• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia General Discussion

Holla

Easter Moon
Cherry 🍒
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
IMG_5949.jpg

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is remake of the second game in the series Fire Emblem Gaiden that never realeased outside of Japan in 1992. The remake came out last month for Japan, but comes out on May 19th for Europe and North America and I believe May 20th for those in Australia.

What you do you guys think of the game pre-release? Do you like the old concepts being brought back such as no Weapon triangle? Post-release details can be discussed in here as well but please use spoilers if talking about anything that could ruin the game for someone who hasn't gotten as far.

I'm personally looking forward to it. I like the idea of remakes, especially ones we never had the original of to begin with. Staying true to the old mechanics of the original will take some getting used to, but I don't mind a bit of a change compared to the recent games. I already pre-purchased and pre-downloaded my copy. Just patiently waiting for the 19th. :)

Last edited:
I'm so pumped for this game. I preordered the Limited Edition once it became available. I'm looking forward to using the amiibos and seeing what they unlock.

Im getting it for sure. I think I wanna play Alm's route first though im not sure. I love the characters' art style. Dungeon crawling seems the most interesting and I also think theres fatigue mechanics, hopefully theres more varying objectives.

I am hyped for this, mostly because of the free roaming and how ya know,,,,,you dont have to pay,,,,for,,,both,,,stories,,,

it seems very nonlinear and i am hyped for it.

So hyped for this!!
I'm getting the limited edition because of the art book which I'm really looking forward to flipping through.

...And of course the game, Awaking was the first fire emblem game I played so I'm looking forward to playing a remake of one of the older ones.

Only a couple more days until release guys! ^_^ I can't wait.

So hyped for this!!
I'm getting the limited edition because of the art book which I'm really looking forward to flipping through.

...And of course the game, Awaking was the first fire emblem game I played so I'm looking forward to playing a remake of one of the older ones.

There's more to the LE besides the artbook, you know. Alm and Cecilia amiibos, a soundtrack CD, 3 pins, a steelbook case, the artbook and of course, the game itself.

One. More. Day. The wait is killing me.

There's more to the LE besides the artbook, you know. Alm and Cecilia amiibos, a soundtrack CD, 3 pins, a steelbook case, the artbook and of course, the game itself.

One. More. Day. The wait is killing me.

This is true, though the North American LE doesn't include the Amiibo for some reason. I've heard the NA LE is cheaper though so that's likely why. Just have to buy the Amiibo separate for those who want them and the LE in North America.

I went with pre-prechasing the game and pre-downloading it instead. As nice as the LE would be I can't really afford it. That and I hope to find one of the Amiibo packs in store tomorrow if possible.

The game just released on the NA eshop and I'm wondering if I should download it now or wait a bit.

I stopped by Target earlier and decided to pick this up. This is exactly what I wanted the game to be like so far oml
I've just completed Alm's first chapter, so time to swap over to Celica and commence the B•O•A•T M•A•P•S
I've looked up 1 thing online so far and that was when to promote units. The general answer I found was to wait until level 10 for villagers, otherwise promote them ASAP. However since Alm's team is just a huge collection of villagers, I ended up promoting them all at around level 7-9. I made Kliff and Faye Mages, Gray a Mercenary, and Tobin a Cavalier. KLIFF AND FAYE SLAY NOW IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY. Gray feels glass cannon-ish now which isn't a bad thing by any means. Tobin feels the same but just a bit better.
I skipped Python because iirc characters you don't recruit with Alm can be later recruited by Celica, so I'm giving him to her (I only know the first chapter and half of the second of Gaiden so I'm mostly playing blind).
Playing on Normal/Classic btw, permadeath is one of FE's basics, but I want to just play for the story and experience of the game first even though I could probably handle hard. I've used the rewind clock thing once so far but that was because an enemy got a crit and killed Kliff when he should've survived so ye.

Undecided whether to buy this game or not. I loved Awakening but didn't play Fates because of the reviews. Was very interested in Shadows of Valentia but apparently the maps aren't that great, so eh... Might have to flip a coin to really decide, LOL.

i'm going to have to sit on buying the game for now, don't have money & i'm incredibly busy this time of year, so i won't have time to play or i will be distracted. i plan on buying it in the summer, but for now i'm going to just sit.

I'm currently playing on Classic Normal for my first play through. I'm not exactly new to the series, but I wouldn't call myself a veteran either. After seeing how my Normal play through goes I may attempt a save on hard.

So far I'm really liking the game. It's a bit different but I like it when things get changed up a bit. The story also has me very interested. Can't wait to see how the rest of the game turns out!

I purchased the Limited Edition version of the game, and I have to say, I'm quite pleased! I haven't played much of the game yet, but I really have enjoyed myself so far. I'm also a huge sucker for anything that includes an art book, especially anime-style art.

Undecided whether to buy this game or not. I loved Awakening but didn't play Fates because of the reviews. Was very interested in Shadows of Valentia but apparently the maps aren't that great, so eh... Might have to flip a coin to really decide, LOL.

The story of Fates is a bit meh,and certain features feel shoehorned in because they were popular in Awakening, but the Conquest maps are definitely more interesting than the maps in Awakening. I'm still far more attached to Awakening because I connected with Chrom and Robin more than any character in Fates, though, so I can understand.

I just started act 4, quite enjoying the game so far!
Villager reclasses:
Faye - Mage
Kliff - Mage
Tobin - Soldier
Gray - Mercenary

I am quite fond of how they all play with these classes. I also tried Kliff as a Cavalier and Tobin as an archer and found mage and soldier to be much more effective

anyone know any way to boost my team? idk where to grind and plus my teams kinda weak on celicas side. i have like a rating of 761 while on alm i have like 1000. any help?

anyone know any way to boost my team? idk where to grind and plus my teams kinda weak on celicas side. i have like a rating of 761 while on alm i have like 1000. any help?

I keep batting enemies that appear on the map and in dungeons.

Mae is totally badass once she learns Aura and she's one of my main Terror killers. I promoted her to Priestess and now she's even more badass. I made Atlas a Cavalier and later into a Paladin. Valbar is pretty tough too. I promoted him from Knight to Baron and he's pretty much unstoppable, unless he's targeted by magic.

Back