• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Themeless Mafia-Mafia Win!

but even if you meant to say "let's not dismiss him, let's wait for him to answer and keep our eyes peeled"

how is that any better. you say that you weren't defending him but i don't believe you, i feel like you're just backtracking now

but even if that WAS your intention with that sentence, i don't see it as any better. it just looks like an attempt to throw words out there, words that really don't have any meaning or pursue any reads. i don't really see any motivation behind it.

It wasn't really intended to be meaningful as it was really just a reply to Nightmares's post.

It wasn't really intended to be meaningful as it was really just a reply to Nightmares's post.

it's like you just wanted to seem like you were doing something helpful when you weren't doing anything

who are you planning on voting?

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh you already voted LOL

i knew you'd vote bowie, you can't vote nightmares because you'd be backtracking again

- - - Post Merge - - -

what i liked about bowies response is that they didn't seem to care whether or not they're townread, and they're sort of unapologetic about their (albeit bad) tunnel on night

Posting once =/= Having a reason for suspicion. Just because someone has posted less than someone else doesn't give said person impunity.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Nightmares

???

What?

- - - Post Merge - - -

To the question mark 9nkean

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean

1. Bowie
2. Jacob
3. Uttumori
4. Ness
5. Byngo
6. Toadsworthy
7. Zendal
8. Hayden
9. Tensu
10. Nightmares
11. Mogyay
12. Primarina
13. Apple2013
14. xCleb
15. glow
16. Lucanosa

the ones marked in gray i dont think have alignment told this game

COLOR="#008000"]Town[/COLOR]

Glow - Very concentrated on Tensu at the moment, contributing helpful info and is following the general consensus.

Ness - Ness has been town in every mafia game I have played and he has always focused on me to get more information from me. He is doing the same right now.

Null

Cleb - The only thing that is notable is the RQS but he has said the he doesn't like answering them in other games so that leaves him in the dark. He defended Bowie, Bowie has a lot against him and if it turns out that he's scum then it won't look to hood for Cleb and I'll definitely be more focused on him.

Primarina - WAAAAY too defensive at the beginning, he thought people were going to vote for him and everything. Primarina acted like this in the game I was playing with him so it doesn't look too good. On the other hand he could just be a noob who is overly defensive like Nightmares. Take a chill pill and if I'm being honest you are doing more damage by defending yourself, like way worse.

Nightmares - She may have made that joke to blend in, she also added my name into the joke possibly as a way to put me into the spotlight. Think about it, if she is scum she would be caught out some time so why not add another player's name to the joke so they will be targeted next?
I don't know if this is a reaction test or not but we'll see, she also got incredibly defensive so that is something to think about. She was less defensive in the game I played with here and she was scum, she was also more quite and careful too and I'm sure she wouldn't make a joke that dumb if she was scum, I'm null on Nightmares as of now.

Heyden - I had a hypothetical read on him which you can see in the previous pages but he has come out and clarified so I don't know anymore.

Uttumori - Who? No but seriously though, Uttumori is easily one of the most active members on the entire forum so I find it kind of weird that she has barely posted, She usually asks questions and tackles into people when playing mafia.

Jacob - Nothing stands out.

Apple - Apple is being pretty weird this game, he is spewing crap everywhere "to get reactions" and to be frank I don't feel like this is enough to form an opinion as both townies and mafia can do this. He hasn't posted since 10:41pm even though he was online until 6am or so.

Lucanosa - Not enough to go off.

Bowie - I'm actually really conflicted and I don't know what to think.

Mogyay - I really don't know.

Scum

Byngo - Pointed the finger at Jacob and didn't back up her reasoning, strange. The first post she made today was defending Tensu as well, again strange. Pointing the finger is common amongst mafia and Tensu is probably the most sus at the moment so it is pretty likely that Byngo is scum in my opinion.

Tensu - He's getting into bother for his awkward wording, contradictions and "defence" of Cleb. He is also more defensive this time, like really defensive. He wasn't like this when I played with him and he was town so I think he may be scum. If he is scum so is Cleb.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Town was meant to be dark green but I took out the left bracket for some reason, //sigh//

i think if tensu is mafia then mog/luca/or both is their partner off interactions

i meant to put a note next to hayden. hayden's posts independently i think are sort of off, but i don't see him as teamed with tensu at this point so there's that

lucanosa went for a post earlier that was an attempt to go "against the grain" but it was just an awkward defense of tensu, when tensu hasn't really done enough to defend. he then threw out a weak read out on me and a couple others?? so i'll just scumread him back until he explains it

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh right, byngo defended tensu as well but i think it was pretty authentic and i don't think her fos on jacob is misplaced at all

authenticity is the difference between luca's defense and byngo's defense of tensu

I forgot about Toad.

