• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal crossing population growing!

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Has anybody played the first(American) Animal crossing game, AC Population growing?
I don't know many people who have.
And if they have, it is my brother and a girl who I used to hang out with as a kid.

If you did what was your favorite part? Even though it was basic.

Mine was that I had cookie AND butch, and they never moved, ever.
(I bet if I turned it on, theyd be there still.)

confused though, because I'm pretty sure at the change the date and time part it didn't go past 2016? (if I'm wrong correct me)

I also liked the mini nes games

ew this post is everywhere *cringe*
sorryyyy

AND do you still have your gamecube?
Technically for me yes, but my brother paid to repair it, so even though it was a family gift from my dad, I cant play it anymore because he put money into it... :( but its still working!!!!<3

Last edited:
I still have my Gamecube but I never got that Animal Crossing game. I managed to get it via emulator and played a bit of it. My favourite part so far is the villagers' sassiness. I love it. XD

This is going to sound like a huge lie... But
I had a character named Link, it was a boy, and I had Tangy the cat in my town.
And it would start up conversations by itself, she kept crushing on my character!! And she kept following me around. It lasted 3-5 minutes. I got up and googled it to see if anybody had something similar happen and they didn't.
After she stopped she had no recollection of doing so. And it never happened again on any other town or character.
It was so weird! lol
It was awesome on the gamecube though......
The amiibos now were ereaders back then. and you needed just that and a Gameboy + cord to get there.
I don't own any amiibo but the cards so I always catch myself calling them ereaders, and I always confuse people :eek:

I had that game! I think what you just described is occasionally your fortune will be that villagers will fall in love with you. If you are on the other side of a river or separated by a cliff, after trying to chase you down, the villager will give up and have stormy clouds over their head for a short while. The little things like the falling in love fortune are some of my favorite things about the game that the newer versions sadly lack.

I also liked the summer morning exercising and honestly I thought the villager personalities were much more diverse and awesome.

*I also liked having a separate special villager on the island.

Last edited:
Ohhh my god! You made my night! I had no idea what that was back in the day, I was pretty far in, but I was too young to know little details like that at the time! I thought I was just delusional but I am so glad I'm not!
That really makes me want to get a new gamecube and copy to play...
My town was like that too, to get to her house you had to cross the river, and it was near a cliff!

Animal Crossing on the GameCube is my favorite AC game. The unique music, characters, and mechanics that aren't in other games really makes me frequently come back to it.

I don't actually think it was called Population Growing. I think that was more like a slogan or something. I see it always being referred to as AC: Population Growing by fans, but I've never seen it officially been called like that.

I used to have two gamecube games, and I ALWAYS had Grizzly in my main town and our characters were pretty close imo. Eventually, though, Grizzly moved to my other town. Now Grizzly spends his day next to the lighthouse, talking about my other character and missing her lol!! Totally in love with her ^^

I don't have a GameCube so I just play Population Growing on the Wii. I like the lotto at the end of each months and having those footballs around you can push about.

Back