• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Themeless Mafia-Mafia Win!

I have no thoughts on anyone as of yet. I'm really just guessing at this point. If I really thought someone was Mafia, I'd have voted by now.
See the hard thing about mafia is that you're never really going to be certain when someone actually is mafia for the first couple cycles, unless theres a slip somewhere. You can pick apart people's RQS or one lined answers on the first day, but there won't ever be any actual discussion unless you can point some sort of suspicion or thoughts on someone.
Now if you were a town player, it really shouldn't be that hard to post what your thoughts are, you don't have anything to hide or hold back. But if you were mafia... having "genuine" thoughts on someone really can be difficult...

Of course if you've been playing with people in the game from before you can apply META which is basing their activity in this game in comparison to previous games you've both been in. This really helps out when you're lost and is generally the reason why veterans can play the game under less stress.

That being said, through Bowie's inability to think of some idea or gut feeling on a player in the game is really off-putting and makes me want to classify him as scum-lean.
Going off META: Ness and glow both check out so I am town-leaning them, but Hayden on the other hand is sending me different more serious vibes, so I will be scum-leaning him as well.

I understand your point of view. I'm gonna do the obvious thing and deny I'm Mafia, but you can't help the way you feel!

The only person who I think has a possibility of being scum is Heyden. The way he went against Primarina seemed too aggressive for me and I feel like Primarina's reaction was exactly what he wanted, for all we know Heyden could have read over Primarina's other games and realized how defensive Primarina can be, making him an easy target. 1. Primarina gets very defensive and I've noticed this, it can be a sign of a struggle because the townies are pressuring him. (Something you often do Ness, pressure people) Heyden may have seen this in his previous games and want to place the attention on a newer and more defensive player because when Primarina tries to defend himself he makes himself look even worse in my opinion. And the exchange between those two is evident of this. (Sorry if I offend you Prima but it's just my opinion, don't take it to heart as it is subjective)

This is hypothetically of course, as I don't know if Heyden read over Primarina's other games and realized how easy he is to set off.
But even then the way he placed the attention on Primarina seems odd, it is apparent that Prima is new and more experienced scum mafia players will more likely than not try to put the attention and pressure on newer players at the beginning of a game so they aren't the ones in the spot light, of course.
You're missing the point. The question was to guess the above person's alignment, mine being Prima, so I put my genuine opinion forward. I didn't choose to push for Prima, he was just the person above me and I only bit back because he thought I was calling him scum and got pretty defensive for no reason which only made me more provocative towards him lol. And no, I've barely touched the Bayonetta mafia threads bc it's confusing af to read if you didn't play imo.

I'm long gone from Prima anyway, I'd much rather maybe Luca/Bowie/Tensu

@Jacob ouch :(

I don't mean to be defensive but my Bayonetta-themed Mafia was actually the first time I had anything to do with Mafia at all, and actually introduced a lot of new players to the Mafia scene. Can't have been that confusing to newbies after all!

Tensu is a town lean for me - they didn't try and force that Cleb was scum, and said we should give it more time, which seems like a Townie thing to do. They also defended me, and if we were mafia that would've been a dumb move...
Bowie is...idk.... I felt they possibly bandwaggoned a bit on the whole "joke" thing. The "Nightmares is definitely at the top of my list so far" seemed a bit extreme, but I guess we're trying to grasp at anything rn? D1 is always the most awkward...so...
"I don't really understand why anyone who wasn't Mafia would take the risk of making a joke like that if it could be so easily misinterpreted." I said it for the bAnTer, and I didn't really think it would be /that/ much of an issue - I didn't think anyone would actually be sus of me because of that, because it was obviously a joke...
glow rn is a Town lean, as they didn't give my joke too much thought and said I was obviously town (thanks lmao). They also have been contributing fairly well, and tbh nothing stands out at me as sus...so town for now
Ness is just a bit weird but tbh, I don't think we should question some things too much - he played the last game the same way and he was town...
He's also been pushing Tensu for thoughts, and idrk why exactly - I feel as mafia you wouldn't have much to gain from that? However something just feels off about him, but nothing stands out at me crazily, so I'm going will null
Tea / Toad / Luca 'ello?

Btw, sorry for talking about myself so much, I just thought it was relevant! I'd be saying the same stuff if it was another player who made The Joke

You're missing the point. The question was to guess the above person's alignment, mine being Prima, so I put my genuine opinion forward. I didn't choose to push for Prima, he was just the person above me and I only bit back because he thought I was calling him scum and got pretty defensive for no reason which only made me more provocative towards him lol. And no, I've barely touched the Bayonetta mafia threads bc it's confusing af to read if you didn't play imo.

I'm long gone from Prima anyway, I'd much rather maybe Luca/Bowie/Tensu

@Jacob ouch :(

Oh right right right

My post was hypothetical, as I'm not sure about anyone at the moment.