I think he's town, not much difference from his usual town play to be honest.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i think if tensu is mafia then mog/luca/or both is their partner off interactions

i meant to put a note next to hayden. hayden's posts independently i think are sort of off, but i don't see him as teamed with tensu at this point so there's that

lucanosa went for a post earlier that was an attempt to go "against the grain" but it was just an awkward defense of tensu, when tensu hasn't really done enough to defend. he then threw out a weak read out on me and a couple others?? so i'll just scumread him back until he explains it

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh right, byngo defended tensu as well but i think it was pretty authentic and i don't think her fos on jacob is misplaced at all

authenticity is the difference between luca's defense and byngo's defense of tensu

Yeah..

Why are you scum leaning for Jacob?

umm i think i'm mixing people up. luca actually didn't say anything about tensu. he asked a question directed at two random people about what they thought of tensu, and that struck me as odd but its not a defense.

morning people, sorry for being inactive yesterday, I spent the day at a gem and mineral show.

I read through the thread entirely, and rn I'm working on reads. But atm I'm sus of heyden, bowie, and glow the most (I'll clarify why in the reads)

also TEA/BYNGO GET Y'ALLS ASSES IN HERE I WANNA SEE U BE ACTIVE
And what are y'alls (@Tea/Byngo) opinions on Tensu's slip up??

this is the post i had in mind. why even ask people a question that you haven't answered yourself

umm i think i'm mixing people up. luca actually didn't say anything about tensu. he asked a question directed at two random people about what they thought of tensu, and that struck me as odd but its not a defense.

this is the post i had in mind. why even ask people a question that you haven't answered yourself

That's actually a good point, I think Tensu is a safe vote for now.

why glow? cause ive not commented on them? imo i dont think tensu is scum, i think for tensu they were trying to be the good guy for the sake of being the good guy (as in i think there post defending them wasnt necessary they just wanted to look understanding) which i think is useless but i dont think there's anything behind it. could be wrong but im null/town leaning them

Sorry for being so inactive, some unexpected mother's day plans just popped up, I'll be posting more soon

i feel like you were trying to pocket her, which basically is something mafia does when they townread a player that's getting dogpiled on. you pushed on bowie for pushing on lani, which looks like chainsawing

here, this'll help explain what i'm saying

Chainsaw Defense (Tarhalindur Version)
The general form of this tell is "a player who defends another player by attacking the other player's attacker is very probably scum".

The key to identifying this tell is intent - it is possible to confuse Chainsaw Defense with a player who simply finds the attacker scummy and has no intent of defense. In general, you can be reasonably sure that this tell is involved if a) the player supposedly using Chainsaw Defense has not previously been especially critical of the player he is now attacking, and b) the player supposedly using Chainsaw Defense seems to find the player he is supposedly defending at least reasonably pro-town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tarhalindur_Standard_Tells

morning people, sorry for being inactive yesterday, I spent the day at a gem and mineral show.

I read through the thread entirely, and rn I'm working on reads. But atm I'm sus of heyden, bowie, and glow the most (I'll clarify why in the reads)

also TEA/BYNGO GET Y'ALLS ASSES IN HERE I WANNA SEE U BE ACTIVE
And what are y'alls (@Tea/Byngo) opinions on Tensu's slip up??

> makes first post
> calls out inactives after being inactive and still hasn't contributed

i feel like you were trying to pocket her, which basically is something mafia does when they townread a player that's getting dogpiled on. you pushed on bowie for pushing on lani, which looks like chainsawing

The general form of this tell is "a player who defends another player by attacking the other player's attacker is very probably scum".

The key to identifying this tell is intent - it is possible to confuse Chainsaw Defense with a player who simply finds the attacker scummy and has no intent of defense. In general, you can be reasonably sure that this tell is involved if a) the player supposedly using Chainsaw Defense has not previously been especially critical of the player he is now attacking, and b) the player supposedly using Chainsaw Defense seems to find the player he is supposedly defending at least reasonably pro-town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ah ok, i haven't heard of that term before and it sounds slightly convoluted tbh haha. but i see where you're coming from and how it looks. i just thought that bowie's reasons for suspecting lani were dumb, that's where my 'push' came from, i hadn't been critical of bowie before simply because it's day one

- - - Post Merge - - -

If this is what you believe to be true, why do you still have Lani on town-lean? If I'm a maf defending Lani it'd only make sense that she's maf as well. If I'm town, wouldn't it make sense Lani is town as well? Why would a maf defend a townie or a townie defend a maf? It sounds pretty inconsistent to me at least

ah ok, i haven't heard of that term before and it sounds slightly convoluted tbh haha. but i see where you're coming from and how it looks. i just thought that bowie's reasons for suspecting lani were dumb, that's where my 'push' came from, i hadn't been critical of bowie before simply because it's day one

oh my post was directed to tensu, not u

Back