• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Unpopular opinions

- I dislike the smug personality in general. If I didn't like O'Hare's design so much and the fact that Julian shares my name which I thought is pretty cool, I wouldn't have them in my towns
- Any special event furniture set usually sucks and it's such a shame. The designs are so lazy and just really ugly. For example, the jingle set and spooky series... is it really necessary to put that damn pumpkin face on every item?
- Using full furniture sets in rooms. I understand if someone is trying to get scores for the HHA or whatever, but since I don't really care for the points I prefer when sets are mixed and matched, or at least refurbished and paired with some other kind of furniture. It's just more interesting to look at.
- The bandage accessory as a fashion trend (in game and in real life lol) Idk it just reminds me of Nelly and I can't take it seriously haha

ahah sorry a lot of that sounds like a bitter rant u_u

I don't like when people place random items on their house floor: like mushrooms, those nuggets, the items you get from villagers durring The Harvest Festival.

It looks really messy to me...

I'm actually really sick of going into dream towns where the villagers are nothing but: Diana, Marshal, Fauna, Francine, Stitches, Chrissy, Julian, Whitney, Merengue, Poppy, Skye, Flurry (sometimes), any male wolf who isn't Lobo or Wolfgang and Rosie in them (not individually, but the whole town is nothing but them!)
I went to over 600+ towns like that before update and after!

Challenge Accepted!

I want random items to come out of balloons again!! The balloon set is probably the ugliest set in the whole game.

I want random items to come out of balloons again!! The balloon set is probably the ugliest set in the whole game.

Actually random items do, after the update it's possible to have random items...but...you have to get the whole balloon set? Or pop a bunch of balloons?

Last edited:
The dog villagers are one million times better than the cat villagers. I hate the cat villagers.

I agree with this. While I prefer cats irl, the structure of the cat villagers is so bland. Give me fluffy cats please.

TLOZ Spirit Tracks should be 10/10 stars everywhere.

EDIT: I just realized this thread was for AC unpopular opinions. Wow, duh XD

Last edited:
For example, the jingle set and spooky series... is it really necessary to put that damn pumpkin face on every item?

Agreed. They don't have sophisticated designs imo, so I can't take it seriously when picking out furniture for a room!

My Unpopular Opinions:
- i don't like how random ur char is with rover, the reason for this is I would like my char to have a tan skin color and it would be hard to implement in the rover scene. it's just 5 minutes of the game/"animal crossing experience" imo.
- i noticed that this game tries to make every single little thing that happens a big deal with tons of happiness and sunshine and a a need for essay length dialogue from each and every character. that's all well and fun in the beginning, but it starts to get annoying when you're doing things in bulk. for example, buying fortune cookies from redd during the fireworks show. I was doing that for my re-tail forum shop, and stopped at about 20 cookies because it was so tedious.
- I don't like how the shopkeepers greet and farewell me each and every time.
- the pwp waiting game is annoying

that's all i can think of for now :3

Last edited:
Actually random items do, after the update it's possible to have random items...but...you have to get the whole balloon set? Or pop a bunch of balloons?

Wait what. They do?! Well then! That's great! Today I got a balloon chair. ;w; tbh, the balloon dog lamp is kinda cute.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Agreed. They don't have sophisticated designs imo, so I can't take it seriously when picking out furniture for a room!

My Unpopular Opinions:
- i don't like how random ur char is with rover, the reason for this is I would like my char to have a tan skin color and it would be hard to implement in the rover scene. it's just 5 minutes of the game/"animal crossing experience" imo.
- i noticed that this game tries to make every single little thing that happens a big deal with tons of happiness and sunshine and a a need for essay length dialogue from each and every character. that's all well and fun in the beginning, but it starts to get annoying when you're doing things in bulk. for example, buying fortune cookies from redd during the fireworks show. I was doing that for my re-tail forum shop, and stopped at about 20 cookies because it was so tedious.
- the pwp waiting game is annoying

that's all i can think of for now :3

Yes, getting PWP requests is really annoying. I truly wish it was easier. Just a LITTLE easier, please!!

I don't like towns that have all 10 villager houses perfectly aligned
I'm probably the only person in the world who doesnt like them, tho :p

Last edited:
I don't like towns that have all 10 villager houses perfectly aligned
I'm probably the only person in the world who doesnt like them, tho :p

I agree with you! Legit! It looks too perfect and it unsettles me for some reason. I love the randomness. I feel like it gives each villager their own yard. Otherwise, with all them aligned, it feels rather squished.

Ugh no joke, it's so tedious. It's like a breath of fresh air going to another town shopping just because online play skips that dialogue. I get they want the animals to seem friendly (hence Gracie NOT talking to you when you enter because she's a snob) but they could have simply made those greetings/farewells a pop up text instead, so it doesn't delay your controls.

I agree with this. While I prefer cats irl, the structure of the cat villagers is so bland. Give me fluffy cats please.

