Wisdom Teeth

I got mine removed two years ago and it really wasn't bad at all. The place I got them removed at puts all of their patients to sleep for the procedure (which was fine by me cause that's what I wanted). After I woke up, I wasn't in any pain. I just couldn't talk with all that gauze in my mouth and I was super tired and the next thing I know I'm at home lying on the couch.

The pain was really never all that bad. I got two types of pain killers and really only ever took them before bed. I was eating solid food after two days of having them taken out and was comfortable going back to work the day after (though my cheeks were so swollen my head looked like a square).

I'm really glad to get them removed, too. I never really had a problem with them before but my dentist told me that it would be best to get them removed. Especially since the ones on the bottom of my mouth were difficult to clean because they were still surrounded by gum tissue. If I didn't get them removed they would have likely caused problems to the molars that were by them later on.

Anyway, I'm doing fine. I have to take antibiotics to prevent infection. It was difficult at first but I got around it. I'm thankfully not in pain because they injected a pain killer. I was advised to get a prescription for pills just in case.

I'm really glad to get them removed, too. I never really had a problem with them before but my dentist told me that it would be best to get them removed. Especially since the ones on the bottom of my mouth were difficult to clean because they were still surrounded by gum tissue. If I didn't get them removed they would have likely caused problems to the molars that were by them later on.

Anyway, I'm doing fine. I have to take antibiotics to prevent infection. It was difficult at first but I got around it. I'm thankfully not in pain because they injected a pain killer. I was advised to get a prescription for pills just in case.

Yeah, it's better that you got them removed before they caused problems. I was scared to remove mine for years, despite the fact that they were impacting my other teeth and causing them to shift. When I finally did get them removed (all 4 at the same time...... 2 weeks without solid food or straws..... fun), it was too late and they had shifted one of my bottom teeth out of alignment. I'm thinking about braces because I've always had perfectly straight teeth but I'm an adult and I don't want to have to deal with braces as an adult. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Back