Votes: 48 31.4%
  • No, and I'm indifferent to it.

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • No, and I wish I would get catcalled!

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I'm the catcaller!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Is there really such a thing as verbal sexual harassment in the eyes of the law? I thought that anything goes, including hate speech, because we have freedom of speech. So calling out rude sexual things to people isn't a crime, but putting your hands on someone or following them around would be harassment that could be punishable. But I dunno. That's just what I always though.

Yes it is a thing. For the same reason you can be arrested for threats and why screaming at a kid constantly even without hitting them counts as child abuse.

I don't like it at all. It makes me uncomfortable and it's annoying. I don't really ever do anything about it but it gets old after a while. What's even worse than that is when the person catcalling you gets offended when you don't act grateful they're making comments like that to you or assume you think they're ugly because they don't get a reaction.

I had a guy at work say something nasty to me then start yelling at me in front of customers because I should have been flattered he was saying such "nice" things to me.

As a straight male I've been catcalled by plenty of men interested in me. Work, school, clubs. Obviously, it was unwanted. Did I give a ****? no. Catcalling is harmless.

Yes it is a thing. For the same reason you can be arrested for threats and why screaming at a kid constantly even without hitting them counts as child abuse.

Oh okay, that does make sense. I never thought about it that way >.< I mean, obviously I knew that verbal abuse towards children was against the law, but I've had my dad threaten to kill me, and the cops pretty much just told me, "Tough. You need to go back home and listen to your dad." So I thought that there was really nothing anyone would do if it was just speech. Although I think cat calling is different from threats. Such as, "You got a sweet a$$ honey," vs "Give me your number or I'm going to bend you over in that alley." Although it's still terrible, the first example isn't really threatening and I don't think the cops would do anything about it. :(

As a straight male I've been catcalled by plenty of men interested in me. Work, school, clubs. Obviously, it was unwanted. Did I give a ****? no. Catcalling is harmless.

Is this a joke?

Just because you don't mind it doesn't mean that objectifying people is harmless.

I don't care too much for it. I've never experienced it before, but there was one time where I was walking in public with my sister and she was catcalled, she was pretty pissed afterwards.

It's really disgusting and I'm tired of it. Can't people just exist in public without anyone's comments? :confused:

It's nasty
It's not a compliment
Don't do it

Ive never been catcalled but the few times I leave my house with friends boys have given me a little too much attention and I don't like that, so I'm sure if some random ass guy said something sexual to me I would be pissed

I really hate it, especially because of things from my past it triggers a lot of stuff... There are also guys that just kind of make super direct pervy comments and I don't care for that even more than the passerby's catcalling. Either way it creeps me out and makes me feel unsettled and I can't wait to get away from the person who did it.
tumblr_n3u4o3lFun1tuhzcko1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
ive never heard of catcalling until now
must be a big city thing lol

It happens everywhere, but it's more common in big cities just because there are more people all stuck near each other.

its never happened where i live, but i live in a farm village so that could be it :V

I have been catcalled before. I don't really care too much. I'm not very confident in my appearance so it's kinda sorta nice to be catcalled? lmao. Anyway, as long as they don't start walking with me and making conversation for a solid 10-20 minutes (which has happened to me before at the park) then I'm fine.

I once was called "sugarfoot". What the **** does that even mean???????? What kind of compliment is that?

Last edited:
I don't think anybody likes catcalling lol.

I had to put indifferent because I don't hate it. I dislike it. Obviously, there's no need to make sexually suggestive comments to strangers/people who you aren't in a relationship with on the street. I'm too soft to say that I hate it.

Catcalling is a thing men primarily do, from my experiences. I've never heard or seen women catcalling, but do correct me if that statement is wrong.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My statement, translated: "Do not touch me and I will only loathe your existence near me. Touch me and I will go to jail for what I do to you. No touchies."

- - - Post Merge - - -

I once was called "sugarfoot". What the **** does that even mean???????? What kind of compliment is that?

?????????
God that sounds so awkward.

If you think about it, sugar is sweet and the plural of foot is feet. Sweet feet. It's fun because it rhymes. God, please end me.

Eh it's pathetic. Some people do it, some people like having others do it to them, some people don't really care. I'm one of the latter, couldn't care less about it.

the sad part is that not a single one of the catcallers is in the least bit attractive

I don't really care.. but it is a bit awkward. I can't remember ever being catcalled but i sometimes get cars beep at me but i think it's probably in an ironic way

I'm overall indifferent. I know and understand why it would piss others off though completely.

Unfortunately most that catcall me personally....aren't all that attractive. :p

Back