7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
As many of you know, yesterday, Emmanuel Macron defeated Marine Le Pen to become President of France. Macron defeated Le Pen in a massive landslide, earning 66% of the vote to 34% for Le Pen.
What is your opinion on the results, and do you think Macron will do a good job as French president?

As many of you know, yesterday, Emmanuel Macron defeated Marine Le Pen to become President of France. Macron defeated Le Pen in a massive landslide, earning 66% of the vote to 34% for Le Pen.
What is your opinion on the results, and do you think Macron will do a good job as French president?

I was actually thrilled, not because Macron won, but because Le Pen lost. The extreme right has been gaining a lot of ground in Europe so it's nice to see that there's still hope.

From what I've heard, Macron might be in for quite a challenge, especially since he is not backed up by a party. I think he has much better chances of uniting the country then Le Pen would ever have with him being more in the center of the political spectrum though. Had Le Pen won we probably would have seen scenes like the ones in the US after Trump got elected.

congrats France for actually not electing a fascist and being far better than certain other countries of late as a result

Last edited:
Definitely the lesser of two evils anyway, that kind of goes without saying. Reassuring to see Le Pen defeated so decisively too! I'm fairly sceptical of Macron's ability as president, but I suppose only time will tell whether he'll be good in the position or not.

Time will tell...! We still have important elections coming up so yeah :confused:

Back