crystals

thank you! im pretty sure my dad ordered the jars and bases online i'll ask him which website when he comes home so i can tell you guys c:

I collect a million and a half different things so I would love to know where. Every time I look for jars I can never find the neat ones like these with the base, I have some stuff I really want to protect from dust and stuff. What kind of places do you get your stones from as well? They're all really nice pieces!

some of my stones came from my dad old collection and the rest are from ebay and rock shows near where i live c:

went to a rock show today and bought some cavansite, azurite and a meteroite!

P1120609.jpgP1120610.jpgP1120612.jpgP1120613.jpg

aww thank you! and yeah it was the best azurite at the show imo. the second biggest but it has the best luster. its my first meteroite and i've always wanted one! now im hoping to get a moon rock and a mars rock. the cavansite was the only one at the show and i got it!!!

i used to collect a ton of them when i was younger but no, i don't have anymore. i think they're really pretty

i used to collect them for a while, but i've sort of paused now. i've still got a box full of crystals, though, as well as a few more scattered around my room. i usually got the small ones that you can find in pagan shops, but i've got a few larger ones too.

(i also have an excessive amount of selenite oops)

@carp ooo mind sharing a pic of your shiny rock?

@Cherub aww thats a shame :c but yeah i agree they are really pretty!

@screechfox i would love to see your collection! and i think selenite can be just beautiful at times!

Alright, I got some pictures, but much like I feared I have my fossils put away as well as some of my larger stones like my dino-bone chunk, but here are some of the babies I have in my room. =]

gvtBCSi.jpg

this is my rock box, I am going to upgrade to a black chest I got soon, I've just been too lazy to move them(the more fragile things usually aren't in here because I don't trust them not to break but I wanted to get most of the family into the picture)
EgUpALK.jpg

my rock hearts, I used to live by a really neat shop that sold stones and incense and everything good in the world and I used to buy these babies pretty regularly, I have a carnelian, an orange and a black/blue sandstone, labradorite(my fave stone), jade(almost white looking), sodalite, purple tigers eye, and the nearly clear stone is an amethyst.
YaRZedn.jpg

Really neat petrified wood I found in a creek.
Ia5Mm9O.jpg

Volcanic diamonds. We have these everywhere around here and they can be yellow, clear, and purple, the purple being the most rare, I have several at the bottom left.
EK0owve.jpg

a few of my quartz crystals, i have a giant one somewhere as well, and a four inch point that I wear on a necklace.
Ew0XMjz.jpg

Really neat cabochons my grandpa made when he was alive, he used to make them into bolo ties!
N6rZsBT.jpg

a nice little smokey quarts, he lost a few of his points but I still love him
MGvCRA5.jpg

SPACE ROCKS! these are both meteorites, the tiny one is super heavy metal and the larger one is lighter but cold to the touch.
gEt3b4V.jpg

Local mystery rock. I have never found a description to match, the bottom is one in it's raw state and the top two are tumbled. They have bands of black and orange inclusions and they're really really neat!
scvxSK7.jpg

Tiny rocks, I have lots of garnets, diamonds, turquoise, and all sorts of itty bitty stones in this bottle, it's fun to turn it and look for all the different kinds inside.
mVqYm04.jpg

Really cool geode, even though it's artificially dyed it's still neat.
ED5hKT5.jpg

My pretty amethyst geode.
schMZqM.jpg

More amethyst, some I've tumbled, some raw, I have like pounds of raw amethyst I intend to tumble.

Now some babies that pictures can't do justice!
tumblr_opb7cuVurz1r2ps52o3_400.gif

My selenite, I hope to grind it into a wand someday because they make amazing wands.
tumblr_opb7cuVurz1r2ps52o4_400.gif

Bismuth, or as I like to call it, rainbow stairs! It used to be a much larger chunk but I broke up during a move a while back. =[
tumblr_opb7cuVurz1r2ps52o1_400.gif

Gorgeous boulder opals from my grandpa, when my mom gave me the cabochons and I told her there was opal in them she wanted them back, but no Indian giving! =D
tumblr_opb7cuVurz1r2ps52o2_400.gif

My big labradorite palm stone, it's so beautiful and has such bright blue flash. I love it so much.
Quoting my post from the other rock thread to share some of my children.

oh those are gorgeous! the rock hearts and the cabochons are fantastic c: i must say you have a really nice collection and i hope to see you expand it even more!

I've been getting into crystals and stones lately. I really think their powers have great benefits. I have some stone necklaces that I wear for good luck and when I'm nervous for stuff. I feel like they really help tbh.

Has anyone here used one of these?

I'm not sure how to tell if one is legit or not.

I've been getting into crystals and stones lately. I really think their powers have great benefits. I have some stone necklaces that I wear for good luck and when I'm nervous for stuff. I feel like they really help tbh.

Has anyone here used one of these?

I'm not sure how to tell if one is legit or not.

Organites are interesting, but I don't really give them much credence. The stones themselves are what has the energy, the pyramid doesn't add much to it in my opinion. I have a pyramid lapis that is really pretty but I don't think the shape changes it? I think the organite concept is interesting, especially the kits you can get to make them yourself.

I have a small collection, but nothing that big! I mostly buy small crystals. I also have a lot of rocks that probably aren't considered crystals.

well my dad bought me a surprise crystal for my graduation and it arrived today! its chalcopyrite with a little bit of regular pyrite, some barite and quartz. heres what it looks like c:
P1120660.jpgP1120661.jpgP1120662.jpg

Back