouldn't be able to without it. Breath of the Wild has a lot of things to do in short bursts on the go, like shrines and bosses. Mario Kart is great on the go in go and porting MK8 to it with all of the content and then some is a nice way of tiding people over, especially people like me who didn't end up getting the first one. On that note, I think Nintendo is porting things over because the WiiU went so unloved, some of the games really deserved better than they got. Not a lot of people bought a WiiU, so this is like giving those games a second chance. I agree that a Bayonetta 2 port would be pretty sweet, but hinging the entire presentation on something that wasn't even hinted at yet isn't something I'd recommend doing.

Blathering aside, I did feel much better than I expected by the end of the Spotlight.

I don't care about Pokken but I do love Decidueye's HD look, and I know plenty of people that are more into it than I am. It's also nice to see something other than Smash Bros in Nintendo's competitive scope.

The new Yoshi and Kirby games both look adorable and wholesome. The gaming world just needs that sometimes.

Xenoblade 2 looks a bit goofy in a charming sort of way, and Monolithsoft is great at building worlds I want to get immersed in, so I'm looking forward to that.

Odyssey looks more and more fantastic by the minute. It's the first Mario game I've been this interested in in years.

I've never played a Metroid Game (again, ACNL's fault at the moment) but my friend sent me the Prime trilogy for my birthday and I definitely plan on playing through it now. Even without having played it I could feel the impact this made on the gaming community. I still get chills from the music.

I've heard great things about Superstar Saga and I'm very glad that I may finally have a chance to play it via the remake.

And on that note, I'm eager to play the other Metroid game that was announced. Those games are going to lure me in with the music alone.

Back