• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What to do with some extra space?

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I have quite a long stretch of extra space that I don't know what to do with :( I thought maybe the wisteria trellis and a drinking fountain would fit nicely, but I'm not sure :( What do you guys think?
IMG_1864.jpg
IMG_1863.jpg
Ignore the random water paths and the mess in general!

Last edited:
Can't really give you an opinion if I haven't seen any pics of your town.

It's too close to the cliff so not many things look good in there. Guess a street light or the drinking fountain.

Line the edge with trees it'll help fill things in and still have room for the street light drinking fountain pwps.

Perhaps place farm patterns there like vegetables, so it looks like a small allotment? That's pretty much what I decided to do with my last piece of land.

A fruit orchard with just a few trees in a vertical column down the side would be nice, perhaps ending with a drinking fountain, streetlight, or water pump would look like the area has a purpose.

Orchard ideas:

- Your perfect fruit
- All 5 mainland fruits
- All the island fruit - lychee lemon mango durian
- Pears and lemons to match the colors of your pretty signature :)

Line the edge with trees it'll help fill things in and still have room for the street light drinking fountain pwps.

That's a really good idea! Thank you :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Perhaps place farm patterns there like vegetables, so it looks like a small allotment? That's pretty much what I decided to do with my last piece of land.

Oh I never thought about using patterns! Thank you :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

wisteria trellis and drinking fountain sounds like a really good idea!

Aw, thank you! I might see if I can squish in the wisteria trellis and see how it looks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A fruit orchard with just a few trees in a vertical column down the side would be nice, perhaps ending with a drinking fountain, streetlight, or water pump would look like the area has a purpose.

Orchard ideas:

- Your perfect fruit
- All 5 mainland fruits
- All the island fruit - lychee lemon mango durian
- Pears and lemons to match the colors of your pretty signature :)

That's such an awesome idea, thank you! I've lined the edges with all island fruit and I'm going to add either a drinking fountain or instrument shelter, I think :D

I think putting down a bunch of water paths would look nice there, as the bushes could make a nice barricade for a little lake area which I think could look really nice and cute since it's so close to the edge. If it were me, i'd probably add a little bit of forestry over there, maybe a mini fruit orchard? since I don't feel there's much point on putting a PWP there personally. I hope this helped you. :)

Last edited:
Back