Wisdom Teeth

everything went totally great when my wisdom teeth were removed, in fact i wanted to go out that night and my parents let me but they made me come home early. i'm sure everything will go smoothly.

I had all of mine removed several years ago. I was terrified going in, but it was actually no big deal. After they woke me up, I went home and by the end of the day I was completely normal like nothing had ever happened. I was also lucky and had no pain.

I had all of mine removed several years ago. I was terrified going in, but it was actually no big deal. After they woke me up, I went home and by the end of the day I was completely normal like nothing had ever happened. I was also lucky and had no pain.

pretty much like mine, except I wasnt put under, I had local anesthetic.

I have some on each of my 4 sides on my teeth. I'm getting them removed when Im legally able to drink.

Nope. Nope. Nope. I can NOT stand DENTISTS. And if I ever have to get ANY tooth removed, oh lord Jesus help me because I will RUN OUT OF THERE AND FLEE THE COUNTRY.

(Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine, my mom got them removed a few years ago and she was fine the day after, but I'm going to be honest if I were in your position I would not be concious.)

My wisdom teeth are still growing in and my jaw hurts from time to time because of it but the pain isn't unbearable. I'm one of those people who don't feel scared about a situation until i'm actually there, and the same thing applies to the dentist but it's usually not so bad.

i have to get mine out too i'm so scared

mine are impacted, meaning they're coming in sideways. so they have to cut open my gums hahahahahha

haha

ha

I got them removed today. The people were very nice and talked me through it. I had local anesthesia, because I didn't want to be sleeping while they did it. And as I thought, they had a little trouble getting the bottom teeth removed so after they got those out they had to put in stitches. And all of this took almost an hour.

The bleeding is really annoying, though I think it's starting to taper off(my jaw is getting so sore from holding the guaze in my mouth). I'm also holding a bag of ice on my swollen cheeks.

I can't wait till I'm able to eat and drink something once the bleeding stops.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got them removed today. The people were very nice and talked me through it. I had local anesthesia, because I didn't want to be sleeping while they did it. And as I thought, they had a little trouble getting the bottom teeth removed so after they got those out they had to put in stitches. And all of this took almost an hour.

The bleeding is really annoying, though I think it's starting to taper off(my jaw is getting so sore from holding the guaze in my mouth). I'm also holding a bag of ice on my swollen cheeks.

I'm glad it all worked out fine for you. :)

I've never had any issues with mine so I've never had any need to have them removed.

I'm 16 and i have no jaw pain. Perhaps i'm gonna be lucky?

I'm glad it went well!
For me, the worst of it was the first day. I remember coming home and just passing out on the couch going full burrito mode. Make sure you keep the ice on it! That helps a lot, and only eat soft, mushy things like juice and yogurt.

I was having pain in my mouth and I went to the dentist. They gave me an xray and said I will never get my wisdom teeth, my jaw bone is blocking them from coming in. I feel really lucky. My friend got hers out at 14 before they even grew in and it seemed really painful. But from what it seems she's obviously pain tolerant because she still ate hard foods when she wasn't supposed to. And she never finished her pain killers either.

I think I have my upper ones growing if they're not fully out yet, they never told me last time I went there just they were pointing in some direction.. Idk, as long as they don't bother you in a bad way I don't see why they need to be gotten out. I can see though if you have a small mouth or have trouble brushing it might be an idea to pull though.

I have a very small mouth myself though so it's a wonder they are not bothering me yet though but I guess it's good as long as I can brush them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well most of the time they don't come out until you're 20 or more :)

I only had wisdom teeth on the top. I remember they started coming through when i was about 22 (im 38 now). Had them both removed now though a couple years ago. Both times it went well. I was numbed up really good. I'm glad i had them out because they would've started causing me trouble according to the dentist and they wern't exactly doing anything.

I would like some advice as well. I'm supposed to get mine removed within months and I know it's gonna suck.:(

Luckily my top two wisdom teeth are growing in like normal teeth, but my bottom teeth are growing completely horizontally, which meant I had to have one removed, AS WELL AS the rotten one, 'cause it had caused complete rot and curvature of the root of my back tooth.

I cried like a little baby, I felt the needle go in and then I just giggled and then I was completely out. I was still aware of everything and was technically awake, but I was so out of it afterwards and I was so giggly that I was crying with laughter. Then I calmed down and started crying, for pretty much no reason. My gum is still healing, but still feels like a ballsack.

My only advice would be to watch what you eat for a while. I got a bit of cracker stuck in there and it was not great at all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A lot of the time, they come through in late teens to twenties, but it does vary for people.

I would like some advice as well. I'm supposed to get mine removed within months and I know it's gonna suck.:(

Soo, I got all four removed when I was 15. The thing that will scare you is their dumb little video about all the things that might go wrong and how the procedure looks. I know they do it as a precaution and informative but it's not the most joyous thing to watch.

I got general anesthesia because I didn't want to hear the sounds of my teeth cracking in half. You wake up extremely drugged. Like I got rolled out in a wheelchair with a mouthful of gauze.

They'll go over the "How to clean your mouth and prevent infections!" So don't worry about that. Plus you get your trusty icepack, horse-sized pain pills and extra gauze. You can't spit, or drink through a straw and you'll look like a hamster for 1-2 weeks.

It's not the end of the world, so don't worry.

One of my wisdom teeth are growing in (although very slowly!) and I feel no pain at all. It's too early to tell but I hope I'm one of the lucky ones.

Back