• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you depressed?

Depressed, are you?

• Yep.

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • Mysterious third option. OooOOooh!

Votes: 31 31.0%

• Total voters
And people who suffer from depression aren't necessarily 'depressed'. They might feel depressed but that's not always the case.

Yes but you can be depressed and not suffer from depression. That's why they're different.

True.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And people who suffer from depression aren't necessarily 'depressed'. They might feel depressed but that's not always the case.

This I don't particularly get, but that's me just not being very knowledgeable.

Being depressed is basically having a low mood, but someone with depression might feel empty. Not happy or sad, just nothing.

It's a bit hard to explain, but I hope it makes some kind of sense :D

Being depressed is basically having a low mood, but someone with depression might feel empty. Not happy or sad, just nothing.

It's a bit hard to explain, but I hope it makes some kind of sense :D

This just reminded me that I suffered from depression years ago and felt numb at the same time so I can confirm this. There's also times I have been in a good mood but still suffered with depression. You can be up and down with your moods. Just because you suffer from depression doesn't mean you're depressed 24/7.

I suffered a very bad depressive episode for almost two years. I now have been off my medication since February and things have been okay. I've had a few down days and lower moods but generally good. I still struggle with anxiety but not as much as depression.

I voted "no" because I don't feel depressed right now, but I'm pretty sure that I could be diagnosed with the disorder and that's why my mood was the way it was back in 2012.

My depression comes back every few months. While I'm not depressed right now, I put yes because it always comes back. Just a part of my brain I guess.

lmao @ everyone talking abt what Real Depression is, depression can b anything from being more down than usual for 3 weeks to feeling like crap for the past 20 yrs, not being able to do anything, constantly crying, being suicidal and not feeling anything other than Pain and Suffering. like, depression is a very loose term to use when trying to describe symptoms and severity.

i don't think it's great to describe feeling sad, down, lonely, empty or anxious feelings as depression if you don't have depression bc it is kinda Meh and makes people think the illness is something u can have for an afternoon and then youre cured.
i feel like it's kinda like saying "lol im so autistic XD" when u arent on the spectrum and what u actually mean is that youre socially awkward around people you met for the first time.

Sometimes I can get depressed, but I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary. Watching something sad happen and feeling bad seems like a common occurrence. I'm not really sure what depression is, so I can't say if I have it or not.

The doctor gave me a depression screening questionnaire during my last check-up, but it had really odd questions (in my opinion) such as "Are you fidgety? Do you have trouble sleeping? How often do you feel sad? Do you prefer to stay at home?" which I don't think has to correlate with depression. I'm not really sure. Depression just seems like a hard thing to pinpoint to me.

Sometimes I can get depressed, but I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary. Watching something sad happen and feeling bad seems like a common occurrence. I'm not really sure what depression is, so I can't say if I have it or not.

The doctor gave me a depression screening questionnaire during my last check-up, but it had really odd questions (in my opinion) such as "Are you fidgety? Do you have trouble sleeping? How often do you feel sad? Do you prefer to stay at home?" which I don't think has to correlate with depression. I'm not really sure. Depression just seems like a hard thing to pinpoint to me.

This is why I always do my research before going to the doctors about something. A lot of them don't have as much knowledge about a lot of health stuff than they make out they do. Especially older doctors from my experience.

how can someone be geographically depressed..........

By being in an area of land lower in altitude than those of areas surrounding it, or anywhere on land below sea level.

Such is depression in a geographical sense.
You could stare at a topographical map if it would help.

Last edited:
By being in an area of land lower in altitude than those of areas surrounding it, or anywhere on land below sea level.

Such is depression in a geographical sense.
You could stare at a topographical map if it would help.

lmao u were making a joke sry i didnt get it bc i didnt know what geographic depression is :(

I chose the mysterious option because I thought it was exciting.

I'm not depressed. I get down sometimes but never for very long. I trend toward sadness rather than anger but in general I'm pretty upbeat and stay too busy to dwell about things that get me down.

This is why I always do my research before going to the doctors about something. A lot of them don't have as much knowledge about a lot of health stuff than they make out they do. Especially older doctors from my experience.

Yeah I was just going to the doctors to do some blood tests and get a flu shot. I'm not really sure why they had me fill that out... :confused:

Last edited:

thats my experience with older doctors as well. my current doctor who prescribes my meds is old, traditional and he seems to think he knows everything about my issues because he's been a doctor for like 30 years when actually that might mean that he has a lot of experience but his education is outdated, and because he is so confident in his own Wisdom he's not good at all at understanding or helping me because he refuses to accept that everything isn't exactly as he "knows" it is. (like when i said i dont feel any difference bc of the new medication he was like "are you sure??????????????" a billion times and it felt like he was just trying to make me say it so he wouldnt be wrong.)
it's not a giant issue for me bc my main contact is my psychologist but it's still frustrating. ):<

I guess i've been mildly depressed recently, but not as bad as it's been in the past.

Back