• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

crystals

BirbyBird

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
i know i cant be the only person who collects them. my most recent piece i have gotten from ebay is this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Crocoite-...882993?hash=item465fea0531:g:BVIAAOSwdGFYzgNk

hasnt arrived at my house yet though.

heres a couple pics of my current crystal collection

sorry for the bad quality they're taken with my computer since my phone isnt working
WIN_20170508_11_20_42_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170508_11_20_20_Pro.jpgWIN_20170508_11_20_03_Pro.jpg

Oh wow, those are lovely! I currently don't collect crystals as of yet, as I don't have a job at the moment, but once I do, I plan on collecting them, as well as succulent plants.

thank you! and yeah crystals are pretty expensive and some of them its so hard to find a nice piece! i would love to have a crystal of snowflake cerussite or realgar but it is so hard to find good ones

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually i have an idea. i have an actual camera and if i can find it and upload the pictures of my crystals from it onto my computer i can show you guys a much more detailed examples of the crystals i own!

- - - Post Merge - - -

P1120568.jpgP1120570.jpgP1120571.jpgP1120572.jpgP1120573.jpgP1120576.jpgP1120577.jpgP1120580.jpgP1120582.jpgP1120583.jpgP1120585.jpgP1120587.jpgP1120588.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

heres about half of my collection

Very cool collection. I have an amethyst at home but the only reason I have it is because my mother in law didn't want to haul it around anymore when she moves.

I'd like to get more but I just don't have the funds to.

I love crystals! - but not in the way you collect them. I collect them as healing stones/crystals.
I have refined and cut: amethyst, aquamarine, quartz, rose quartz. I wear quite a few around my neck :3

@soda fox amethyst is a very cool and pretty crystal i would love to see the one you have now!

@brookesierra7 oh those sound gorgeous! i've been wanting to get a few pieces for jewelry purposes such as alexandrite and citrine but well to me is that there will always be plenty of similar jewelry pieces but only a one of a kind crystal piece since they're all unqiue and you cant recreate them since they're millions of years old so like i gotta have the crystal now before someone else gets it. does that make any sense at all?

I love your collection, but the display even more! My collection is very smol, and only consists of like, one raw piece. A piece of obsidian. Everything else has been tumbled and cut and polished, but all untreated by dyes. I don't mind shaping, but any more then some touch up ruins the rock for me. I like them to be as natural as possible. I'm really tempted to buy this piece of uncut purple laboradorite I saw online. It's gorgeous!

I love your collection, but the display even more! My collection is very smol, and only consists of like, one raw piece. A piece of obsidian.

i love obsidian!!! I also really want malechite in the near future.

I forgot to mention my love for cirtine :3

I don't have any crystals, but I think they're really pretty!

I would probably like to have some healing crystals.

I love crystals! - but not in the way you collect them. I collect them as healing stones/crystals.
I have refined and cut: amethyst, aquamarine, quartz, rose quartz. I wear quite a few around my neck :3

I don't have crystals but I do wanna get some for that reason and a few other reasons to help me in life.

Anyone got any advice?

Last edited:
I have around eight or so raw crystals lying about. I mostly have sapphires, rubies, and amethysts, though I do have some moonstones. Most of my moonstones have been cut and polished, but I'm most proud of the few small white sapphires I dug up back in the mountains in an off-road mine. I paid to mine there for the whole day and found one within a few hours and can't bear to have them cut and waste any of them.

