• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing: City Folk & Wii U

KLWunicorns

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
My mother is talking about buying the Wii U and I love the animal crossing series. But will I be able to play Animal Crossing: City Folk on the Wii U. And If I can do I have to buy anything special?

You can play it, but I'm 99% sure you'll need a Wii remote.

I also recall that you can't see the games on your GamePad.

You can play it, but I'm 99% sure you'll need a Wii remote.

I also recall that you can't see the games on your GamePad.

Yes you will need a Wii Remote. You can play Wii games on a Gamepad, but solely as a screen. The buttons won't work to control any Wii games unfortunately so you need a Wii Remote regardless if you play on a TV or on the Gamepad.

City Folk on WiiU has amazing graphics. It just looks better, especially if you're just a few feet away from the TV.

It l's fun to play if you keep it light without big expectations - you're not Mayor - in a way you're going back in a "simpler" time when Tortimer is mayor.

Have fun, plant trees, go to the City. Talk to the villagers a bit, go fishing.

Hope you Have fun!! :)

Do any of you still play city folk....and how would i get my id code from my wii...to add friends? Or does it not work the same way as on animal crossin new leaf??? Lmk thanks

Do any of you still play city folk....and how would i get my id code from my wii...to add friends? Or does it not work the same way as on animal crossin new leaf??? Lmk thanks

Sadly, the Nintendo Wii can no longer connect to the Internet, so you can't play with any friends online. :(

Back