• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Car accidents.

N a t

In the name of the Moon, Indeedaroo!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sheep Plush
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Yellow Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
I was in my first car accident today. Extremely minor, no one was hurt, and the cars are merely scuffed. No dents. The other driver rear ended me. However, now that I am slightly less terrified of the accident itself, I am terrified that these people will try and sue my family even though no one even needs compensation. Not me, and definitely not them. Not injuries to vehicles or people. But I'm still paranoid. She was a highschooler driving her parents car. Figures.

Anyways, anyone have any stories to share? I'm gonna be moping in bed for a while now...

i was in a very minor car accident, similar to the one u were in. a car drove into our car from behind but no one was hurt except for a sore neck and there was only a little damage to the car. my mom was really annoyed bc the guy hadnt been paying enough attention to the road and someone else drove into her from behind for the exact same reason just like 2 months before :/

I haven't been in one, but I've seen the aftermath of quite a few. Just the other day my street had to be blocked off because somebody came too fast around the corner and ended up flipping onto the roof. Nobody got injured though, and one of the passengers were more worried about some headphones that they 'won in a claw machine at Skegness'.

in 2004 i was in the 4th grade and was in a wreck where we rear ended someone and my face went into the windshield because i wasn't wearing my seatbelt. i didn't feel anything but i remember looking up and seeing glass everywhere and my face imprint was moulded into the windshield. had to ask my dad if my face was ok and it was!!! i was bleeding a bunch and went to the hospital but it was just a butt ton of minor cuts going down the bridge of my nose

I've been in several car accidents but I wasn't the one driving. The first was when I was two and apparently I flew to crash on my father's feet. No harm. One when I was in school, someone didn't make their stop and crashed into one side of the car, we had to get out through the windows, another like one year after, we drove into a streetlamp, I was sure I was going to die that time, the pole of the lamp was very close to my face. And some others with less damage...

I've only been in two, both were not my fault and only one I was driving.

The one I was driving, I was more so bumped (some scratches, no massive dents) by an ambulance. I was already running late to an appointment and it just threw me for a loop.

The other one was I was a passenger. It was super icy and this new driver approached her yield sign way to fast. My husband swerved into the other lane and smack the curb so hard his car wouldn't drive. The girl was really good, turned around, gave her information and everything. I was definitely rattled from that.

I was in a minor car accident a couple years ago with my dad when we hit a stray dog that was running across the highway in Cambodia. There's not many streetlights at night and there's LOTS of stray dogs because of the villages near by, so hitting a dog unfortunately is quite common on the roads. The dog we hit was chasing another dog further away that made it across the road. My dad kind of expected that there'd be another dog following since they come in packs, but we were already going so fast that he couldn't slow down or halt or else we'd be in a bigger accident... so like he predicted we ended up hitting the dog that ran past next. We weren't hurt but the car began smoking so we had to call a friend to come pick us up at 3am. Thankfully the people around there know not to play around the roads, but I've heard of instances where kids were sucked up by trucks driving past.. yep terrifying.

On October 8th my childhood best friend got into a really bad crash with a truck driver who was going the wrong way at a very fast speed and ended up hitting my friends car. There were 5 people in the car and all 5 teenagers died. It was heart breaking to hear and to think that I never had a change to say goodbye to him 2 years ago when I last saw him... really shows that you should always take advantage of the time you spend with people.

In January last year, my dad totaled my grandma's car, and I was in it with him.

I was in my first car accident today. Extremely minor, no one was hurt, and the cars are merely scuffed. No dents. The other driver rear ended me. However, now that I am slightly less terrified of the accident itself, I am terrified that these people will try and sue my family even though no one even needs compensation. Not me, and definitely not them. Not injuries to vehicles or people. But I'm still paranoid. She was a highschooler driving her parents car. Figures.

Anyways, anyone have any stories to share? I'm gonna be moping in bed for a while now...

They rear ended you, so its a very slim chance of them being able to sue you

I totaled my car while driving in Cincinnati OH for a grad school interview... I had to rent a car underaged (very expensive) and drive home, only to find out a few weeks later I didn't get into grad school. Then I had to get a new car... I've been in like 5 little accidents (parking garage, merging, hit a post, tapped someones bumper, mirror hit a bush).... most of which involved no one else, and been stopped twice by cops (once while DDing, another for speeding and only got a warning)

This makes me sound like a bad driver lol

I've been in two, once with my brother because we were turning on a very tight street and the other car didn't see us coming. Then I was driving with my grandma and she simply forgot to stop at a red light ( ??? yeah I know :rolleyes: ), thankfully no one was hurt in either and the damages were pretty minor.

Ah, my son's birthday was last week and the people who came to his party (my boyfriend's friends and 2 daughters, age 4 and 9) lost control if their vehicle right after leaving the party. The breaks stopped working and the emergency break also wouldn't work. They rolled down a large hill right by our house and hit 2 trees before diving off of a cliff. The car was totally smashed, but everybody got out with only minor injuries. We came to the site to make sure they were okay. The 2 young girls were hysterical, as well as one of my boyfriend's friends who has already been in another freakish car accident and has PTSD. His mom randomly had a seizure in the car and they both flew out the windshield. He was fine, but his mom had to wear a neck brace, get surgery, and her head was completely swollen for months.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They rear ended you, so its a very slim chance of them being able to sue you

I totaled my car while driving in Cincinnati OH for a grad school interview... I had to rent a car underaged (very expensive) and drive home, only to find out a few weeks later I didn't get into grad school. Then I had to get a new car... I've been in like 5 little accidents (parking garage, merging, hit a post, tapped someones bumper, mirror hit a bush).... most of which involved no one else, and been stopped twice by cops (once while DDing, another for speeding and only got a warning)

This makes me sound like a bad driver lol

Only got a warning? Wow. My boyfriend went to jail for a DUI. The cop pulled him over after he got home and was safely in the driveway...

I got a ticket for running through a YELLOW light and they did tests on me to make sure I was sober (which I absolutely was, I always am) because I was having a panic attack. If I wasn't having a panic attack and didn't have severe anxiety, I would have fought that. Because it was clearly a yellow light. I'm that person everyone beeps at because I stop as soon as the light turns yellow and nobody likes that, but yet the ONE time I didn't...

Last edited:
Thankfully never been in an accident, the closest I have been was like being a foot from a deer vs car accident when I was younger, my mom karate chopped me across the chest thinking I was going to go flying out the window when she slammed on the brakes. We were so freaking close to the deer, it was nighttime on the mountain so I mean, at least we didn't end up off the side of the mountain... The only other things that have happened were people hitting our cars and driving off, so we've gotten scrapes and even a few big dents from jerks who don't know how to drive when we've been away from the vehicle. People can be really awful sometimes.

Back