• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Unpopular opinions

i don't like vivian but everyone else does

if you look on the villager popularity list she is tier one -.-

i don't like vivian but everyone else does

if you look on the villager popularity list she is tier one -.-

I don't see the appeal either tbh.

I personally don't like tier lists. They change so often and seem to heavily influence people's dreamies. Their popularity makes me dislike or get annoyed of hearing about those popular villagers and it suuuucks.

The dog villagers are one million times better than the cat villagers. I hate the cat villagers.

My absolute biggest pet peeve about Dream Towns is when they have presents all over the place/in their town plaza. I hate it so much. I'm not gonna take the time to pick each one up, unwrap it, and put it on when it's likely something I would never have my character wear in the first place.

My absolute biggest pet peeve about Dream Towns is when they have presents all over the place/in their town plaza. I hate it so much. I'm not gonna take the time to pick each one up, unwrap it, and put it on when it's likely something I would never have my character wear in the first place.

I don't mind presents, except when there are too many of them. I have been to dream towns where there are like 50+ presents scattered all around town, and they're all filled with random clothes, tools, ice creams, balloons, furniture and so on. It's too much and I don't use those things anyways. I usually don't even bother anymore after I find the presents with clothes in them

I'm personally not a fan of the Illuminated items nor most of the Streetlight projects. Yes, they look pretty at night - but during the daytime, they stick out way too much against all the wonderful nature around them. Only the normal default Street Lamp is the one that I feel blends well with the surroundings in the daytime.

A lot ppl love hack towns, however for me it irks me. The game has limitations for reasons.

I'm personally not a fan of the Illuminated items nor most of the Streetlight projects. Yes, they look pretty at night - but during the daytime, they stick out way too much against all the wonderful nature around them.

Ugh, I'm not a fan of the illuminated pwps either. They look amazing at nighttime, but awful during the day

I agree about the cluttered rooms. I'm very picky and kind of minimalistic when it comes to decorating, so too many items in a room feels overwhelming and cluttered to me.

I also dislike when flowers of different breeds are mixed together, there only being a few exceptions to this. Since the flowers are all different shapes and even different shades of color, seeing them mixed together especially multiple colors feels messy to me

Not a big fan of bamboo either

I'm not fond of having every square tile possible occupied with flowers/items. This is usually the way completed towns are at the dream suite. Like, other than the path, if there is one, the town is like a maze of random flowers and objects. This looks overly cluttered to me. I actually like having bare patches where you can see the grass underneath.

Technically, I don't like overly flooded towns like that, either... Yet I also think the reason this issue exists is due to the rather wonky grass wear mechanic, where planting flowers is the common way to repair the grass - and many spots in town never getting grass at all. The flowers that try to patch the areas then end up becoming decorations as a result. I'd love to make my town much less cluttered when it is completed - my overflow of flowers right now are mostly for grass repairs and cover-ups.

I don't go to the Dream Suite as much as I used to because if I go to a town that's hacked and I don't know it they usually plant too many trees and I just walk in one direction and now - I'm trapped... and I can't get out... try turning this way ... oh no I just want to get back to the town tree... get me out of here...

I do not like that particular feeling. Dream Suite nightmares. :(

I might be the only person who doesn't have a favorite special NPC character.
They're just meh..with me.

Last edited:
I'm assuming a lot of people like to skip Kapp'n's songs on the boat but I enjoy listening to him sing. His lyrics are weird but pretty cute/funny (though I admit I skip his songs sometimes when I'm in a hurry to make some 'quick' bells)

The Anteaters and Ostriches are the best villagers.

The Dog villagers are all ugly....except Goldie.

I hate all the Wolf villagers.....except Vivian.

I don't like hacked towns that much, changing a few things is okay but moving the town tree from the plaza or putting retail on the beach just seems dumb to me.

I love the gorillas...alot of players don't care for them. I have Marshal in one of my towns for the second time...I knew he was popular and wanted to give him a second chance...however I have two villagers I want to move in ...Sly and Apple...so Marshal is on a very short list of neighbors to give the heave-ho.

I really like Aika Village. It was well planned out and well done. Just because it's popular doesn't make it bad.

I really love the kangaroos. I see a lot of people don't care for them much but I think they're adorable.

Back