Why you keep playing?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hey there!
Animal Crossing New Leaf can be such a good game full of great qualities which can speak about him like:

-This game can make your imagination go to a good levels of creativity.
I think every Animal Crossing Player (at least me) pass at least an some minutes or maybe an hour thinking what can they do to make a good zone in your Town, you know what Isabelle always say... "A Mayor job is never done".

-Imagination all the way.
This game playing with a little imagination can be really grateful isn't it? I mean, just beginning a new day and see all those animals hanging around, then get near and start talking or maybe simply just the fact of being Mayor of a Whole Town.

-Good experience.
In every sense Animal Crossing New Leaf can give to the player such a good experience in his Nintendo 3DS.

-Always is something to do.
Fishing, hunting, fossils, your Town PWPs, collecting or maybe just hang out a little with a friend (at least you finish everything already. If you do, stop reading this point).

Anyway... With all this facts about the game i wonder what make you keep playing this game? Thanks for comment.

I stopped for a year or two, came back a few months ago because I wanted to see what the update was all about, realized I lost my physical copy of my first town, and so I started a new one. And that is why I "keep playing", until I get back to a point where I am satisfied with my town. I have higher standards this time

The entire AC series has so much nostalgia for me. I play because it takes me out of my own reality for a bit, and it makes me feel happy and calm; and it often brings back memories of playing the older games during my childhood.
I always find there's something do, and have never gotten "bored" while playing.
I like to think of it as an escape from my busy life. :blush:

For me, there's no end to this game.That's why I like it and keep playing it. I can stop for awhile then come back and it's still fun to play.

I've put so much time into it that I just can't stop.

It's the sunken cost fallacy, I know.

I think I played for a full year in 2013 because I was so scared of losing one of my dreamies, but after she left I stopped playing for a while. Ended up playing again out of boredom, then on and off. The new amiibo update got me really back into the game and I reset my town recently. I never put much thought into my room designs, so this time I'd like to try and make my rooms look nice and not just cluttered with hoarded items.

Because I played a lot as a kid and because it's something to do. I already completed my museum in my last town so I'm less motivated to complete it this time but overall I'm pretty happy with my town minus tweaking a few things. I guess I play just to see what's going on in town. I do tend to get really into it for months and then stop for a few months and then pick it up again on and off.

What keeps me playing is the determination to be completely happy with a town that i've made and feel like it's complete. Since i've never had a town that i've completed or felt was complete in my whole time of playing. Ever. Apart from that animal crossing helps me to relax somewhat, and keep me busy. I like that I have daily tasks to do in-game, and there's never a day where I don't feel like i've done something productive in-game.

Because there's so few other games even remotely like it. I like relaxing, colourful and innocent games preferably with goals that can't be achieved in 5 minutes. I like to invest in my games. Come to think of it, everything I play (which isn't much) is usually something I've been recycling for years. Things like, The Sims 2, Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley.

I'm pretty much the opposite to my husband who completes and switches games every few weeks/days.

I have stopped playing for about two week now. It was consuming too much of my time and I did not accomplish anything while having it, basically a drug.
What keeps me playing is my kind villagers and their gossip, I am proud of how I developed my town and all the accomplishments along the way like my badges and items. Another thing that really keeps me playing is visiting other towns via dream suite and the animal crossing community.
I might pick up soon but I need to make myself a schedule to follow, if not it is back to addiction. lol

I have weird reasons.
The first main one is that my fear of bugs is pretty out of hand and playing this game is kinda like a practice? Like looking at the bugs, catching them, and leaning about them, maybe it'll lessen my fear of them. (Though I flinch a whole lot whenever I see the big beetles in the island.)
Second one is because I want to show my creativity to the world. Everyone will get to see how I made my town 'mine'.
The game itself is so darn cute and how can I not put it down?
The update is also a good reason to keep playing as it added new stuff to the game. haha.

The hour and a half I spend playing the game in the morning is the best stress relief medication I know of...next to my three real life cats.

my favorite part is playing for the first time after i wake up in the morning. im super lame and get really excited about going to the campground/shops to see what i could buy for that day. especially if i come across something ive been wanting for a while

I stopped playing for about 2 years and started again this year.

I started playing again because my son started playing city folk and it made me think about that I haven't visited my town in new leaf for so long so I decided to go back on and see how my town is doing and for memories.
I realised there was a new update so checking that out has brought back my interest on it. I also realised I never got round to finishing getting all the bugs and fishes for my museum so that's another thing that got me back to playing it frequently.
I'm also thinking about redoing my town so that'll be another thing that'll keep me playing.

One thing that has always kept my interest is that it can be such a casual and laid back game so it's great when you need to escape from reality for a while and don't want to think about anything, or vice versa where it can keep you busy which can also help you escape from reality.

The villagers are so lovely and there's so much to do in town, every day! I just enjoy talking to my villagers, go to dream in some towns or do tasks for villagers.

I keep playing because I am well and truly sucked into it, I love decorating my town, catching bugs, chatting to villagers, the list is endless! It's such an easy going game to play and always helps me unwind at the end of the day. Also, like so many others have said, there are really no limitations to how frequently you play. I've put the game down for months and when I go back, well, it's like I've never left ^.^ - The perfect game really! :blush:

I play to distract myself from my chaotic work life and to meet all my expectations and achieve "my ideal town".

Back