Votes: 48 31.4%
  • No, and I'm indifferent to it.

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • No, and I wish I would get catcalled!

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I'm the catcaller!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Yeah it happens a lot when I walk through my town by myself :/ And that's the worst part, I find it only ever happens if I'm by myself or with another girl my age.
I hate it and it makes me feel so uncomfortable I just want to run back home aha

I got catcalled a lot when I was walking home late from the school building in the city. I tend to find it in a humorous pathetic way because it was usually very drunk men hanging out of the Lyft/Uber's back window. I had an older business man tell me to smile one time when I was about to cross the street; I just showed my teeth at him.

I said I was indifferent but I find it very unwarranted and awful. It's scary when you're alone and there's no safe space to get to.

So glad I'm not a female because of how sexualised guys make girls out to be. Girls aren't objects that you can get your dicks wet with.
This is why we need feminism (not the radical feminists, we can get ridda those).

When I got out of Winterball me and some of my friends went downtown to eat at Denny's and it was in the middle of winter and all me and my friend had on were our dresses. As soon as we step outside of the car two older men started trying to talk to us and asking us if we were cold and that "they can warm us up" and as soon as I backed away and told them "we're fine, thanks" they walked by us and yelled "put on some f****** clothes on you s****!"

Keep in mind me and my friend are just 15 years old

I've gotten catcalled a few times but I'm indifferent to it. Maybe it's mostly because the ones catcalling are far away and thankfully at a good enough distance away from me. If they did approach me however, I probably would've hated it.

I'm surprised how many people actually are indifferent to it.
I've never got catcalled and I never want to be. It's ****ing disgusting imo .-.

I've sadly grown up being on the opposite end of this.
Born and raised in a particular area where respecting others are the last things on their minds.
They'll holler at anything that moves. It's gross.

its super gross. they excuse it as a compliment when its really not. its just creepy. and its amazing how angry they quickly get when your not having it.

its super gross. they excuse it as a compliment when its really not. its just creepy. and its amazing how angry they quickly get when your not having it.

Right??? Or if you ignore them they're like "WELL aren't you rude" as if they weren't the one yelling unsolicited comments in the first place

It's so disrespectful. There are SO many different and considerate ways to approach people, but instead the catcallers just go straight to irritating tactics. Like if you want to meet someone, be more thoughtful xD o3o

I've never been catcalled and I like it that way

As it stands people are more likely to mistake me as male unless I'm wearing something obviously girly

Catcalling is awful.
When it happens I feel offended and dirty.
It makes me hate men.

I am genderfluid, and I now that I wear clothing that conceals my body more and a hat, people don't do it as much because I think they are confused by my gender and I love it. ^^
Makes me way less dysphoric.

Girls did it to me all the time in college, it's uncomfortable af

Catcalling is very, very wrong. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable and fear for my safety. It is very inappropriate. No one should EVER catcall.

Some might try to pawn it off as a compliment. But that isn't the goal of catcalling. Catcalling is used in an attempt to get someone to cave in, to give you inappropriate attention. It's not to make someone feel good about themselves; it's used to benefit the one doing the catcalling.

The world would be a better place without it.

I don't catcall because I fear a gang of cats suddenly surrounding me in every direction after I make the call.

^ lmao I wished

I really really hate being catcalled. It's gross and 100% makes me feel unsafe. I just wanna be left alone to go wherever I want without being shouted at and being told to "smile more, honey" when clearly you are being extremely creepy.

It's awful, it makes me feel like I can't even look decent in public without someone catcalling me. It's creepy and makes people feel super unsafe, and moreover is downright inappropriate.

Back