@Petey Piranha thank you!!! i agree completely natural is best for me when it comes to crystals. its a shame some sellers online try to trick people about their crystals by dying them and such. as for the uncut purple laboradorite i say go for it! you may not find another like it so its best to get it before someone else does c:

@brookesierra7 did you know that some obsidian if its cut just right will display hearts on it? heres an example of it http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-35-Rainbo...165444?hash=item464db12404:g:-GAAAOSwSclXLlof

@Bowie i say go for it! some crystals can just be very soothing to touch for me c:

@Fearthecuteness this guide may be some help for you c: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0f/44/a7/0f44a7346c1ac99086a94aea7e4c8d03.jpg

@Dogemon thats awesome! which mine was it? i would love to do something similar myself one day as i cant imagine just buying the crystals from someone else compares to finding the crystal yourself! i would also love to have some good moonstone but i cant find any nice ones online. most of the ones on ebay have been carved into shapes and i prefer the ones that are as natural as possible

I love your amethyst points! I collect rocks, minerals, and gems too- both for fun and for healing. I have a lot of rough slabs and 'specimen' quality pieces, some water-filled jars full of fire opals and random opals, and a crapton of amethyst. I just can't get enough amethyst, I don't know if it's the energy that I'm attracted to or the color, but I usually tend to always buy quartz and darker blue-purple-violet coloured stones and ones with higher vibrations. I also love to collect rare gems (rough quality) just because I love studying and learning about them but also because I love their unique crystal formations. I have sapphires, rubies, topazes, a shoddy emerald (I really need to get a better specimen lol), aquamarines, garnets, and lots of other rare 'gemmy' gems, all rough or with a partially polished surface or single window on them. I have way too many tbh, but it's one of my passions. If you hand me a healing gem/mineral book, I'd probably say with confidence I have most of the common ones, and probably most if not all in it. The only common stones I'm really missing are some of the varieties of agates and jaspers and some lesser-known stones that are a pain to find or too expensive to bother with. I'm dying to get my hands on pure azurite crystals (no malachite/chrysocolla/turquoise fusion), dioptase, and sugilite... too pricy for me though lol.

I actually used to be into collecting them when I was really little so my collection is massive (I have 5-10 beading tubs with sorted specimens and healing stones and such, not including the bigger chunks!), and I'm always buying and collecting more. When I learned about how they have different healing energies and vibrations, it made me want to collect more, and I just love how each species and variation is sort of unique and alive in a way; I'm thankful that I can appreciate my hoard in many ways now. Sorry for the rant lmao, I really need a gem and mineral blog.

@Lucanosa honestly that was a pleasure to read! i actually have some dioptase but its not a very big one. im thinking of getting more rhodocrosite and rosasite since i love those but a new mineral i have my eye on is Conichalcite. its hard to find nice specimens of it on ebay though.

i only got into really collecting a few years ago and most of my collection has come from my dads collection from when he was young.

heres my dioptase!
P1120598.jpgP1120601.jpg

@Petey Piranha thank you!!! i agree completely natural is best for me when it comes to crystals. its a shame some sellers online try to trick people about their crystals by dying them and such. as for the uncut purple laboradorite i say go for it! you may not find another like it so its best to get it before someone else does c:

@brookesierra7 did you know that some obsidian if its cut just right will display hearts on it? heres an example of it http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-35-Rainbo...165444?hash=item464db12404:g:-GAAAOSwSclXLlof

@Bowie i say go for it! some crystals can just be very soothing to touch for me c:

@Fearthecuteness this guide may be some help for you c: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0f/44/a7/0f44a7346c1ac99086a94aea7e4c8d03.jpg

@Dogemon thats awesome! which mine was it? i would love to do something similar myself one day as i cant imagine just buying the crystals from someone else compares to finding the crystal yourself! i would also love to have some good moonstone but i cant find any nice ones online. most of the ones on ebay have been carved into shapes and i prefer the ones that are as natural as possible

There were several I went to, North Carolina and South Carolina were where I went, but I have found some lesser crystals in Georgia as well! I'll try to find a list of all the good ones I went to!

oh i could do a road trip to the carolinas i've done it before! what were the names of the mines that you went to over there?

I have tons of crystals and minerals. I love the jars you have them in, such a lovely way to display them! I hope to get a big glass china cabinet to display mine someday! Your are very lovely! I hope to get nicer specimens when I have the money to, but I mostly rock hound for my stones, or buy them in bulk rough to tumble them.

thank you! im pretty sure my dad ordered the jars and bases online i'll ask him which website when he comes home so i can tell you guys c:

Back