• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Themeless Mafia-Mafia Win!

well tensu should be here defending themselves but it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen so byeee

Between Ness and Lucanosa there is one scum I'm getting pretty sure. I'm leaning Ness right now. Why? Well, compare his playstyle. His town play is terrible and he always does ******** things that make you want to lynch him. He seems to actually be trying. He also seems to be making solid reads. The fact his reads are so solidified already makes me think he knows who is who (from being mafia). I'm swapping my vote to Ness, I suggest you all do the same.

Trundle, my playstyle is reflective of the last 2 or 3 games I've played. I'll go into more detail when I get home, I'm out eating right now.

Between Ness and Lucanosa there is one scum I'm getting pretty sure. I'm leaning Ness right now. Why? Well, compare his playstyle. His town play is terrible and he always does ******** things that make you want to lynch him. He seems to actually be trying. He also seems to be making solid reads. The fact his reads are so solidified already makes me think he knows who is who (from being mafia). I'm swapping my vote to Ness, I suggest you all do the same.

...but why? You're certainly not a Town leader at this point, especially with your post history in this game thus far. This is your first serious post, and you're telling everybody to switch their votes for you? I don't think so.

...but why? You're certainly not a Town leader at this point, especially with your post history in this game thus far. This is your first serious post, and you're telling everybody to switch their votes for you? I don't think so.

Okay but Tensu is obvious town. I'm fine with Lucanosa because it will get us decent info. Tensu is a waste of a lynch. Also most of the people who have played mafia around here for awhile know I'm obvious town at this point.

Also, Trundle, ouch? Everyone seems to be full of compliments tonight.

The thread will be closed in preparation for EOD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Night One

The town, still stuck within the game, were meek initially. But they soon proceeded to take action. A discussion on meta-analysis occured, and they meta-analyzed the discussion on meta-analysis. They would have meta-analyzed the meta-analysis of the meta-analysis, but then someone screamed "**** META". And the town agreed. They soon got into a discussion on who would join Dolby's mafia. Who, after all, would join him in making such am abomination of a themeless game?

The crowd soon attacked Bowie. Hosts certainly tend to stick together, and it was more than feasible that they were in cahoots! But Bowie countered with the games that he had hosted, both themed. The town, somewhat disheartened, turned upon the quietest among them: Lucanosa and Tensu. Both were quiet, both were suspicious, and both had targets on their back. Lucanosa pleaded for her life, while Tensu remained silent and contemplative.

The town searched the two, and on Tensu found the evidence they needed. A smoking gun. With no doubt in their minds, the townies brought Tensu up to the gallows to be hung. Only at their dismay to find Tensu bleeding Blue blood.

Tensu's role
Dolby said:
Vigilante
You were a vigilante willing to take justice into your own hands. Originally hunting down Dolby for his crimes against humanity, you ended up trapped within his mafia game. You have a new purpose now, defeat the mafia and escape. Once during the game, you may shoot a player. This shot can be blocked, in which case it is refunded, or healed, in which case it is not.

You win once the mafia and all hostile parties have been eliminated

You have 24 hours to submit night actions, this is a change of a half hour due to my schedule.

You have

To submit night actions, should you choose

c6bf9b08586c241b021dd04c204b7a85.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

off to a good start

wow sHOCKER

gg but I'm really don't mind being out. Everyone's being way too pushy and dramatic and I thought it'd be chill like last game. I'm surprised I was still assumed scum, I tried to be as open as possible with my posts which resulted in the mistypings. Hopefully this sheds some light on who the maf is. Good luck!

- - - Post Merge - - -

well tensu should be here defending themselves but it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen so byeee

bye feliciaa

I really wish I had said something way earlier, but anyway here are the votes

Tensu-(5)
Glow
Toadsworthy
Heyden
Ness
Zendal

Okay but Tensu is obvious town. I'm fine with Lucanosa because it will get us decent info. Tensu is a waste of a lynch. Also most of the people who have played mafia around here for awhile know I'm obvious town at this point.

