• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

leif's special fertilizer

Charcolor

icon: mayor maker by kyoosh
Bells
Switch
4805-1672-6310
Yellow Lily
Yellow Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
a couple days ago, i got a letter from leif. it really surprised me because i don't remember ever getting a letter from him in the 2+ years i've played. it came with fertilizer and in the letter leif said it could restore dead trees. i just so happened to have a dead tree that i hadn't had time to cut down, so i decided to try it.

i thought maybe leif was fibbing, but it worked! the dead tree has leaves again. the perfect oranges are still gone, but i'm sure they'll grow back soon.
does anyone know what triggered that? i don't remember anything significant happening. i buy fertilizer for my hybrids every day, so maybe if you buy a certain amount of fertilizer you get it...

I think that the fruit will regrow as normal fruit, and no longer be perfect, if you revive a dead tree with fertiliser. This is a new thing that came with the Welcome amiibo update :)

I got fertilizer from Leif in the mail also. I believe that's triggered by buying a lot (how much, I have no clue) of shrubs, etc. It was in the only town that has a LOT of plants in secret storage awaiting some future plan that now escapes me..... EDIT: I haven't used the fertilizer. Does anyone know if it is a one-time use or multiple?

Last edited:
I got some in the mail a few weeks ago, buried it near a dead perfect fruit tree, it revived the tree and a few days later, the tree produced fruit, but not perfect fruit. (You are right, Arize!)

My understanding is that all fertilizer will do that now, but that I did not try. I think I will! Let you know tomorrow!
```````````````
Well, the tree is alive today! I just used fertilizer, so my theory is proven! Aren't I scientific?

PS Sorry, hoodathotit, my mayor of my 2 month old town got the fertilizer in the mail from Leif, as well as the mayor of my one year old town. That theory is blown!

Nope, it's not about buying fertilizer, either, because my new town doesn't have any to buy.

BUT...it might be about how much fertilizer is USED. I bought like 50 fertilizers a while back and have been using them almost daily in both towns. What say you?

Last edited:
It must be triggered by having a tree die - maybe your first? I've not bought any fertilizer from Leif whatsoever, I just got one in the post this morning after having my first tree die yesterday.

I think it is something new with the update because I got mine in the mail the day after the update or something like that, like for sure the week of the update. So I know it's new with the update, just not sure if that's the trigger or not.

I've had him send fertiliser in the mail before, but like Kaydee it as a couple days after the update had came out.
So it must be with the update?

On a similar note, villagers are always sending my hybrids in the mail? Especially black cosmos haha. Have they always done that?
I'm assuming that's something new in he update too!

I haven't yet shook a perfect fruit tree to death, but it looks like what everyone has said.

Side note: I thought we were going to discuss what the fertilizer is made out of or who made it!

I've had him send fertiliser in the mail before, but like Kaydee it as a couple days after the update had came out.

On a similar note, villagers are always sending my hybrids in the mail? Especially black cosmos haha. Have they always done that?

I love when my villagers send hybrids in the mail! They write that they have been growing it and nurturing it for a long time or something along those lines, lol. And btw they have always done that even before the update :>

I just went into my spare game that has a few dead trees, I planted normal fertiliser and then time travelled a week and it grew back in to a tree but not a fruit tree that was there originally (it was a perfect orange before)

Never had this happen with me and I've had plenty of dead trees. I daresay that it's from buying from the gardening shop a bunch.

Muffy sent me pink lilies at random one time. Uchi villagers tend to send you hybrids through mail.

Yeah, Leif sends fertilizer whenever a perfect fruit tree dies. One of my perfect peach trees died and the next day every character in my town received fertilizer from Leif.

I got fertilizer from Leif in the mail also. I believe that's triggered by buying a lot (how much, I have no clue) of shrubs, etc. It was in the only town that has a LOT of plants in secret storage awaiting some future plan that now escapes me..... EDIT: I haven't used the fertilizer. Does anyone know if it is a one-time use or multiple?

Fertilizer is a one time use. If you bury it, it'll be gone the next day.

Side note: I thought we were going to discuss what the fertilizer is made out of or who made it!
Leif makes it, he calls it special fertilizer.

Yes, if you have a dead perfect tree, after the amiibo update, Leif will send you some fertilizer in the mail. It doesn't matter what level your shop is at. And the fertilizer is only a one time use. It can bring dead trees back to life, but only as normal fruit trees.

It also helps yield better results for hybrids and can regrow grass wear. Although you need a lot to regenerate the grass wear. It's kind of better/easier to just let time take its course on grass wear then to waste time with the fertilizer.

Rejuvenating a dead perfect fruit tree with fertilizer makes no sense to me. When you shake the PF tree to death, it drops one rotten fruit and two good ones. Three hacks with an axe and one scoop with a shovel and you plant one of the PFs that soon grows into a new PF tree. You end up with what you started with plus one extra PF in your pocket. I think I'll save the Bandini for experimentation with fairly exotic flower combinations. Or, with my lousy memory, forget about it until the next thread on this topic.

Back