This is a long post, because I don't have time to be here for extended amounts of time as I help my roommates move and work, although I may pop in to vote based on what goes on today. Sorry for the text wall, but I hope this generates discussion for us for the day.

Primarina was the first person we all got sussed about, but as glow pointed out they reak of town and I couldn't agree more. Look at Primarina in the last Bayonetta game when they were mafia and as soon as someone pushed him on something specific, he didn't respond and just avoided it. While it is still early, and because you were doing scummy stuff technically but I see it as town-isa, I have you null now.

I think Cleb was next, and if you knew avoiding questions would look bad and we'd question you... like why do it? I mean maybe thats your form of reaction testing? to see who would take the bait early? its not something that seems scummy to me, because I expected it with you, but why waste our time with something you know is gonna cause a problem...

Nightmares' joke was poorly executed and I took it for face value, but your reaction was super defensive. At first I felt bad because it seemed like a town reaction but some of the wording of it was just off. "If I was mafia..." and then you shoved all the focus onto talking about how you town lean Tensu and null cleb, which I also thought was weird. I would scum lean you right now, your reads aren't too strong since your only scum read is a Bowie based on OMGUS from you posted.... I get bandwagoning, but we will talk about Bowie too

Ness has been very forward and aggressive this whole time. I've seen scum and scum hunting things from you, so I'm confused... For example you push some of the people to try to get good reactions from them, but then at times you are just like... "cmon ask me anything" which I notice some mafia will do. I want to go look at examples of you being scum vs you being town in order to get a better grasp on the whole thing. I've got my eye on you, but you are null

Glow and apple to me are pretty good town leans. They have their own styles of playing, and for the time being seem to be acting just like I would expect. At least hope you are on town because your scum hunting is more effective.

I don't know why people are so suspicious of Bowie, the person to post rqs trying to blend in is a fair assessment, I'd be lying to say I haven't thought that way. I posted it though because I thought this game might be slow.... lord was I wrong... and I wanted something down to keep people from posting once with little information and disappearing. Other than that, at least you have pointed a finger so far. Most mafia don't have a backbone on day 1 to call someone out like you did on Nightmares, especially someone new to playing mafia rather than hosting. I have you as null

If I did have to vote right this second, I would probably say Tensu. Just because you didn't force cleb doesn't get you off the hook... in fact looking at your posts, you never really ask people anything, you just kind of are there. the only person you showed a scum opinion on was Bowie... and honestly it was weak. You brought it up for discussion, but phrased it like you want someone else to make a more valid point so you couldn't be held liable. The other thing is that bowie pointed a finger at Nightmares, who is town leaning you despite other people being sus of you, so you pointed the blame at bowie a little bit, there is a weird dynamic there where if you two are scum partners looks like you are trying to help each other... since you are two newer players, I could definitely see you two doing stuff like that. However nightmares did the same thing to Corrie last time, where Nightmares was scum and corrie was town. All your other posts are just fluff, yet you have made quite a lot of posts.

The other people are nulls because they haven't given me enough and voting inactivity is never good day 1
Byngo, Cleb, Mog, Uttumori, but I will sus the heck out of you from here on out because you were so quiet on day 1!

again sorry I was quiet, but day 1 is very hit or miss anyway

- - - Post Merge - - -

cute tags.... "vote toadsworthy" lol

I feel like I don't exist in this game.

crap I knew I would forget some people (this game is bigger than one I've been in recently... however I agree with Ness, your last few posts have been really good, but when Ness asked you a hard question you handled it very well. I would town lean you at the moment, you seem active and helpful so keep up the good work!

crap I knew I would forget some people (this game is bigger than one I've been in recently... however I agree with Ness, your last few posts have been really good, but when Ness asked you a hard question you handled it very well. I would town lean you at the moment, you seem active and helpful so keep up the good work!

Thanks Toad. ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have been noticed!

Nice tags down there.

Still can't say I know anybody to vote for yet. I would hate to waste a vote, though, so if nothing else happens I'm gonna bite the bullet and vote for Nightmares out of pure instinct. I doubt I'll be right in doing that, but I don't think no lynch is a good idea.

honestly I'm not buying into tensu being scum, I'm seeing her more as noob town

which, being a noob, she's an easy push so I question some of the people that have her as their top sus

I'm not sure why the contradiction in my posts are making me suspicious. It still doesn't change the point I was trying to get across and it certainly doesn't change my opinion of cleb now. I'll have to read over the recent posts to get a general opinion of everyone. I also am wondering why Uttumori, Byngo, and Lucanosa have been so quiet.

which, being a noob, she's an easy push so I question some of the people that have her as their top sus

Well who DO you think is scum leaning right now?

thanks I think? I'm a guy btw

Back