• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Viable plot location?

Toraojou

Lady Tiger
Bells
Hi, all! I'm soft-resetting for a certain villager and was wondering if this was a viable location for their plot. I've been resetting for hours and she's going no where near this location! (I know, RNG hates me.) Am I doing it right, though? It's not too close to anything is it? 20170508_1730142.jpg

Villagers can't move on patterns anymore so maybe you can lay them out a certain why so they will move in on that spot? c:

Is there anything in front of that spot? Also, why don't you place patterns everywhere you don't want the villager to move onto and just leave that particular spot open? If it is viable, the villager will definitely move there. :)

Oh, no! I had no idea! Wow! OK! haahaahaa, oh, boy...I have so much to learn about Welcome Amiibo. ^^;;

Thank you all so much! <3

Sorry for the double post, but I had another question...do flowers work the same as tiles? I found out trees don't. She had no problem planting right in the middle of my orchard. xD Is that also why I've had trouble getting villagers in that area? I have it absolutely covered in pink roses.

Ah! Got it! Thanks, again. :)

BTW...does anyone know of an Animal Crossing: New Leaf !!Welcome Amiibo!! guide? Like, that shows all the new things you can do and all the new items you can get? (If there are any new items.) It's been two years for me... ^^;;

Take it from someone with a sad amount of experience at being a plot snob - it's easier in the long run to pattern over your entire town except for the spot(s) you want. Not every single tile, but every 2-3, since houses require a 3x3 space. It takes a while to do this and then remove them again but IMO it's less annoying than resetting when the game has dozens of location choices.

Haahaahaa! YES. That's EXACTLY what I just did. xD (I mean, every freaking square inch of my town.) Now for my other dreamies to get in their dreamy spot. <3

Last edited:
Villagers can't move on patterns anymore so maybe you can lay them out a certain why so they will move in on that spot? c:

:'< I wish I'd known that yesterday before resetting for like two hours without being able to make my villager settle on the few spots I'd have been satisfied with. I had read everywhere that villagers would settle on patterns, glad to know they changed it, I'll keep that in mind for next time, it'll spare me the pain of resetting in vain. It's so annoying when they decide to plant their house in a flower field, a forest, a path or wherever else you don't want them to.

Villager plots will take out flowers, trees, bushes, items left on the ground or buried.
Only PWP's and now also tiles/patterns (with the update) are safe.
A villager plot will take out paths/patterns if there is not enough room to place the house anywhere without doing so.

Toraojou asked if there was a WA guide (yes there are a lot of new items! so many the game offers extra storage).
This is the best info I've seen, all in one place, a lot of links within that thread, and probably links within the links!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5aucku/amiibo_update_faq/

Thank you all so much for the help! I was able to get her perfectly where I wanted. And thank you for the WA guide! I have it loaded on my phone and will view it tomorrow. ^_^

Back