• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you depressed?

Depressed, are you?

• Yep.

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • Mysterious third option. OooOOooh!

Votes: 31 31.0%

• Total voters
I chose mysterious third option. I was for a long time, but I'm not anymore. I still get sad about things from time to time, but they're things that any reasonable person would be sad about.

Yeah, I've had depression for a while now, and it seems like luckily my characteristics work perfectly against it.
Too stubborn, unrestful and opinionated to not fight through it, though annoying people off can be discouraging.

I do have depression but I'm doing ok right now, it's been going in waves lately. Lots of up and downs, I always know first hand when it's happening because I'll sleep literally forever.

Been depressed a lot lately because of my mood disorder and my medication possibly not working. It sucks.

In depression, no.

Have I been depressed, plenty.

But thats not to say it's constant, life does has its moments.

I am currently not in depression. I have actually been doing very well, especially since yesterday, when my paper roller coaster turned out to be the best one in my physics class. I thought it was gonna suck, but it was really awesome because it was built very well, it's based on Rainbow Road, and I play some RR music while the marble was rolling down. Whoops! I'm rambling! Anyways...

But I do take medication for depression. If I forget to take it for a day or two (which happens a lot because of school), I get very depressed, and my anxiety skyrockets. I will literally cry for hours straight, for no reason whatsoever. I do have things that make me happy, but being in school has made no time for me to be able to enjoy those things. Being depressed really sucks, because you're really upset, and when someone asks you why, you can't explain yourself. It's like a feeling of devastation that just kind of exists for no particular reason.

So in essence, yes, I am depressed. But the medication I am taking helps it tremendously, so at the moment, I feel great except for the pressure of the final week of school (I'm not taking exams, but I have quite a few assignments to finish up before Wednesday). Then, when I'm out of school, I can take a huge load of stress off, relax, and enjoy my upcoming graduation and the ensuing summer vacation. :blush:

Last edited:
I have been very depressed over the past year or so. Mostly because I have problems at school. Currently atm I'm not doing very well. 80% of my time I'm angry with people for no reason. I tried suicide and take drugs. I'm just looking forward to summer break.

Last edited:
LMAO wow, so many depressed people

I don't see how this could be a joke, and I am in no way critiquing your character. Depression is nothing to joke about or make fun of. It can make so many people suffer, and laughing in all caps about it is quite insensitive. It can also make people not want to post in the future about it.

Last edited:
I unfortunately have Depression that is connected mostly to personal reasons. :(
It really hasn't been improving at all and an event that happened last year sunk me further into it. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's a shame many kind and good-willed people are affected by this illness, I wish the best for everyone in recovering from Depression. :eek:

Last edited:
I've struggled with depression for years but this year has been the best year for my mental health issues in a long time. So I have depression but I'm doing better than usual on a day-to-day basis.

I have Borderline Personality Disorder underneath depression, but no, I'm not depressed (at the moment). Picked mysterious third option because I want to die.

Yeah, I'm depressed. Mostly 'cause I've felt I've lost my mind.

Yea i'm depressed. I've been depressed for my whole life. I 've suffer from Osteogenesis Imperfecta. And there is no cure in all my years of school i've been bullied because of it

I was extremely depressed for a long time and I never seriously sought help for it, partially due to lack of access but also because I was too depressed to even seek help. I'm in a better place now, mentally and emotionally. Even though I have a lot of problems, probably more than when I was depressed, I feel I can handle them better. I don't really know why I'm better but my theory is my life is so stressful and terrible that I can't dwell on how sad I am. I know it doesn't make sense but I'm basically in survivalist mode right now, almost devoid of emotion. I think I read somewhere that games like Animal Crossing really appeal to people with depression and anxiety. I would totally agree with that.

Back