• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Advice for my apple orchard?

shrekluvsme

Bells
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Hey! I've been trying to build a small apple orchard in my town, but there are three trees that won't go. I'll plant them, and then the next day they'll be dead. I don't know why they won't grow, is there too many trees in the area?

acnl5.jpg acnl6.jpg

Two of the spots are under the red pansies, and then the other one is also in front of the pansies. My character is looking towards it.

What do you guys think? I really don't know what to do, and it's in the middle of my orchard. If there's no way for them to grow what should I do with those three spots? Or should I just move my orchard? I need advice >_<

Every town has what are generally called "dead spots." Trees just won't grow in those spots. Obviously, flowers will, but I don't know about bushes. I have three spots like that in the middle of my orchard, too. I don't like those spots, but I'm not moving my perfect fruit orchard because of them. Your red pansies look pretty in there. :)

I had this problem. What I had to do was chop down the trees from the outside to the spots where they wouldn't grow, then only plant one tree a day working my way out again. It's true, they could be dead spots but I would try my solution before calling it that. Good luck ! &#55357;&#56842;

Yeah, if they won't grow, I'd keep the orchard where it is and put something cute in the middle; make it seem like the spot in the middle was intentional. If it can fit, you could maybe put a PWP there?

I like the pansies there tbh. The colour scheme matches really well!

I'll try the chopping down the outside trees! I really want it to work lol!

But if it doesn't, the suggestion to make it look intentional is a good one. I guess I'll have to be creative ^^

I had this problem. What I had to do was chop down the trees from the outside to the spots where they wouldn't grow, then only plant one tree a day working my way out again. It's true, they could be dead spots but I would try my solution before calling it that. Good luck ! ��

I had the same exact issue in my last town with my orange orchard and that is what I did, worked like a charm! Good luck :)

i have a dead spot among my orange trees. i put a bunch of mushrooms there to make it look nice. i like the idea of a small public works project too!

I'd put a lamp there. I'm pretty sure you have enough room. It would look adorable putting a Street lamp there.

Wow, I'm so happy you all posted such great suggestions! The effort of one tree at a time (which I never knew about) seems too much, especially since I'm in the beginning of a similar one-day-at-a-time project right now. I think I'll try a lamp in there first! See how it looks!

Thanks to all, especially OP!

Maybe it would be cute with a different style street lamp than the ones I have placed around town. Maybe the one suggested by snooty villagers? That could be cute! Great suggestion!

As for flower trellis, I already have those in another part of my town ^^!

- - - Post Merge - - -

How about a flower trellis?

HNI_0001.jpg

18446649_10213060378683176_3994327589442730935_n.jpg

This is where I have my flower trellises ^^ I'm going to have pink roses there, too, but I'm trying to garden for them currently!

18425068_10213060509046435_1506235053390316996_n.jpg

A better picture of my flower trellises! They lead up to the playground :3

Last edited:
Kinda off topic but I wish I knew about the perfect fruit rule before making my town. Perfect apples look beautiful and I can't have them. I have perfect oranges, which look like mutant pears. :/

Kinda off topic but I wish I knew about the perfect fruit rule before making my town. Perfect apples look beautiful and I can't have them. I have perfect oranges, which look like mutant pears. :/

I have cherries and I like them, but I really like the look of the perfect oranges because the shape is different from regular ones!

some times the trees won't grow if you make a large enough square

The whole "dead spot" thing is really stupid and unnecessary if you ask me. It can ruin a lot of towns, especially if you want to have bushes all lines up. So, I would keep the ordhard where kt is, and just put a path over the dead spot, so it doesn't look so bad.

Back