@Bold - Lol

@Rest of the post - I never said I agreed with the Tensu lynch; I voted No Lynch because I didn't agree with it. You're changing the subject, doing nothing to address why you're trying to lead a new lynch train.

~~~

I'm not surprised that Tensu flipped Town; there was really no reason to lynch them, considering everything with those contradictions was explained. The people who voted Tensu just kind of decided not to back off, and I think it should be something to be noted looking forward.

Luca's Doctor claim seems incredibly convenient; it's something that can't really be confirmed easily. It's something to watch, but not necessarily back down from pressure just because Doctor is an "important" role. I see way too often that people love to back away because they think losing the Doctor is basically a death sentence for Town. If I may be honest, Doctor is actually pretty weak compared to many other PRs, so losing one isn't necessarily a huge blow.

I really wish I had said something way earlier, but anyway here are the votes

Tensu-(5)
Glow
Toadsworthy
Heyden
Ness
Zendal
I don't blame Ness or Zendal, it was a matter of voting the doctor or someone who wouldn't speak up, half the player list didn't vote anyway so the D1 votes don't really prove much imo

I was so sure that Tensu was stuttering scum. Geez, I really do not know what I am doing.

And this is what happens, ladies and gentlemen, when you host Bayonetta-themed Mafias! People survive!

Anyway, good going. We're one step closer to death and destruction. I'm here for it.

@Trundle: I like to think that I've gotten the grasp of mafia since we last played together. After Overwatch mafia I started speaking with other people to try and see how I could play better as town. I took the advice I was given and I've developed a playstyle in which you focus on someone and ask them a plethora of questions and looking into getting them lynched. It has worked fairly successfully so far, in the two games I've used it in I've successfully managed to find a scum through it (albeit, I've usually died before they got lynched but it still works).

In Dethy 7 (This was before overwatch mafia, but I like to think I've perfected the way I used it more since than)I was correct when I used it against Heyden, and while he didn't get lynched (he killed me before I could push a lynch on him the next day phase) I did really well in assessing him. In the last game (Bayonetta 2) I used it against Primarina, and I was correct about him being scum as well.

You're saying I make dumb mistakes that make people want to lynch me. It's a bit contradictory for you to be saying that, given you voted Nightmares and saying you were just throwing random crap around to search for reactions, yet when I did basically the same thing on D1 of Overwatch mafia by voting for you(Which you called me out on) I was lynched for it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

^I'm a bit rusty with what happened on Overwatch mafia, I just remembered I wasn't lynched lol. I was certain scrutinized for it though.

I'm sorry I missed the voting, my girlfriend came over for a few hours. Would've probably voted for Bowie anyway.

Anyway Heyden is obviously scum

@Trundle: I like to think that I've gotten the grasp of mafia since we last played together. After Overwatch mafia I started speaking with other people to try and see how I could play better as town. I took the advice I was given and I've developed a playstyle in which you focus on someone and ask them a plethora of questions and looking into getting them lynched. It has worked fairly successfully so far, in the two games I've used it in I've successfully managed to find a scum through it (albeit, I've usually died before they got lynched but it still works).

In Dethy 7 (This was before overwatch mafia, but I like to think I've perfected the way I used it more since than)I was correct when I used it against Heyden, and while he didn't get lynched (he killed me before I could push a lynch on him the next day phase) I did really well in assessing him. In the last game (Bayonetta 2) I used it against Primarina, and I was correct about him being scum as well.

You're saying I make dumb mistakes that make people want to lynch me. It's a bit contradictory for you to be saying that, given you voted Nightmares and saying you were just throwing random crap around to search for reactions, yet when I did basically the same thing on D1 of Overwatch mafia by voting for you(Which you called me out on) I was lynched for it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

^I'm a bit rusty with what happened on Overwatch mafia, I just remembered I wasn't lynched lol. I was certain scrutinized for it though.

What makes you feel the need to try so hard to show me your change in playstyle? If you're a town and play like town then you'll obviously look like town. Stop being stupid.

Back