I totally forgot about this, but I thought I was the only one that wasn't keen on the cats or rabbits. I LOVE the two animals in real life, but in AC their bodies were made rather poorly IMO; namely those stiff ears. I can't take either of them seriously. The rabbits could have been miles better if they simply made one ear look floppy or something, but as it is they just remind me of antennas. They ought to have allowed them to move a little bit like other animals' tails do, but they're just... stiff... sticking vertically up. :/

As for the cats, I think if perhaps the ears were smaller and had more of a gap between them, as real cat ears do, that would at least be an improvement.

Last edited:
Ugh no joke, it's so tedious. It's like a breath of fresh air going to another town shopping just because online play skips that dialogue. I get they want the animals to seem friendly (hence Gracie NOT talking to you when you enter because she's a snob) but they could have simply made those greetings/farewells a pop up text instead, so it doesn't delay your controls.

I totally forgot about this, but I thought I was the only one that wasn't keen on the cats or rabbits. I LOVE the two animals in real life, but in AC their bodies were made rather poorly IMO; namely those stiff ears. I can't take either of them seriously. The rabbits could have been miles better if they simply made one ear look floppy or something, but as it is they just remind me of antennas. They ought to have allowed them to move a little bit like other animals' tails do, but they're just... stiff... sticking vertically up. :/

As for the cats, I think if perhaps the ears were smaller and had more of a gap between them, as real cat ears do, that would at least be an improvement.

I love when you visit Gracie and she does greet nor say farewell to you. It's so much faster. Id rather the shopkeepers be "rude" than to talk to me every single time I enter or leave a building.

Luckily we get another break when we move from Able Sisters clothes to accessories.

I get so sick of people who make "Should I reset?" posts. First of all, I don't understand why anyone would reset their towns after putting so much work into them. Secondly, why ask? If you want to reset then do it. If you don't want to, then don't. Why ask? If you need validation from others on something as simple as playing a DS game, you have much bigger problems.

I get so sick of people who make "Should I reset?" posts. First of all, I don't understand why anyone would reset their towns after putting so much work into them. Secondly, why ask? If you want to reset then do it. If you don't want to, then don't. Why ask? If you need validation from others on something as simple as playing a DS game, you have much bigger problems.

I also have a gripe with this, but it's mainly because there's a stickied thread specifically for resetting discussion, so there's no reason to make a brand new post on it
Same for people who make posts dedicated to some random cute thing their villager did. Put it in the screenshots thread.
The mass amount of "Villager discussion" threads also annoy me.

This is going to sound a bit harsh, but one time I saw a thread say something along the lines of "(fave villager) moved/ left me! Should I reset?" including a poll saying yes or no - and yes was winning the poll (70%). I was thinking "are you people insane?" It's understandable if you're 13 or under, but most of the people on this site are 14+ from what I've seen. I cannot even fathom resetting a hard-worked-on town over some pixels you can easily retrieve later.

Last edited:
This is going to sound a bit harsh, but one time I saw a thread say something along the lines of "(fave villager) moved/ left me! Should I reset?" including a poll saying yes or no - and yes was winning the poll (70%). I was thinking "are you people insane?" It's understandable if you're 13 or under, but most of the people on this site are 14+ from what I've seen. I cannot even fathom resetting a hard-worked-on town over some pixels you can easily retrieve later.

I know on TBT when New Leaf came out - I wasn't an official member and would see these posts. The game had been out here in America for a month and people were resetting - not because of the map but from an unpopular villager moving in or a popular villager moving out. I still see posts like that sometimes :(

---------
Regarding Resetting: Two years ago I came back to New Leaf. My first town was terrible. My house had villagers moving in on 3 sides and ... awful layout.

I went on a frenzy. Resetting every few weeks. But now I've learned what I like in a map. I learned a lot from resetting - because I chose to learn from every reset. And now I have towns so love and don't really time travel anymore.

Resetting without purpose is wanting that thrill of the new, but losing the deep enjoyment of a town that grows over time.

---------
Oh - and I never liked visiting Dream Towns where the town tree is hacked or the person TT'd just to make it the maximum size :)

I have another unpopular opinion.. I don't get why anyone likes Deirdre. Deirdre is so weird looking and should be tier 6 in my opinion

I'm not a huge fan of covering up the stone with patterns. For example the area around the train station, or by the town tree. Don't get me wrong: it can look really pretty. I just prefer to leave mine uncovered. Too many patterns in a town make things feel too artificial to me, personally.

I'm not fussed on many of the sets other people love. I rarely/never even use an entire set together at once because to me it looks too same-same. The same print on everything in the room looks dull to me. I decorate my rooms like you would your real life house.

I don't understand the popularity of certain sets such as 7/11 and the mermaid series. Pretty much every dream town or streetpass town I visit has them, along with Gracie's gorgeous set. It's like groundhog day.

Back