Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia General Discussion

The Internet seems to think that Clair is a burden and horrible unit but she actually does really well for me? I gave her the ridersbane and she has decent attack and the highmovwment and lack of enemies with anti-fliers makes her really useful for me
Clair is one of the best on Alm's squad for me. Mine has great speed, attack, luck, and decent defense and skill.

i've enjoyed this game a lot more than fates and awakening so far, but ive been stuck on berkut's boss battle for a week....i love fe but im not. great at it.

So I bought the Cipher characters oops. Plan on training Randal first and have Shade glued to him and see how many levels she can reasonably get from healing. Later I'll give Emma a go.
What do you use Yuzu for though lol, 4 movement and only 3 spells for a mage (2 of those spells are obtainable by ANYONE as a mage, male and female) spells trouble for her. She could maybe do something with the Ladyblade, but with 4 movement why not just use another Dread Fighter? Use her as a mage, but why when powerhouses like Delthea and Sonya already exist, plus you're forced to use Celica so ye. Maybe you'd need to waste a valuable pitchfork on her but I'd rather save them for other characters that I know have some use.

Speaking of the pitchfork, what 3 want to use it the most? I've heard mostly about Lukas and Forsyth and I am thinking about Forsyth (have fun with that garbage movement and horrid res in the lategame Barons) but idk what I should make him if I do reclass him. Maybe another archer? My only 3 rn are Python, Leon, and Atlas. Python is godlike, Leon was amazing in Celica's route but became hot garbage immediately after the final boss, and Atlas has just been a mess since recruitment. So yeah, I'd want someone to tag along with Python, and Forsyth and Python joined the Deliverance together yadda yadda yadda perfect duo, so it'd sorta be a thematic fit as well I guess? Also heavily considering using one on Tobin because I made the tragic mistake of making him a Paladin and wow he's awful. So maybe he should be an archer as well. idk. Gimme your helpful suggestions.

Last edited:
Berkut is BEAUTIFUL!
Also, this game is on par with Fates and beats Awakening out of the water.

I purchased the season pass, thus getting all the DLC.

Grinding for experience and gold has never been easier. I've forged a majority of my weapons into silver weapons and made a few killer bows for my archers.

The 2 DLC dungeons are great for obtaining weapons and food. I've got a few blessed lances and other great weapons from my last raids.

The new altars that promote the new classes are amazing. Any Priestess immediately learns Mire and Death after promoting to Enchantress. Spartans have a chance of blocking physical attacks. Falcon Knights learn magic after promoting to Harrier.

.The new altars that promote the new classes are amazing. Any Priestess immediately learns Mire and Death after promoting to Enchantress. Spartans have a chance of blocking physical attacks. Falcon Knights learn magic after promoting to Harrier.

Okay so since I can't find much about the Overclasses online I'll ask you. What are the special bonuses that each one gets? I know all of them get some stat boosts; that info I found pretty easily. But what's special about them? I know the Priestess overclass grants the 2 spells that you mentioned, Celica's gives her Aura (lol), Sages get Conjure but with a confusing name, Bow Knights gain even more bow range, and Dread Fighter's gain Tri-Affliction. Didn't know the bit about Spartan blocking attacks. But what do Alm's and Cavalry's overclasses give them? And the Saint overclass gives them more spells to abuse I'm guessing?

Last edited:
Okay so since I can't find much about the Overclasses online I'll ask you. What are the special bonuses that each one gets? I know all of them get some stat boosts; that info I found pretty easily. But what's special about them? I know the Priestess overclass grants the 2 spells that you mentioned, Celica's gives her Aura (lol), Sages get Conjure but with a confusing name, Bow Knights gain even more bow range, and Dread Fighter's gain Tri-Affliction. Didn't know the bit about Spartan blocking attacks. But what do Alm's and Cavalry's overclasses give them? And the Saint overclass gives them more spells to abuse I'm guessing?

Alm's overclass gives him more bow range, the Calvary overclass offers additional movement and the Saint overclass adds a new spell and skill.

Back